Bak off PUP & Practicing Today

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Our OC on Yosh

“He’s got all the tools and all that stuff to do that,” Stenavich said. “Your right tackle is not necessarily your run-blocking guy, and your left tackle is only the pass-pro guy. There’s good defensive ends both sides that he’s going to have to block. It’s just basically him just playing with his fundamentals on both sides, and I think when he goes to the right side, he kind of struggles with that. He just has to focus on being able to do both.”

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 356827002/

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
21 Aug 2022 14:19
Yoop wrote:
21 Aug 2022 13:43
BF004 wrote:
21 Aug 2022 13:33
We’ve never seen Yosh at RT.

I’d rather just go with the growing pains of starting Tom at RT or RG and Elgton at the other
Runyan is a LG now, you bounce OL man prior to them establishing a position there best at, and leave them there except for emergency, Jenkins we know can play either tackle position, Yosh at RT is a question mark, we'll still have the best 5 on the field minus all the musical chairs.
I don’t follow, what does anything I said have to do with Runyan?
it actually had more to do with Runyan at LG and Yosh at LT, imo that was the best side of our line last year, to me it comes down to where Elkton can help us most, imo thats RT, so it comes down to finding the best RG, I know we move players around, cross positional ol training is a necessity, injury's happen, and keeping the best 5 on the field requires it, but I think once a player establishes himself at a position which both Runyan and Njiman have, then to me it's best to let them master there position, sorry I didn't explain this earlier, I accidently clicked it when I got a phone call, if ya don't buy that, then how about.... :idn:

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
21 Aug 2022 17:09
Our OC on Yosh

“He’s got all the tools and all that stuff to do that,” Stenavich said. “Your right tackle is not necessarily your run-blocking guy, and your left tackle is only the pass-pro guy. There’s good defensive ends both sides that he’s going to have to block. It’s just basically him just playing with his fundamentals on both sides, and I think when he goes to the right side, he kind of struggles with that. He just has to focus on being able to do both.”

When asked whether he can play LT and RT

"He has all the tools and stuff to do that."

Saying he just has to focus on his fundamentals when he plays at both LT and RT isn't Steno saying he can't play RT. If you think that is what he meant then you would be wrong.

He speaks highly of Yosh at both RT and LT.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Il be optimistic. I think bahk starts week one
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Aug 2022 17:52
It's *Bakh, but yeah, I think we all are cautiously optimistic he will be able to start week 1.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
I mean he’s got three weeks right? From today. That’s plenty of ramp up time. I hope he plays a series in the final preseason game, but even if not, I see him as a likely start. Any later than this, I’m on the fence about week one, but this timing is the point I targeted to mean he likely plays.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Aug 2022 18:41
Drj820 wrote:
I mean he’s got three weeks right? From today. That’s plenty of ramp up time. I hope he plays a series in the final preseason game, but even if not, I see him as a likely start. Any later than this, I’m on the fence about week one, but this timing is the point I targeted to mean he likely plays.
You are aware the final preseason game is this Thursday?

I can promise you he won't be playing even one snap against KC Thursday.

Let's see how the knee responds after he is a full go for a few practices.

Cautiously optimistic about week 1. Saying he "likely plays" right now is basically useless.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

PackerNation wrote:
21 Aug 2022 18:02
Drj820 wrote:
It's *Bakh, but yeah, I think we all are cautiously optimistic he will be able to start week 1.
i was hoping you had blocked me like you claimed you were going to. oh well.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PackerNation wrote:
21 Aug 2022 17:41
kampmanfan4life wrote:
21 Aug 2022 17:09
Our OC on Yosh

When asked whether he can play LT and RT

"He has all the tools and stuff to do that."

Saying he just has to focus on his fundamentals when he plays at both LT and RT isn't Steno saying he can't play RT. If you think that is what he meant then you would be wrong.

He speaks highly of Yosh at both RT and LT.
no he doesn't, he's simply leaving the door open should he need to move Josh over there, everything changes going side to side, footwork, hand work, leverage, if ya move a guy like that and he does better, then that side is the side he should play, it's what I was getting at earlier with the musical chair reference, ya do that stuff with players that have so far lacked a perfect fit, or emergency to keep the 5 best on the field, other wise you set players back bouncing them to much, Josh did a very good job at LT last year, and he wont beat out Jenkins for any position, or obviously Bahk, so unless he can play RG he'll fight for the 6 or 7th rotation. :idn: rotation

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

PackerNation wrote:
21 Aug 2022 18:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Aug 2022 18:41
Drj820 wrote:
Cautiously optimistic about week 1. Saying he "likely plays" right now is basically useless.
I'll tell you what I told yoop:
YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Aug 2022 15:49
Yoop wrote:
12 Aug 2022 15:35
don't know why people make predictions now, we havn't even played a PS game yet, ya'll are just guessing, we'll keep this guy or that one, we'll keep Winfree or Toure, hell the coaches probably havn't decided that yet, little early to predict this stuff for me.
Because making predictions is fun! We’re on a football forum. Of course we know nothing; we’re all just speculating. Go big, be wrong, have fun. There’s no penalty!
You are correct, though, that I forgot the preseason game was this Thursday and not, like Saturday. So yeah, very very unlikely he plays a preseason snap.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

With all the issues Bakh has had in the last 2 years with this knee, and 3 surgeries later, I just feel like saying: "Likely he starts week 1" is almost like playing with a jinx.

I will remain cautiously optimistic until I see him practicing full go and the knee is feeling good for at least a few days in a row.

Don't be a jinx...kidding ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

PackerNation wrote:
22 Aug 2022 02:00
With all the issues Bakh has had in the last 2 years with this knee, and 3 surgeries later, I just feel like saying: "Likely he starts week 1" is almost like playing with a jinx.

I will remain cautiously optimistic until I see him practicing full go and the knee is feeling good for at least a few days in a row.

Jinx's only work with Milwaukee Brewers baseball.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

PackerNation wrote:
22 Aug 2022 02:00

I am in the same boat.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'll say this. Bakh went into a cocoon during the injury last year. He barely spoke to the media. He gave one interview with, I think, Aaron Nagler of all people.

This year, he's talking about it. This year, as soon as he's cleared, he's doing locker room interviews. This year they're holding out any timeline and expectations. Last year he had reports of fluid build-up. This year he had a new procedure that has been said out loud to have finally made him feel right.

The caution around our expectations is more cynicism and fear of disappointment if things don't go according to plan.

But the most likely scenario is that things are now going according to plan. Had there been no additional procedure this offseason and he was just still dealing with complications and impacts of the original injury/surgery, I'd totally understand it. But he went in and got things fixed and he has said it feels good, where as last year he never said it felt right.