2022 WR's

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Week 1 WRs on 53

Sammy Watkins
14%
Randall Cobb
14%
Alan Lazard
14%
Christian Watson
9%
Christian Watson (on PUP)
4%
Romeo Doubs
15%
Juwann Winfree
10%
Amari Rodgers
12%
Malik Taylor
No votes
Danny Davis
1%
Ishmael Hyman
1%
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 181

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

The quality of this group we should only be keeping 5.

Keep whoever is best on special teams and if there are better corners as gunners keep less wrs.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

bud fox wrote:
12 Aug 2022 18:36

Keep whoever is best on special teams and if there are better corners as gunners keep less wrs.
The quality of the group and injury history as well is why u keep 6 and probably 7. Lots of turnover at the position going forward.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Realist wrote:
12 Aug 2022 18:42
bud fox wrote:

The quality of the group and injury history as well is why u keep 6 and probably 7. Lots of turnover at the position going forward.
Just keep em on practice squad

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bud fox wrote:
12 Aug 2022 19:17
Realist wrote:
12 Aug 2022 18:42
bud fox wrote:

Just keep em on practice squad
What's the worst that could happen!? Image
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well after the first preseason game, this is what we know:

Doubs is still for real
Toure might be for real. He helped himself
Amari Rodgers does look a lot faster and looked good on ST. However that interception is 90% his fault. #1 he did not know where the first down was, and so he wound up 4 yards too deep and let the defender undercut the route. And he was not strong enough to keep his body between the defender and the ball. Had he played with strength the worst that could have happened on that play was that the defender would draw a pass interference penalty. Instead he got pushed out of the way and it was an interception.

Danny Davis deserves some attention.

He is not a WR but Tyler Davis had the ball hit him in the hands directly in front of him and not only did he not catch it, he let it pop into the air for an easy interception. Tell you what, Tonyan had better be healthy to start the season!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Aug 2022 05:07

Doubs is still for real
Amari Rodgers does look a lot faster and looked good on ST. However that interception is 90% his fault. #1 he did not know where the first down was, and so he wound up 4 yards too deep and let the defender undercut the route. And he was not strong enough to keep his body between the defender and the ball. Had he played with strength the worst that could have happened on that play was that the defender would draw a pass interference penalty. Instead he got pushed out of the way and it was an interception.

He is not a WR but Tyler Davis had the ball hit him in the hands directly in front of him and not only did he not catch it, he let it pop into the air for an easy interception. Tell you what, Tonyan had better be healthy to start the season!
It's not that Amari went to deep, the decision to throw to him was bad, the pass to Davis was high and lacked any touch, plenty of Loves passes where off target, he settled down and had some good passes, but the receivers aren't all to blame.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Rodgers is terrible and doesn't look faster to me. His first kick return looked in slow mo and then on the longer one he had a open field.

Doubs was the only one that looked good for me.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
13 Aug 2022 05:53
TheSkeptic wrote:

Doubs is still for real

It's not that Amari went to deep, the decision to throw to him was bad, the pass to Davis was high and lacked any touch, plenty of Loves passes where off target, he settled down and had some good passes, but the receivers aren't all to blame.
He got both hands on it and did not jump. It was not too high. Correct, Love also made some bad passes and decisions, but this was 100% on Tyler Davis, even MLF said so.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

bud fox wrote:
13 Aug 2022 06:10
Rodgers is terrible and doesn't look faster to me. His first kick return looked in slow mo and then on the longer one he had a open field.

Rodgers looked faster to me. Unfortunately he got shoved out of the way and the DB made the interception. By losing weight he gained speed and lost strength and without the ability to fight for his position, he does not belong in the slot.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:21
Yoop wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Doubs is still for real

He got both hands on it and did not jump. It was not too high. Correct, Love also made some bad passes and decisions, but this was 100% on Tyler Davis, even MLF said so.
Love still lacks touch, if your going to throw bullets, then the pass has to be on target, it wasn't, Davis had to reach and the result was a tipped pass, sure a better effort from Davis and the results could have been different.

Lafluer obviously will defend Love if possible, but I wasn't impressed with Love last night, he lacked touch on short passes and was short and late on some long ones, maybe another game will settle him down some more

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:29
bud fox wrote:

Rodgers looked faster to me. Unfortunately he got shoved out of the way and the DB made the interception. By losing weight he gained speed and lost strength and without the ability to fight for his position, he does not belong in the slot.
the DB didn't push him out of the way, Amari never had position on the DB, Love made a poor decision to throw him the ball, your blaming Rodgers because thats all you've done for the last week, Rodgers wasn't the problem, Love was.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:36
TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:29
bud fox wrote:

the DB didn't push him out of the way, Amari never had position on the DB, Love made a poor decision to throw him the ball, your blaming Rodgers because thats all you've done for the last week, Rodgers wasn't the problem, Love was.
No one should be making excuses for any QB. QB should know when to check down to another receiver, take a sack, throw the ball away, or improvise by running it themselves. :swear:

Blue 58 Blue 58. 3-19 3-19 hut

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:33
TheSkeptic wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Love still lacks touch, if your going to throw bullets, then the pass has to be on target, it wasn't, Davis had to reach and the result was a tipped pass, sure a better effort from Davis and the results could have been different.

Lafluer obviously will defend Love if possible, but I wasn't impressed with Love last night, he lacked touch on short passes and was short and late on some long ones, maybe another game will settle him down some more
Red zone passes generally have smaller windows. A “touch” pass there would have given the defender time to react and bat it away.

Love threw a very catchable ball that Davis easily got two hands on and he didn’t hold on. That’s on Davis.

Tell me, had Aaron Rodgers thrown that ball, how hard would you be defending Davis this morning?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:48
Yoop wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Red zone passes generally have smaller windows. A “touch” pass there would have given the defender time to react and bat it away.

Love threw a very catchable ball that Davis easily got two hands on and he didn’t hold on. That’s on Davis.

Tell me, had Aaron Rodgers thrown that ball, how hard would you be defending Davis this morning?
that would have been a tough catch for anyone, bullet passes for about 5 yards have to be on target, or tipped passes are often the outcome.

and I have defended Love as much as anyone here, but he was not accurate last night, that TD pass to Davis, was way off the mark, I do agree that it's hard to know who to blame for the dumpers to the RB's, but Goodman didn't turn the wrong way on all of em.

just look at the difference in Love to the niners try Lance, if you had a choice who would be your backup QB?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
13 Aug 2022 07:59
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

that would have been a tough catch for anyone, bullet passes for about 5 yards have to be on target, or tipped passes are often the outcome.

and I have defended Love as much as anyone here, but he was not accurate last night, that TD pass to Davis, was way off the mark, I do agree that it's hard to know who to blame for the dumpers to the RB's, but Goodman didn't turn the wrong way on all of em.

just look at the difference in Love to the niners try Lance, if you had a choice who would be your backup QB?
Imagine the Lions and Bears starting QB situation right now. But then again their backups may be better than our backups :argue:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Aug 2022 08:11
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Imagine the Lions and Bears starting QB situation right now. But then again their backups may be better than our backups :argue:
haha, it's to early in the morning to think about anything so disappointing :lol: and our own backup is probably better then he performed last night.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I honestly think you need a refresher on the Davis INT play. It was NOT a tough pass to catch. It’s at the 2:10 mark of the attached video.

A “touch” pass would have been contested. It had zip but was wholly catchable. As I said, had Aaron Rodgers made that throw we would not be having this conversation.

Also, the Danny Davis TD (at the 5:00 mark) was thrown away from the defender where Davis could adjust and make a play. He did. It is farcical you want to relieve Tyler Davis of all fault and then give Danny Davis all the credit just to avoid giving Love any bit of love.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thats not the pass I was thinking of, I taped the game and will have to rewatch, anyway the one I'am thinking off was left flat and high and may not have been a interception, rather just a tipped and incompleted pass,

however the pass to Dan Davis was thrown inside instead of near the boundry, a long pass like that, thrown where it was is not thrown there on purpose, we where lucky it wasn't picked

and my cretic of Love is spot on, your hell bound to defend him, when many of his throws where off the mark.

you just voted for Winfree and without his excellent effort it would have been just another poor pass from Love, I'am the guy attempting to be realistic here and all you care about is defending the QB

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Amari really doesn’t look like an nfl WR to me at all. Looks short, but then too thick. Almost looks like some sort of wingback playmaker type, problem with that is he’s not fast enough to be that. He’s strange. I thought he was for real at Clemson. I appear wrong.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Amari looks faster but really only went from Slow to Adequate. 'Just nothing about his game that stands out. Guys without any special athletic quality need to make up for it with brains, and Amari doesn't really have that either.

He's a returner and a gadget guy, he's not a receiver. I wasn't overly impressed by the TD. Nice play by him, glad he made it than not, but any WR on this roster could make that play. He has to shake one guy and then had open field to the red zone with a dive.

If he was not a third-round pick, I don't think there would be much dispute that the guy is more of a PS candidate than a Top 53 player.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto