Rank the Roster 2022: #35 (Final)

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the two next best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 28 Jul 2022 10:59

Tyler Davis
18%
Ty Summers
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
6%
Amari Rodgers
9%
Josiah Deguara
24%
Dominique Dafney
3%
Romeo Doubs
24%
Zach Tom
9%
Shemar Jean-Charles
3%
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Juwann Winfree
3%
Henry Black
No votes
Shawn Davis
No votes
Tariq Carpenter
No votes
Jonathan Ford
No votes
Cole Van Lanen
No votes

Total votes: 33

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2022: #35 (Final)

Post by Waldo »

Camp is here! The 2022 season is upon us.

Rank The Roster: 2022 Edition

1. Aaron Rodgers (62%)[--]
2. Kenny Clark (43%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (44%)[--]
4. David Bakhtiari (40%)[--]
5. Elgton Jenkins (29%)[+3]
6. Rashan Gary (51%)[+4]
7. DeVondre Campbell (51%)[+26]
8. Aaron Jones (53%)[-1]
9. Adrian Amos (40%)[--]
10. Eric Stokes (41%)[+10]
11. AJ Dillon (42%)[+5]
12. Preston Smith (52%)[+2]
13. Rasul Douglas (42%)[+29]
14. Darnell Savage (42%)[-1]
15. Alan Lazard (33%)[+5]
16. Josh Myers (20%)[+3]
17. Sammy Watkins (23%)[FA]
18. John Runyan (30%)[+6]
19. Quay Walker (25%)[R]
20. Devonte Wyatt (30%)[R]
21. Robert Tonyan (35%)[-9]
22. Christian Watson (37%)[R]
23. Dean Lowry (46%)[+3]
24. Randall Cobb (28%)[FA]
25. Royce Newman (28%)[+10]
26. Jarran Reed (29%)[FA]
27. Yosh Nijman (41%)[+15]
28. Marcedes Lewis (24%)[+1]
29. TJ Slaton (32%)[+10]
30. Jordan Love (38%)[-6]
31. Krys Barnes (27%)[-14]
32. Keisean Nixon (19%)[FA]
33. Sean Rhyan (28%)[R]
34. Kylin Hill (28%)[+7]
35. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2021 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Dafney and Doubs for me. Only capable FB on the roster and the rookie WR.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Davis + Deguara

Need a TE until Tonyan returns. Davis was the camp opening starter. I'm hopeful the light comes on for Deguara, who needs a big year to stick.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am going to through sensibility to the wind for this one and cast my final votes for the two guys I find most exciting, and those will be Romeo Doubs and Zach Tom.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Tyler Davis and Doubs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am going Dequara, year 3 is when TE's spread there wings, Doubs mostly because the staff spoke highly of him

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2022 11:58
Tyler Davis and Doubs.
My choices too.

Watkins is hurt before the preseason even starts. Watson is on PUP, although supposedly a minor problem. No one other than Doubs has a snowball's chance of being WR#1.

Tyler Davis is TE#1 if Tonyan is not ready.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Davis and some Winfree love. He's been around a while, might be his year to bust out.
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Y'all are picking Doubs because he was the star of camp yesterday. That's cheating. :lol:

I picked Enagbare; it seems like he's going to get a fair number of snaps on D. And Deguara, I think he'll be a regular part of the O.

Weak effort on my part this year, usually we get to the low-mid 40's. This was a good year too, lots to talk about roster-wise. I hope everyone knows the roster a little better than they did before and is ready for 2022, football is back!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Kind of an interesting observation --

'Only real droppers this go-around are: ... Jones, only by 1 spot, and that mainly because of Campbell being a huge surprise player; Savage, again, only by 1 spot; Tonyan, largely due to injury; Love, hasn't impressed, but also was getting voted higher last year in no small part because we weren't sure if Rodgers was even going to be on the team whereas this year we know Love is a backup; Krys Barnes, largely because he's projected to lose his job to our first 1st-round pick.

And, that's it. Everyone else looks like their old selves or players on the rise -- pretty cool! :)
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Waldo wrote:
28 Jul 2022 08:51
Y'all are picking Doubs because he was the star of camp yesterday. That's cheating. :lol:

I picked Enagbare; it seems like he's going to get a fair number of snaps on D. And Deguara, I think he'll be a regular part of the O.

Weak effort on my part this year, usually we get to the low-mid 40's. This was a good year too, lots to talk about roster-wise. I hope everyone knows the roster a little better than they did before and is ready for 2022, football is back!
IMO the only thing wrong with picking Enagbare are Gary and Preston ahead of him. Both have been healthy and Gary may be the best edge in the game. He may have to wait a year. He is big and strong and a better athlete than he tested - mainly because of leg injury that was not fully healed.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Waldo wrote:
Y'all are picking Doubs because he was the star of camp yesterday. That's cheating.
Yeah, guilty. :lol:

But it was only after reading about his fine start to camp and considering the opportunity within the WR position group that I gave him my vote. I think that is grounds enough to toss a mid 30's pick to an unknown but promising player. :aok:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Jul 2022 10:09
Waldo wrote:

IMO the only thing wrong with picking Enagbare are Gary and Preston ahead of him. Both have been healthy and Gary may be the best edge in the game. He may have to wait a year. He is big and strong and a better athlete than he tested - mainly because of leg injury that was not fully healed.
Right, but pass rushers are not every down players. They take breathers. Remember it was NBD early on that Gary wasn't a starter because of the Smith's because he'd get plenty of play anyways as pass rushers rotate a bit to stay fresh. The #3 OLB plays some football, he's no bench warmer.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:

better roster, or at least on paper, all 3 receivers look miles ahead of the 3 we chose 3 or 4 years ago, and both Quay and Wyatt came from a pro style defense, which should mean early contributors, now where picking Guy's like Enagbare who will play a lot simply because of positional need, same with Doubs and Dequara, to me the roster seems more talented, I agree this exercise could have run a couple more weeks. but who cares now as TC is underway. :aok:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Ending with another tie?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Jul 2022 02:48
Ending with another tie?
GMTA

Of course it will end in yet another run-off. :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

In the future if we don't want to spend time on run-offs, there's a really simple way to avoid it.

Let's say we get this result:

Rank the roster #24
Player Y = 6 votes
Player X = 6 votes

The list would then look like this:

22. Marmaduke
23. Garfield
24. Player X
24. Player Y
Ziggy

Just a thought.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Jul 2022 12:39
In the future if we don't want to spend time on run-offs, there's a really simple way to avoid it.

Let's say we get this result:

Rank the roster #24
Player Y = 6 votes
Player X = 6 votes

The list would then look like this:

22. Marmaduke
23. Garfield
24. Player X
24. Player Y
Ziggy

Just a thought.
I agree. Then we can get deeper into the roster next offseason. I would have liked to see Davis and Enagbare come off the board.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am more excited about Randy Ramsey this year than I am Enegbare.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Let the record show I cast my vote for Doubs (and Tom!) before these recent developments about them. 8-)

Those two and Watson were all picks that I *really* liked and am excited about.
—Magneto