The Jordan Love decision

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m happy Love gave us some reasons to feel encouraged
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

This is what a lot of us were hoping to see from Jordan Love. This was not a great game from him but it was a good game. Assuming that we see something similar from him next week, we can all feel good about the Packers having a competent backup this season who can win a couple of games if Rodgers has to miss a couple of games.

There are a lot of QB's who have been drafted in the first round who never play a game as well as Love played yesterday. He may never be another MVP like Favre and Rodgers but right now it looks like Gute was correct to have drafted him where he was drafted.

To exercise the 5th year is a no brainer now.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Some big boy throws in here.

Even the one he throws behind Amari, guessing that is near a perfect throw and Amari needs to settle or go more vertical so he doesn’t get killed there.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

His best career performance but he still has a lloooonnnggg way to go to be a decent starter (think Majik), much less the annual pro-bowler at the position Packers' fans expect.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:01
His best career performance but he still has a lloooonnnggg way to go to be a decent starter (think Majik), much less the annual pro-bowler at the position Packers' fans expect.
Yeah, but the way to get there is by playing. Last night was a big breakthrough. Not only was he productive, but it was the first time in his career that he has taken game reps in consecutive weeks. Let that set in for a minute.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 10:35
Some big boy throws in here.

Even the one he throws behind Amari, guessing that is near a perfect throw and Amari needs to settle or go not vertical so he doesn’t get killed there.

Love is improving with each game, some really nice throws with a few head scratchers thrown in for us to complain about, a great example was Doubs TD, on this clip it's obvious a yrd closer to the sideline and Doubs could have caught that flat footed.

over all it's hard to be critical, he looked poised in the pocket dealing with pressure, delivered a few pin point passes, and didn't do anything to really hurt the team, the blown pass to Dequara stood out the most to me.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:05
the blown pass to Dequara stood out the most to me.
I'm torn on that one. I thought the same thing. Just float it over the guys head and it seems like it would be an easy completion. I have seen a number of really smart people say there was just no angle to do that. You throw a lollipop over a 6'3" defender that is going to leave his feet and likely hit about 12 feet, there isn't many trajectories that are going to get that job done. I think keeping it outside and taking the incompletion and living for another down was probably the smart thing to do there even though it looked like an easy completion on the TV copy.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:09
Yoop wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:05
the blown pass to Dequara stood out the most to me.
I'm torn on that one. I thought the same thing. Just float it over the guys head and it seems like it would be an easy completion. I have seen a number of really smart people say there was just no angle to do that. You throw a lollipop over a 6'3" defender that is going to leave his feet and likely hit about 12 feet, there isn't many trajectories that are going to get that job done. I think keeping it outside and taking the incompletion and living for another down was probably the smart thing to do there even though it looked like an easy completion on the TV copy.
I didn't get that impression after watching it twice last night, but like I said that miss didn't hurt us, we kicked a FG anyway.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 09:48
Damn, this looks crazy from this angle.

This is the type of stuff I’ve been wanting to see. Types of throws, whatever they may be, that only a small handful of people on the planet can do.
Dare I say that is an Aaron Rodgers throw?!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 11:49
It is reminiscent of ARod in his younger years. If that was Davante or Jordy out there, it would've had a shot at being completed, too.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

This is the type of stuff I’ve been wanting to see. Types of throws, whatever they may be, that only a small handful of people on the planet can do.
I double dare ya :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's an Aaron Rodgers throw!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

BF004 wrote:

He's really good throwing out of a left rollout. That downfield shot that Toure dropped that was money 50 yards down the field was also from a left rollout.

This is just painful to watch

That's like 150 yards of offense and a score Davante would have had.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Checking in because I was critical of Love last week when I thought he deserved it. But I want to show up and give him credit when he has good outings too. Good game Love!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
20 Aug 2022 17:53
Checking in because I was critical of Love last week when I thought he deserved it. But I want to show up and give him credit when he has good outings too. Good game Love!
Respect

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Aug 2022 18:03
Captain_Ben wrote:
Respect
Tim Boyle is like, wait, I did the same thing against second and third stringers in preseason. Wtf?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Realist wrote:
20 Aug 2022 18:32
salmar80 wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
Respect
Tim Boyle is like, wait, I did the same thing against second and third stringers in preseason. Wtf?
At least #10 is looking better. Would be dreadful if he was tanking instead. Let's see how he does next week.

Oh ............ ignore LaFleur's comments, they're clearly politically motivated. LaCoach is saying whatever it takes to keep everything going forward toward lemonade on 9/11. I'm way more worried about the offensive line than any of the receiver or Jordan Love play.

STs and TE ........... :roll:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 20 Aug 2022 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Realist wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
Respect
IDK, those 4 throws above, esp the two throws rolling left, are the kind of throws you don't see out of 3rd stringers, or backups typically, throws like that make Sunday announcers wooooowwww when #12 does it.
Last edited by Waldo on 20 Aug 2022 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
Respect
ahhh, doubt Ol Tim could roll left, set, and fire a rocket on target 50 yrds to Toure, and if he did and Toure dropped it, well, who can even contemplate what sort of reaction T B would have had, Lovey just shines it on, Tim may have chased Toure right out of Lambeau field :lol:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
20 Aug 2022 12:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
It is reminiscent of ARod in his younger years. If that was Davante or Jordy out there, it would've had a shot at being completed, too.
James Jones would have caught that, he was good at the tough ones.