Saints @ Packers GDT: Sunday Sep 24 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Saints @ Packers GDT: Sunday Sep 24 12:00pm CST

Post by APB »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints :saints:

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 - 12:00 CST
Spread: Packers -2
Over/Under: 42.5

Home opener, boi!!

Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI

How To Watch
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=3
Fox, Fubo, YouTube Sunday Ticket

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Yep, same crew as last week:

Sideline Reporter - Shannon Spake :heart:

Weather

Green Bay Weekend Weather

Screenshot 2023-09-20 073049.png
Screenshot 2023-09-20 073049.png (22.94 KiB) Viewed 4007 times

Dope Sheet

Week 3 Dope Sheet

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Time to move on from last week, lessons learned and growth achieved...

Let's get ready to Lambeau!!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2023 06:58
89 lit the candle of a resurgence for me, specially that win, and when ya lose close games, it's often a prelude to winning close games. :clap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saints D is legitness

We lose if Royce Newman plays.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Another game we should win as long as the defense doesn’t let a bad offense score 20+ points.

Because the saints d is good. But we should be the better team. Derric carr is a joke to me
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Tough game coming up. This defense needs to look in the mirror and find if they see someone tough. Points are going to be hard to come by in this one if Jones is out again. I expect Watson to make his debut in this one on a limited snap count.

I’m really concerned every team from here on out is going to blitz Love on offense and just run at us on defense and it will be the same story all season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2023 07:24
Tough game coming up. This defense needs to look in the mirror and find if they see someone tough. Points are going to be hard to come by in this one if Jones is out again. I expect Watson to make his debut in this one on a limited snap count.

I’m really concerned every team from here on out is going to blitz Love on offense and just run at us on defense and it will be the same story all season.
Sure would be really really nice to have all of Jones, Watson, Bak and Jenkins to combat this blitzing. Each would help immensely.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we have to be able to run the football, if we can't Love will need his wheels to scramble and extend plays, and this defense needs to show up, no more grabbing and reach tackling, no more cushion zone coverage.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
20 Sep 2023 07:31
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2023 07:24

Sure would be really really nice to have all of Jones, Watson, Bak and Jenkins to combat this blitzing. Each would help immensely.
I kinda doubt Jenkins will be back. It will help immensely if Jones and Watson play.

I looks like I'll be able to see this week's game. :banana:

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Kind of wish I was working game day but I have a special little kids bday party that day so I'm only working set days. I will be on field for Thurs lions game though.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If our Defense gives up 20+ points this week, then yeah Barry should be let go immediately so we can salvage the season with someone else in charge.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Might be our key to sucess this week.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

1. I'm over the idea that "no way should we lose" mantra. It goes the other way too. There isn't an automatic win or lose for anybody in any game. Any given Sunday. And until this team proves it is the better team... the saying still goes.

2. Jenkins will not be back for this. All that I've seen from Packer beat reporters is that his knee is "multiple weeks" at first glance. Would be nice if he can prove wrong. But I wouldn't expect that.

3. Bahktiari needs to play. Between him and Tom, that's a virtual lock down from both Tackle spots. And if he doesn't play, it'll still be good. The Saints will look for sacks and big plays resulting from pressure. Will our OLine be up to par? I think so. We will need to score 20+ in this one.

4. Love. He has flashed that he is confident against pressure. But he hasn't been hit multiple times any given game yet. I think this is a game where he might learn and grow. But I still expect him to play well.

5. Yes, we need Watson and Jones. Enough said about that.

6. Will Reed be a pivotal part of this offense this week? It's amazing to think of a rookie slot guy having that much importance. But he has shown ability and burst. If he can keep synced with Love and use his good hands, I'm hopeful that he does very well, including at least one TD.

7. Musgrave. Another game where we can expect pressure on Love. As I mentioned last week, this is where a QB needs his security blanket. And nobody is better than a big, fast TE with good hands. So, let's hope that Musgrave can start to carry that load.

8. Defense. Eish! Enough said, except let last week be the counter to this week. Improve or die!

9. Special teams. Until our unit is taking bigger steps, expect ST to play a big role in the close games. When will be bust a big return or Carlson kick a winning figgie?

Overall, I hope our margin is better than the oddsmakers are giving. But this is still a very young team, at least on offense. I'll go with the line on this one. An eeker of a game. Hoping for a last minute win.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Not sure how reputable this source is:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh ffs, IR his golf carting ass and be done with it.

And move Tom to LT permanently, have Walker start RT. Nijman and Jones are your backup swing tackles, plus Tenuta at RT when he returns.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This could be good…
Saints S Marcus Maye was suspended three games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

Maye was sentenced to six months of probation because of a 2021 DUI, so it’s possible the suspension is related to that incident. He will be eligible to return ahead of the Saints’ Week 6 game against the Texans.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Derek Carr is the QB on the opposite sideline. Have to find a way to bank a team win with these match-ups. I can't think of a better recipe to get back on track with the run defense than this Saints offense without Williams and Kamara. Taysom Hill is their leading rusher. Their defense might be a tough task for our offense, but their offense sucks outside of some nice WR's. That plays to our strength on D.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah. When I heard Bak had knee swelling I sensed it was the beginning of the end.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Sep 2023 09:10
Yeah. When I heard Bak had knee swelling I sensed it was the beginning of the end.
my first thought was that it would be a dead give away that he just wont play on turf if we play him this week, and the coaches and GM would be charged with coddling, not sure if theirs a rule against coddling, or how many games your suspended for coddling players. :rotf: :rotf:

boy that last contract to Bakh hurts, but what a great career he's had, and I just have to believe that this bother Bakhtiari just as much as it does us.