Here's Johnny!! (Faulty Niners) Preseason Wk1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
13 Aug 2022 08:03
I thought Goodson and the O-Line had nice games.

Goodson has some explosiveness in his game and showed decent vision. He’s gonna get himself killed, though, if he continues to run upright. He got leveled a couple times that were cringe worthy. The O-Line also provided some nice running lanes and the pass blocking was sufficient for a makeshift group. Clearly some good coaching going on there.

That said, my vote is going to someone who gave me a surprise: Juwann Winfree.

Winfree showed good route running, good hands, and surprising grit in battling for the contested ball. He also provided some really good blocking on some runs that sprung decent gains. Remember, Winfree isn’t exactly a giant out there but he was in there mixing it up with OLBs and DEs when the playcall demanded it and he did it well. Three-for-three when targeted and made some tough catches, too.

Juwann Winfree for me.
Based on what saw out of Juwann Winfee when I attended Training Camp 1.5 weeks ago ............... I picked Juwann Winfree. Are we finished yet?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Few other guys I noticed but I couldn’t vote for because we could only pick one player. 😜

Christ Slayton stood out to me a few times, gunna watch him closer next few games.

Isiah McDuffie I noticed in on a few plays. Would love it if he’d just take a roster spot and force Summers off roster.

Enagbare too, I don’t get the he’s undersized talk, he looked like an ideal size.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
13 Aug 2022 09:58
Few other guys I noticed but I couldn’t vote for because we could only pick one player. 😜

Christ Slayton stood out to me a few times, gunna watch him closer next few games.

Isiah McDuffie I noticed in on a few plays. Would love it if he’d just take a roster spot and force Summers off roster.
For next week versus the Saints .......... I am first in line picking Doubs. Book it please. GO PACK GO!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Aug 2022 09:58
APB wrote:
13 Aug 2022 08:03
I thought Goodson and the O-Line had nice games.

Goodson has some explosiveness in his game and showed decent vision. He’s gonna get himself killed, though, if he continues to run upright. He got leveled a couple times that were cringe worthy. The O-Line also provided some nice running lanes and the pass blocking was sufficient for a makeshift group. Clearly some good coaching going on there.

That said, my vote is going to someone who gave me a surprise: Juwann Winfree.

Winfree showed good route running, good hands, and surprising grit in battling for the contested ball. He also provided some really good blocking on some runs that sprung decent gains. Remember, Winfree isn’t exactly a giant out there but he was in there mixing it up with OLBs and DEs when the playcall demanded it and he did it well. Three-for-three when targeted and made some tough catches, too.

Juwann Winfree for me.
Based on what saw out of Juwann Winfee when I attended Training Camp 1.5 weeks ago ............... I picked Juwann Winfree. Are we finished yet?
No, it's expected that Winfree would win the reception contest, he's been a dominator whenever he's healthy, so 3 for 3 for 27 yrds is completely within the realm of his abilities, he'd need to go like 6 for 6 for a buck and change to win this over all contest :lol:

Goodson had over 60 yrds of total offense, B Baylor had 86 yrds. but did anyone even pick that virtual unknown.

the OL might not be a popular pick, but they held up well all night.

heres some stats

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametrack ... 812_GB@SF/

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

The OLine was just okay for me. They were our expected starters (until Bahk and Elgton return) and were going against SF backups. They won some battles but lost a bunch. They did good in pass protection and poor overall in run game.

Did they 'breakout'? No. They just did a little less than I expected.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'll do what everyone else does, look up game stats then make my pick

Amari Rodgers, 4 touches 90 plus yrds