Rank the Roster 2021: #41 - Final

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the two next best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 28 Jul 2021 12:14

Jace Sternberger
26%
Yosh Nijman
No votes
Jake Hanson
No votes
Equanimeous St. Brown
No votes
Will Redmond
26%
Cole Van Lanen
No votes
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Kylin Hill
26%
Randy Ramsey
4%
Josh Jackson
No votes
Ben Braden
17%
Dexter Williams
No votes

Total votes: 23

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2021: #41 - Final

Post by Waldo »

As Jim Morrison once famously said, this is the end.

Rank The Roster: 2021 Edition

1. Aaron Rodgers (65%)[--]
2. Davante Adams (65%)[+2]
3. Jaire Alexander (59%)[+4]
4. David Bakhtiari (83%)[+1]
5. Kenny Clark (40%)[+1]
6. Za'Darius Smith (45%)[-4]
7. Aaron Jones (57%)[-4]
8. Elgton Jenkins (65%)[+1]
9. Adrian Amos (48%)[+2]
10. Rashan Gary (48%)[+7]
11. Darnell Savage (79%)[+3]
12. Robert Tonyan (46%)[+26]
13. Billy Turner (41%)[+10]
14. Preston Smith (36%)[-6]
15. Marquez Valdes-Scantling (38%)[+13]
16. AJ Dillon (40%)[+5]
17. Krys Barnes (42%)[+26]
18. Kevin King (40%)[-8]
19. Josh Myers (39%)[R]
20. Eric Stokes (38%)[R]
21. Alan Lazard (40%)[-3]
22. Kingsley Keke (27%*)[+11]
23. Amari Rodgers (21%)[R]
24. Jordan Love (24%)[+12]
25. Dean Lowry (26%)[-6]
26. Jon Runyan (24%)[+14]
27. Chandon Sullivan (28%)[-7]
28. Lucas Patrick (31%)[+11]
29. Marcedes Lewis (30%)[+3]
30. Kamal Martin (36%)[+7]
31. Josiah Deguara (28%)[-1]
32. Tyler Lancaster (24%)[-3]
33. DeVondre Campbell (28%)[FA]
34. Devin Funchess (25%)[-12]
35. Royce Newman (26%)[R]
36T. Shemar Jean-Charles (19%)[R]
36T. Dominique Dafney (19%)[+7]
38. Ty Summers (25%)[+5]
39. Tedarrell Slaton (32%)[R]
40. Vernon Scott (28%)[+3]
41. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2020 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll.

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 10 guys, a new player is added to the list each day).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gosh I hope Vernon Scott takes over and outplays Will Redmond.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Redmond and Stern are my two picks, I think both are pretty safe for the roster.

Stern is a clear backup at this time, but he's also the only TE that can actually back up Tonyan (Deguara and Lewis not so much). Maybe it was just a sophomore slump and he breaks out this year (not unheard of at TE at all). I don't think his roster spot is in jeopardy. We could get by if Deguara or Lewis go down, but Tonyan is critical and needs a solid backup.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Randall Cobb.

8-)

I'll go with Hill and, I guess I will buy a little hype on Ben Braden.

Thanks for doing this for another season, [mention]Waldo[/mention]. This was a very welcomed distraction this summer from the Rodgers drama.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

IMO the next three should be Hill, Stern, and Redmond in that order.

Hill is RB3. Been preaching that for a while now. Sternberger is still extremely talented and is probably the 2nd best receiving option at the position and his blocking surprised me. I thought he wouldnt be able to block for &%$@ coming out but it wasnt terrible. Still incredibly new to what IMO is the most versatile offensive position meaning he needs to master a lot of skills. Redmond is a core STs player and sadly will probably at some point have to come in for defensive snaps.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Waldo wrote:
27 Jul 2021 12:20
Redmond and Stern are my two picks, I think both are pretty safe for the roster.

Stern is a clear backup at this time, but he's also the only TE that can actually back up Tonyan (Deguara and Lewis not so much). Maybe it was just a sophomore slump and he breaks out this year (not unheard of at TE at all). I don't think his roster spot is in jeopardy. We could get by if Deguara or Lewis go down, but Tonyan is critical and needs a solid backup.
Sternberger has definitely not been very good so far but I do think it needs to be taken into consideration that he only had one year at A&M and prior to that was a JUCO kid and even prior to that he was a backup at Kansas who doesnt give a &%$@ about TEs. This kids bounced around from coach to coach and has gotten very little experience. He was always going to need time but the tools are all there to at the very least be a competent #2 TE to Tonyan.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

At this point, the best we can realistically expect if the remaining candidates is making the roster, playing STs, and a bit of spot duty. I tried to avoid it, but Redmond is a pretty safe bet on all three.

Hill and Sternberger are also candidates for at least two of those, if not all three. Braden as potentially our primary swing-tackle may also see the field a bit (but I hope not).

Redmond and Hill is my final vote.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Henry Black is a guy I forgot about. Should be above a few of these other guys leftover.
RIP JustJeff