Packers Roster / Way to Early 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Packers Roster / Way to Early 53

Post by BF004 »

Bold and Green = Final 53 Guess

Offense ( 27 )

QB
Aaron Rodgers - Jordan Love - Kurt Benkert

RB
Aaron Jones - AJ Dillon - Kylin Hill - Patrick Taylor - Tyler Goodson

WR1
Sammy Watkins - Romeo Doubbs - Juwann Winfree

WR2
Allan Lazard - Christian Watson - Malik Taylor - Anthony Turner

WR3
Randall Cobb - Amari Rodgers - Samori Toure

TE
Mercees Lewis - Robert Tonyan - Tyler Davis

H-Back
Josiah Daguara - Domique Dafney - Alize Mack

LT
David Bakhtiari - Yosh Nijman - Rasheed Walker

LG
Jon Runyan Jr - Cole Van Lanen

C
Josh Myers - Jake Hanson

RG
Royce Newman - Sean Rhyan - Michal Menet

RT
Elgton Jenkins - Zach Tom

Defense ( 25 )

DE
Jarran Reed - Davante Wyatt

NT
Kenny Clark - Tedarrell Slaton - Jonathan Ford

DE
Dean Lowry - Jack Heflin

LOLB
Rashan Gary - Tipa Galeai - Kingsley Enagbare - Randy Ramsey

ILB
De'Vondre Campbell - Ty Summers - Ray Wilborn

ILB
Quay Walker - Krys Barnes

ROLB
Preston Smith - Jonathan Garvin - Ladarius Hamilton

CB1
Eric Stokes - Jean-Charles Shemar - VET FA

CB2
Rasul Douglass - Kiondre Thomas - Kabion Ento

CB3
Jaire Alexander - Keisean Nixon - Raleigh Texada

FS
Darnell Savage - Shawn Davis - Innis Gaines

SS
Adrian Amos - Vernon Scott - Tariq Carpenter

Special Teams ( 3 )

K
Mason Crosby - JJ Molson - Dominik Eberle

P
Pat O'Donnell

LS
Steven Wirtel - Cameron Kaye

** Elgton Jenkins and Robert Tonyan begin year on PUP

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I think you have the OLB's ax backward, Gary is usually lined up on the right and Preston on the left, I know I'am nit picking ya :lol:

other wise I think you've got it right.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
17 May 2022 21:33
Yo Go Jack Coco!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I want Amari Rodgers to work out. But there's a nagging part of me that thinks if he shows to TC and starts muffing the ball some more on PR, that he'll be gone. To me, holding onto the ball would be a sign that he's seeing the game slow down for him. Holding onto the ball is also something that is his only job security. So, we'll see...

OW, on paper, this is a real good squad. Really good.

It's interesting how you put "vet FA" on one of the CB slots. Do you have insider info?
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I don't understand why you think that Jenkins and Tonyan will be on PUP. Either could be if they are slow in recovery but the odds of both being on PUP are very low. They were hurt in midseason, not at the end of the season like Bakh.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
20 May 2022 16:56
I don't understand why you think that Jenkins and Tonyan will be on PUP. Either could be if they are slow in recovery but the odds of both being on PUP are very low. They were hurt in midseason, not at the end of the season like Bakh.
After predicting Bakh would only miss 2ish games last year, I’ll tread lightly on this, but yes. Kylin Hill, also. Hill and Tonyan injured before November, I believe.

I definitely could see Jenkins on the PUP, but it’s not a given. With the team’s cautious approach to injuries and his happening in late November, it seems more likely than not. But not a definite by any means.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Nice article on our backup safeties here.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... a-question

Didn’t read it all yet, but want to get back into it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
23 May 2022 17:02
Nice article on our backup safeties here.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... a-question

Didn’t read it all yet, but want to get back into it.
Oh interesting! I didn't realize Sean Davis was an athletic 5th-round pick who bombed his rookie preseason with the Colts. I just thought he was a regular run-of-the-mill UDFA type we tend to find. The rest I felt like I knew. Tre Sterling is someone who really sounds like he could be something by every description of his play and production prior to his senior year wrist injury, but a 4.71 is only forgivable and manageable if there was some sort of fluke reason for it and it's an anomaly.

Vernon Scott was a late bloomer in college and then took a step backward when we got a new DC/scheme. To me that says he's someone who has trouble learning systems. If being with Barry for a second year alleviates that, he's still clearly the best option back there. But if he just can't grasp the mental side, he can't play NFL safety. I'd like to have the STs stuff be more of a tie-breaker than deciding factor if we don't bring in any veteran depth.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bump!

'Will take a crack at it later...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Looking at things as they are now...

Safety

hard to imagine Carpenter making the team. PS candidate. Gaines' injury has put a dent in his candidacy, but his ST acumen and defensive performance merited a spot. Thinking two of Gaines, Davis, and Scott make the team. Davis had the playing time edge early; Scott has it of late. That might mean Gaines is on the short end, but I really think when healthy, he merits a spot.

Corner

I think the final CB spot comes down to Ento versus Gafford, with the loser of that battle on the PS. Maybe both of them end up on the PS. Nixon and SJC seem like the 4/5 pretty cleanly at this point.

EDGE

With Ramsey getting cut, I think Hamilton and Galeai are the 4/5 at present, but there's still plenty of opportunity for someone (likely Garvin) to pass up Galeai.

Inside Linebacker

McDuffie has been noted as a rising player, which likely comes at the expense of Summers. Don't see a need for more than 4 on the 53

Offensive Line

With Jenkins back, and also assuming Bakh is back, it'll be interesting to see how many we keep. Bakh, Jenkins, JRJ, Myers are lockity-lock-locks. Newman, Yosh, Tom, Rhyan are locks. That's 8. I'm assuming Hanson and CVL are the remaining depth pieces, but Caleb Jones might get an upside spot over CVL. Walker seems like he can be an injury stash and PS guy for a year.

Tight Ends
Daffney is coming for Tyler Davis' hype and roster spot. Will he have enough time and ability to take it?

Wide Receiver

We all know how I feel about this. 7 lockish players: Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Watson, Doubs, Rodgers, Winfree. If Toure makes the team, I think it's because they either keep 8 :shock:

Running Back
I don't care? I mean, Goodson seems cool and all, but quick scatbacks are a dime a dozen and if Hill heals, he's a more complete player.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Aug 2022 14:08
Looking at things as they are now...

Safety

hard to imagine Carpenter making the team. PS candidate. Gaines' injury has put a dent in his candidacy, but his ST acumen and defensive performance merited a spot. Thinking two of Gaines, Davis, and Scott make the team. Davis had the playing time edge early; Scott has it of late. That might mean Gaines is on the short end, but I really think when healthy, he merits a spot.

Corner

I think the final CB spot comes down to Ento versus Gafford, with the loser of that battle on the PS. Maybe both of them end up on the PS. Nixon and SJC seem like the 4/5 pretty cleanly at this point.

Inside Linebacker

McDuffie has been noted as a rising player, which likely comes at the expense of Summers. Don't see a need for more than 4 on the 53
Liking this take and pulling for Kabion, Innes and Isaiah.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Forgot to mention D Line, where we basically have 5 locks in Clark, Lowry, Wyatt, Reed, and TJ Slayton. Interesting to see if Heflin and/or Chris Slaton make the squad as a 6th or if we go short on numbers there given that we'll likely rarely have more than 5 active for gameday and Heflin and Slaton might be PS-able candidates.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Aug 2022 17:23
Forgot to mention D Line, where we basically have 5 locks in Clark, Lowry, Wyatt, Reed, and TJ Slayton. Interesting to see if Heflin and/or Chris Slaton make the squad as a 6th or if we go short on numbers there given that we'll likely rarely have more than 5 active for gameday and Heflin and Slaton might be PS-able candidates.
Don't forget Jonathan Ford!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
15 Aug 2022 18:32
YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Aug 2022 17:23
Don't forget Jonathan Ford!
Ah shoot! I meant to include him. He was present in my heart and head, if not my text.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

QB 2: Rodgers Love
RB 3: Jones Dillon Goodson (Hill PUP)
TE 4: Tonyan Lewis Deguara Dafney
WR 7: Watkins Lazard Cobb Doubs Watson Rodgers Davis
OT 4: Bakhtiari Jenkins Njiman Tom
OG 3: Runyan Newman Rhyan
C 2: Myers Hanson

DL 6: Clark Slaton Lowry Reed Wyatt Heflin
EDGE 5: Gary Smith Garvin Enagbare Galeai