Packers vs. Saints - Week 2 Preseason GDT - 8/19 - 7 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
19 Aug 2022 22:04

Special teams has stuff to work on, but that is what preseason is for.
Stuff to work on? How about getting a special teams coach that can count 11 men on the field. 12 men and 10 men last nite was completely unacceptable. This "Wefense" crap..I want results! Not cute nicknames Rich.

The special teams is still crap and it was glaring last nite. Someone show me the last time Rich Bisaccia had a stellar special teams unit. By stellar, I mean Top 3.

Rich's units the last 4 years:

2021- 11th
2020- 16th
2019- 25th
2018- 19th

Highest paid STs coach in the league?

Then he walks into the presser the other day saying he doesn't want to be there, and they need to "request" to talk to him. He wasn't joking.

How about start doing your job better Rich. I sure as hell hope things get a lot better fast.

I'll take 11th in the league, but last nite looked like 32nd in the league all over again.

LaFleur looked more than pissed off when asked about special teams. I hope he tells Rich that if this unit still looks anywhere close to this clown show in week one vs. Minnie: "I will fire your a$$ without hesitation." We are not doing this again.

Unacceptable!

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

PackerNation wrote:
20 Aug 2022 03:27
kampmanfan4life wrote:

Stuff to work on? How about getting a special teams coach that can count 11 men on the field. 12 men and 10 men last nite was completely unacceptable. This "Wefense" crap..I want results! Not cute nicknames Rich.

The special teams is still crap and it was glaring last nite. Someone show me the last time Rich Bisaccia had a stellar special teams unit. By stellar, I mean Top 3.

2021- 11th
2020- 16th
2019- 25th
2018- 19th

Then he walks into the presser the other day saying he doesn't want to be there, and they need to "request" to talk to him. He wasn't joking.

How about start doing your job better Rich. I sure as hell hope things get a lot better fast.

I'll take 11th in the league, but last nite looked like 32nd in the league all over again.

LaFleur looked more than pissed off when asked about special teams. I hope he tells Rich that if this unit still looks anywhere close to this clown show in week one vs. Minnie: "I will fire your a$$ without hesitation." We are not doing this again.

Unacceptable!
I agree that the special teams were anything but special. However, when a large numbers of the players on special teams won't even make the team, it's hard to determine how good or bad they will be later. Also, wrong number of players on the field is often on the players and not the coaches. Don't assume you know who to blame for this.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

williewasgreat wrote:
20 Aug 2022 04:58
PackerNation wrote:
kampmanfan4life wrote:

2021- 11th
2020- 16th
2019- 25th
2018- 19th

Unacceptable!
I agree that the special teams were anything but special. However, when a large numbers of the players on special teams won't even make the team, it's hard to determine how good or bad they will be later. Also, wrong number of players on the field is often on the players and not the coaches. Don't assume you know who to blame for this.
The special teams coordinator is responsible for having 11 men on the field for each special teams play. These are important plays. You count your players each play, or you need to burn a TO. The head coach will be unhappy about wasting TOs but you need 11 men on the field.

If he has a assistant he has count, then it still ultimately falls on Rich. I don't "assume"..I know!

And that was far from the only issue on teams last nite. I won't delve into it more with you because you want to make excuses for even that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PackerNation wrote:
20 Aug 2022 05:42
williewasgreat wrote:
20 Aug 2022 04:58
PackerNation wrote:

2021- 11th
2020- 16th
2019- 25th
2018- 19th

Unacceptable!
The special teams coordinator is responsible for having 11 men on the field for each special teams play. These are important plays. You count your players each play, or you need to burn a TO. The head coach will be unhappy about wasting TOs but you need 11 men on the field.

If he has a assistant he has count, then it still ultimately falls on Rich. I don't "assume"..I know!

And that was far from the only issue on teams last nite. I won't delve into it more with you because you want to make excuses for even that.
you dont get it, or simply refuse to accept the reality of the situation, I'am sure the later is the case, again all you come here to do is complain about &%$@ that tends to always happen in PS games because the players are raw recruits, it's why NO one here takes you seriously, and thats the main reason you bounce from forum to forum and everyone according to you is a fan boy, your not a packer fan, your a packer troll.

Willie wasn't providing you with excuses, he was providing you with realities.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

The above individual follows me around this forum and tries framing me as a "troll."

The mods can see what post here is the actual "troll" post.

If this kind of stalkerish behavior is allowed here, then that is disturbing.

You notice I do not dignify this person with replies, but something needed to be said about the harassment.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rediculous to expect Rich to have the atrocious STs fixed at this point in the preseason process. This unit was DECIMATED by incompetence. I’m talking no one on the staff including Lafleur had ANY idea what to do for STs or how to coach it. You gotta give Rich time to implement his system, coach, and transfer his knowledge. A top job of Rich should be to teach Lafleur all he knows about STs, so after Rich leaves...Lafleur has some expertise of his own. But I’m fully content with giving Rich all the way up until the playoffs to fix STs. It can be awful in the beginning, and I just want to see smart steady improvement throughout.

When a man comes out of ICU, he isn’t running marathons a week later. He goes through a rehab process and you pray he returns to health over the course of about a year. Same for the STs unit. They were a dead man. Rich can’t perform a resurrection over night. Il give him son time.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

It has been simply dreadful so far.

I will reserve some harsher judgement till regular season starts and we got a set list of players/rotations and what now. But have definitely been hoping for more at this point.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I thought Enagbare was productive last night, but unspectacular. Where the hell was Kobe Jones? These two were the talk of joint practices for two straight days.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 09:32

I will reserve some harsher judgement till regular season starts and we got a set list of players/rotations and what now. But have definitely been hoping for more at this point.
The coverage units have been bad, but are filled with guys who won't be on the 53. Otherwise Teams haven't been that bad, IMO.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:05
BF004 wrote:

The coverage units have been bad, but are filled with guys who won't be on the 53. Otherwise Teams haven't been that bad, IMO.
My hope is that we start playing to some stalemates. Over the first two weeks, the lean goes very heavy to the other sideline. That is disappointing, although maybe should not be completely unexpected. There is a lot of stink to wash off and it was probably unrealistic to expect drastic results this quickly.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

excuses, excuses, we need to fire our new ST's coach :roll:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:12
wallyuwl wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:05
BF004 wrote:

My hope is that we start playing to some stalemates. Over the first two weeks, the lean goes very heavy to the other sideline. That is disappointing, although maybe should not be completely unexpected. There is a lot of stink to wash off and it was probably unrealistic to expect drastic results this quickly.
It's so hard to tell with STs, since the coverage units that will play in regular season only become finalized essentially when first game day roster is announced. I doubt we'll see that exact group together for even one snap in the pre-season. And I don't mean this as an excuse. All I'm saying is that we really, really won't know much until the real games begin.

Otherwise we're missing our kicker, and may yet make a change at LS. So basically the only ones whom you can easily project into the regular season is the damn punter and perhaps our returners. :idn:

O'Donnell seems safe but unspectacular, which is fine. Amari seems better than last year, but certainly doesn't project to be a game-changer.

Bisaccia sure seems more knowledgeable than our previous fiascos. I don't think he can skyrocket us into a top 10 unit with the talent at hand, but I'd be fine with middle-of-the-pack, not game-losing, teams in his year 1.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

PackerNation wrote:
20 Aug 2022 06:12
The above individual follows me around this forum and tries framing me as a "troll."

The mods can see what post here is the actual "troll" post.

If this kind of stalkerish behavior is allowed here, then that is disturbing.

You notice I do not dignify this person with replies, but something needed to be said about the harassment.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Another significant development in this game is that the team is undefeated when I make the GDT.

Yall thought that the thread originally created as {Title: saents gaem, OP: discus} was stupid?! Well, actually, I was ahead of my time. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Il give the STs until week 4 before I launch a complaint about them. Resurrecting the dead is not easy. Part of the reason we were so God awful is the same reason for people to think STs should be fixed instantly...they think there is nothing to it, anyone can do it, and it’s an easier facet of football.

It’s not. It takes a 11 guys to do their jobs. Most good teams just have a coach who can coach it with passion, vigor, and focus. GB has seemed to be content with just throwing the scraps at this facet of football.

Well Rich is taking it serious. It’s just when he walked in the property had no redeeming value. It was a total mess. Roach infested, dead animals everywhere..he’s renovating the property. But it won’t be instantly fixed. The whole team is learning STs. No one knew anything about it before he showed up.

Il start to complain if we don’t see good progress after week 4. I will think we are cursed if it’s still completely broken by the playoffs. I don’t think that will be the case tho.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s just keep this on topic gang, we’ve had to send out a few pm’s, and delete several posts. Discuss topics, civilly, not posters please.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 13:04
Let’s just keep this on topic gang, we’ve had to send out a few pm’s, and delete several posts. Discuss topics, civilly, not posters please.
Thx bfer. Decorum is always key on a public sports forum. Having to send out a few scolding pm's has to be tough on u. Those moderator meetings have to be stressful. Keep up the sensoring. Doing a great job.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Realist wrote:
20 Aug 2022 14:45
BF004 wrote:
Thx bfer. Decorum is always key on a public sports forum. Having to send out a few scolding pm's has to be tough on u. Those moderator meetings have to be stressful. Keep up the sensoring. Doing a great job.
Job?... You're saying you are willing to pay us? 8-)

Wheee!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Realist wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Completely welcome to run your own forum and allow people the freedom to say any and everything they want. I believe many posters here have had brief stays on forums like that.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 15:13
Realist wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Completely welcome to run your own forum and allow people the freedom to say any and everything they want. I believe many posters here have had brief stays on forums like that.
I will bring my torch to tribal council.