Training Camp 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
15 Aug 2022 15:51
ahhhh, you must have missed the memo, Amari Rodgers sucks, and probably wont even make the team :thwap:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
15 Aug 2022 18:44
ahhhh, you must have missed the memo, Amari Rodgers sucks, and probably wont even make the team
It was a little surprising to me that after a 51-yard kick return and a broken tackle, catch-and-run TD reception, people were like "yeah, but meh."

Also, on the INT where he was targeted, MLF said "two guys ran the wrong route," not that Amari ran the wrong route. I thought he was basically saying Amari was the only one running the correct route which is why Love tried to force it into coverage because no one else was where they were supposed to be. Could see that go either way. But the different film angles made it pretty clear that Rodgers' in-breaking route behind the DB was already in process before Love threw the ball.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't think he'll ever amount to anything more than a competent rotational type player but Jack Heflin is a guy I'm rooting for.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
15 Aug 2022 18:44
APB wrote:
15 Aug 2022 15:51
ahhhh, you must have missed the memo, Amari Rodgers sucks, and probably wont even make the team :thwap:
I think Amari is on the upswing. Maybe as a Desmond Howard type kick returner. We'll see. GO PACK GO!!

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Will be at the joint practices today and tomorrow at Ray Nitschke Field. These are my fav practices of camp. It's better than any preseason game. It's the starters on both teams going against each other the whole time. And they don't just run vanilla offense and defense. This is balls to the wall and pedal to the metal.

Anyone going...I suggest you get there way before the 10:30 a.m. start time. There will be 5K in the area by 10:30 a.m.

The Saints will be practicing for a while by themselves on Clarke Hinkle Field before joining the Pack on Ray Nitschke Field. You can watch the Saints in their early practice through the fences around Clarke Hinkle.
Ray-Nitschke-3.jpg
Ray-Nitschke-3.jpg (348.81 KiB) Viewed 546 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

:mrgreen:

:banana:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

FYI: I'm posting things today that jump out to me, selectively, rather than the other oft-used strategy, of posting everything (which I often have done in the past). Just the mood I'm in

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

ST tie-breaker between Gafford and K. Thomas?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sammy and Enegbare have arrived this week

Enegbare:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sounds like the Packers' O Line has improved as the day progressed.... the Saints' O Line hasn't :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Lot of tweets about today’s practice at https://twitter.com/i/lists/33786461. Too many to repost here.

Story of the day, to me, was the Packer defense was dominant. Both 1st and 2nd unit had really good day. Lots of pass rush, disciplined run defense, good LB coverage, Jaire all over Michael Thomas. Just a really good showing by the defense as a whole.

Packer offense had some nice plays. Sammy came out today, Doubs with another highlight TD but coupled with another drop. Lazard had a tough catch in traffic and another long gainer, some nice runs mixed in.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So are the Packers that good or Saints that bad?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Aug 2022 13:59
So are the Packers that good or Saints that bad?
I think the Saints are a 7th to 10th team in the conference. So that "borderline" playoff team like they were last year. Definitely enough talented players to make a few plays here and there.

But lordy our defense just sounds absolutely legit. Like 1996 Packers defense legit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Let's evaluate the available evidence:

The Packers' OLine, minus Jenkins and Bakh, has been struggling to contain the Packers' defensive line in camp.
The Packers' OLine, minus Jenkins and Bakh, held up "better than expected" by most accounts against the 49ers.
The Packers' DLine made the Saints' OLine look even worse than the Packers' OLine, minus Jenkins and Bakh, has looked in camp.

So the Packers' Offensive Line appears to be better than the Saints' and the defensive line appears to be better than both the Packers' and Saints' OLines. The 49ers game did not feature enough Defensive starters to evaluate the defense at all.

I'd say that's definitely a nice place to be, with our DLine looking legit and our weakened OLine holding up better than some other teams' OLines.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Agreed
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

When asked about the top three WRs, AR responded with Lazard, Cobb in the slot, and Watkins.

Young WRs are having troubles with drops, route depths, and route options (to be expected). I think a key to success this year on OFF is the health of our two pass catching RBs and AR's willingness to put up with a few more INTs than he normally throws (due to young WRs). If AR refuses to throw to any of the young WRs and a RB goes down then the OFF could really stagnate.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Thrilled to hear about the Defense bring consistent, if not constant, pressure. Thrilled.

Also very encouraged to hear about Enagbare flashing again today as I view OLB 3 & 4 as one of the only potential weaknesses on defense heading into the season.

However, as one who is extremely bullish on the Pack's defense, I cannot help but note that it was backup Andy Dalton out there today rather than Jameis Winston. Would have loved to see the Defense go up against the QB who threw 5 TD passes in game 1 of last season.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
16 Aug 2022 17:12
When asked about the top three WRs, AR responded with Lazard, Cobb in the slot, and Watkins.

Young WRs are having troubles with drops, route depths, and route options (to be expected). I think a key to success this year on OFF is the health of our two pass catching RBs and AR's willingness to put up with a few more INTs than he normally throws (due to young WRs). If AR refuses to throw to any of the young WRs and a RB goes down then the OFF could really stagnate.
The key to success is going to be how willing we are to deal with rookie mistakes. This staff is too scared to play young players even when they show promise. To me I would still run Lazard, Watkins, and Cobb. However, Doubs and Watson need to get opportunities.

Dillons rookie year he was underutilized. I know Williams was still here but Dillon was the clear better talent. Last season I saw no reason why TJ Slaton wasn’t getting reps on a bad run defense. I thought the team should have given McDuffie a look at ILB as well although I’m extremely high on him. I thought he was criminally under drafted. Let the young guys fail in the regular season when it matters less.
Cancelled by the forum elites.