Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears :bears:
Sunday, December 4th, 2022, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -4
Over/Under: 43.5

Stadium

Soldier Field

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=13
Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

Dope Sheet
The Green Bay Packers (4-8) finishes up a run of five road games in seven weeks with a trip to play the Chicago Bears (3-9).

The Packers and the Bears enter Sunday's game tied for the most regular-season wins in NFL history with 786 each.
Sunday will mark Game No. 206 in the NFL's oldest rivalry. The Packers hold a 104-95-6 edge in the series, which includes two playoff games (1-1).
Overall, the Packers have won seven straight games against the Bears and 11 of the last 12.
Green Bay's current winning streak of seven games against Chicago is tied for the second longest by the Packers in series history (10 straight from 1994-98, seven-game streaks in 1928-30 and 2000-03).
Including a 2010 playoff victory at Chicago, Green Bay has won 23 of the last 28 meetings between the rivals at Soldier Field, including 11 of the last 12.
Seven of the last 10 games between the two clubs at Soldier Field have been decided by single digits.
Head Coach Matt LaFleur is the first coach in league history to win his first seven regular-season games against Chicago (Minnesota's Dennis Green won his first six from 1992-94).
QB Aaron Rodgers has posted a 125-plus rating and multiple TD passes in each of his last five games vs. Chicago, making him the the first NFL quarterback with five straight against a single opponent.
In his last five games against the Bears, Rodgers has completed 105 of 138 passes (76.1 pct.) for 1,221 yards, 16 TDs and no INTs for a 141.0 passer rating.
Rodgers has recorded seven straight games (2019-22) without an INT vs. the Bears, the longest streak against Chicago in NFL history.
With Rodgers as the starting quarterback, Green Bay is 24-5 (including playoffs) against the Bears, with one loss coming in 2013 after Rodgers left the game with an injury after the first series.
In the 29 games against Chicago, Rodgers has an overall passer rating of 108.1. Of the starters that have attempted 300-plus passes against the Bears (including playoffs), Rodgers' 108.1 passer rating is No. 1 in league history (No. 2 - Drew Brees, 98.2) according to Stats Pass.
Rodgers has posted a 100-plus passer rating in 15 matchups (min. 15 pass att.) and the Packers are 15-0 in those contests. Rodgers has the most 100-plus passer-rating games (min. 15 pass att.) against the Bears since 1950 (stathead.com), passing Brett Favre (11) in Week 17 of the 2020 season.
Rodgers has registered 10 games with a passer rating of 125-plus against the Bears (min. 15 att.), the most by a QB against a single opponent.
Overall, Rodgers has thrown 63 TDs against Chicago, passing Favre (60) for the most in NFL history vs. the Bears.
Weather
image.png
image.png (238.4 KiB) Viewed 497 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 02 Dec 2022 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Look at that... FOX is literally giving me the finger.
image.png
image.png (77.75 KiB) Viewed 490 times

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
30 Nov 2022 11:22

image.png
Me too... Me too ...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bares have been injury-ravaged: Fields, Mooney, Jackson. This is one of the few teams pathetic enough for us to beat them. Also, Rodgers will not want to lose after "I own you" just like he didn't want to lose McCarthy, the guy who was scapegoated for him. He will see to it that we win (if he can make it through the game).

One of the only things that justifies playing ourselves out of a Top-10 pick is Love getting starts and getting those wins by looking good, but a W in Chicago will delay starting Love and hurt our draft stock, as will every W until we are mercifully eliminated.

We will win, but will we really? :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:

image.png
We won't be getting the game down here either. I'm glad we have NFL Red Zone so at least I can see scores and other big plays.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2022 11:52
NCF wrote:

image.png
We won't be getting the game down here either. I'm glad we have NFL Red Zone so at least I can see scores and other big plays.
Big plays. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
30 Nov 2022 11:30
Bares have been injury-ravaged: Fields, Mooney, Jackson. This is one of the few teams pathetic enough for us to beat them. Also, Rodgers will not want to lose after "I own you" just like he didn't want to lose McCarthy, the guy who was scapegoated for him. He will see to it that we win (if he can make it through the game).

One of the only things that justifies playing ourselves out of a Top-10 pick is Love getting starts and getting those wins by looking good, but a W in Chicago will delay starting Love and hurt our draft stock, as will every W until we are mercifully eliminated.

what does being top 10 or slot 14 matter unless your going after a pine riding QB, hell every player Guty drafts that high gets blisters for two years anyway.

tanking for draft position is something this team doesn't do, I think Miami does though, and there paying folks to jump on there bandwagon :rotf: hell you could probably get a bargain basement deal on season tickets :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2022 12:43

what does being top 10 or slot 14 matter unless your going after a pine riding QB, hell every player Guty drafts that high gets blisters for two years anyway.

tanking for draft position is something this team doesn't do, I think Miami does though, and there paying folks to jump on there bandwagon :rotf: hell you could probably get a bargain basement deal on season tickets :rotf:

And how's Miami's season going :rotf: in comparison to us? :rotf:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Tanking for Luck was the correct move, as the experience of Indy showed. That said, there isn't always an Andrew Luck in the draft.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

It’s a toss up between the Packers taking out their frustrations on da Bears, versus being so unmotivated that they really just don’t care. I choose the former. It is da Bears, after all.

Packers 600
Bears 13

Okay, maybe I overdid just a bit. Maybe it’ll be more like 42 - 17.

Looks like the tv networks have taken the shine off of Green Bay Packer football too. Only a regional game now, while playing in one of the largest markets. Sad how far we’ve fallen.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:25
Tanking for Luck was the correct move, as the experience of Indy showed. That said, there isn't always an Andrew Luck in the draft.
Oh yeah, how many Lombardi trophies did Luck win? Zero? Yup. I thought so. So, you’re saying that tanking works well for good QBs who don’t win Lombardi Trophies? Just want to be clear about that.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
30 Nov 2022 12:11
Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2022 11:52
NCF wrote:

image.png
Big plays. :lol:

NFL Network's Red Zone is kinda fun. It shows all the scoring in every game and other big plays without commercials.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:10
Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2022 12:43

And how's Miami's season going :rotf: in comparison to us? :rotf:
The Dolphins are 8-5 and leading the AFCE. They've won 5 straight games.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:29
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Oh yeah, how many Lombardi trophies did Luck win? Zero? Yup. I thought so. So, you’re saying that tanking works well for good QBs who don’t win Lombardi Trophies? Just want to be clear about that.

Nonsense on stilts.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Luck won none in his entire 5-full-season career. Favre and Rodgers, however, won one in four times the opportunities.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
30 Nov 2022 11:30

I am now in the mood of wanting to see us play well but get f*cked by the football gods.

1. Blatant pass interference missed calls
2. Stupid holding penalties (think Jenkins pancake block getting called back)
3. Stupid Illegal Contact and DPI's called on our guys
4. Missed Crosby Field Goals (he ain't gonna be back anyways)
5. Trick plays that result in 70 yard TDs but would normally never happen

Bring on the crazy way to lose but still look good!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

we will beat the bear, it will delay us from seeing Love, it will keep us from drafting in the top ten. We still wont be making the playoffs. But hey Rodgers can own the bares. Woot.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

it was good for an AFC championship appearance. Theyve barely sniffed the playoffs since.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »