What are you listening to..?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

salmar80 wrote:
01 Jul 2020 17:29
Shameless Finland plug: If you have cash to spare, all Genelec active speakers are bloody fantastic for both music and movie uses. Just google some reviews, dare you to find a negative one.
I don't think I've ever heard of those, but that F One might be the ugliest subwoofer I've ever seen.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:16
salmar80 wrote:
Shameless Finland plug: If you have cash to spare, all Genelec active speakers are bloody fantastic for both music and movie uses. Just google some reviews, dare you to find a negative one.
I don't think I've ever heard of those, but that F One might be the ugliest subwoofer I've ever seen.
The one that looks like an Ikea rahi stool? That's a feature - when an unsuspecting guest sits on it, you can bring the bass and scare the crap outta them :rotf:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

salmar80 wrote:
02 Jul 2020 03:12
TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:16
salmar80 wrote:
The one that looks like an Ikea rahi stool? That's a feature - when an unsuspecting guest sits on it, you can bring the bass and scare the crap outta them :rotf:
Yes, that one. Absolutely hideous. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 16:44
Backthepack4ever wrote:
01 Jul 2020 15:17
TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 11:19

I'm typically not a fan of smart speakers/soundbars. However, Sonos does have a good thing going for them. They've recently released their new Sonos Arc, $700 I think, but when you're getting in those price ranges... I'm thinking about some quality bookshelf speakers.
I only have exp with the speakers but my brother has a whole home system and its pretty incredible. Sound quality is as good as any and tins of options. Of course not cheap but it lasts and that matters to me.

I seldom watch tv outside of sports. Id say I put 10 hrs on sonos to every 1 on my tv so the price is worth it imo

What kind of system does your brother have? If you don't mind me asking. And that sort of stuff will last a long time!

I'm about 70% music. 30% movies. The wife thinks it's weird how I can sit and just listen to music, without really doing anything else. Sometimes it's just nice to kinda zone out and let the music take you.
I know he has 2 speakers paired with a sub and the tv sound bar. Not sure what else. The 2 speakers are the smaller ones (s1 I believe) then he has the s5 in other rooms.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
02 Jul 2020 10:07
TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 16:44
Backthepack4ever wrote:
01 Jul 2020 15:17

I only have exp with the speakers but my brother has a whole home system and its pretty incredible. Sound quality is as good as any and tins of options. Of course not cheap but it lasts and that matters to me.

I seldom watch tv outside of sports. Id say I put 10 hrs on sonos to every 1 on my tv so the price is worth it imo

What kind of system does your brother have? If you don't mind me asking. And that sort of stuff will last a long time!

I'm about 70% music. 30% movies. The wife thinks it's weird how I can sit and just listen to music, without really doing anything else. Sometimes it's just nice to kinda zone out and let the music take you.
I know he has 2 speakers paired with a sub and the tv sound bar. Not sure what else. The 2 speakers are the smaller ones (s1 I believe) then he has the s5 in other rooms.
I can't decide if I'm going to do a new setup up with some nice bookshelf speakers or jump in on some real nice floors. I should have what it takes to drive whatever, maybe will look at an amp down the road.

I'd really like to get something new going by the end of the year, the wife just doesn't really know how serious I am about it yet. :munch:
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Out of nowhere, a fantastic official video for "Sogno di volare" - "The Dream of Flight".

An ode to humanity and what makes us us.

Also, a good sound system test.

---

It's sung in Italian, lyrics translated in English below, with my subtle touches:

The Dream Of Flight

Once You Have Taken Flight
You’ll Decide
Gaze Towards The Sky - You’ll Know
That Is Where Your Heart Will Feel At Home
x2

The First Great Bird Will
Take Flight Toward The Sun
Sweeping Over The Great Mount Ceceri
Filling The Universe With Wonder And Glory

Once You Have Taken Flight...

Mankind Will Be Lifted
By His Own Creation
Just Like Birds - Into The Sky
Filling The Universe With Wonder And Glory

Once You Have Taken Flight
You’ll Decide
Gaze Towards The Sky - You’ll Know
That Is Where Your Heart Will Feel At Home

Glory! Glory! Glory!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm a sucker for good British things, dunno why. Also a sucker for female cellists and songs that don't mean what you first think they mean (Born in the USA...).

I also like understanding English. I would SO have misinterpreted this song some years ago. It's sort of an antithesis song to the metal band Sentenced I love.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I like my summer place. Everyone should have one. "The injuries fade, but the memories last a lifetime."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Jul 2020 15:50
I like my summer place. Everyone should have one. "The injuries fade, but the memories last a lifetime."
There's a blast from the past.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Wow this is such a weird piece, but somehow I love it. "young people get, o-o-oh-old every day" :(

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

New Haken:

Check out the rest of the album, it's great.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Jul 2020 11:18
New Haken:

Check out the rest of the album, it's great.
Damn, it's soooo close to hitting home, but not quite. The drummer is maybe too good, and overtaking the song. With Finnish bands, even the crazy good drummers always are just serving the song. Here there's some extra boasting.

The multi-style singer reminds me of Amorphis' one.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Dork alert

So a friend and I have been doing 2 album reviews each Sunday for about a month now. We both pick an artist and album then go through and discuss song by song. I really enjoy it and with his totally different music taste I think I'm learning and growing.

The last 4 albums were

Jim Croce- you dont mess around with Jim. Croce was greatness died way to soon

Sam Cooke- Night Beat. Prob the best singer of the bunch but not the best album.

The Louvin Brothers- my baby is gone. The blood harmony is crazy good

Fleetwood Mac- Rumors. With all their drama going into this album it might be the most perfect built cover to cover record ever

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

So I did a thing:
image.png
image.png (671.51 KiB) Viewed 550 times
Wife won't know until it's too late.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

TheGreenMan wrote:
15 Aug 2020 08:58
So I did a thing:

image.png

I saw that... if you’re a LP fan, that’s a wet dream 😆👍

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gunzaan wrote:
15 Aug 2020 14:49
TheGreenMan wrote:
15 Aug 2020 08:58
So I did a thing:

image.png

I saw that... if you’re a LP fan, that’s a wet dream 😆👍
:lol:

I'm really only after the Hybrid Theory EP on vinyl. Everything else is a bonus. :mrgreen:
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Juice WRLD. RIP

Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

LP... takes me back.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Actually just got an old record player from a neighbor who just moved away and then another neighbor who is moving away just gave me a handful of Beatles, Johnny Cash, Cubby Checkers, Buddy Holly, Elvis records. Love letting them play on through, great sound. Does anyone know how I can skip back and forth between songs? :aok:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I think that is what children are for (skipping tracks on record players). They can get up to change the channel on the tv, too.