Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Jon Gruden's time with the Raiders was a hilarious comedy of errors, but it may still get worse for that team.

UFC president Dana White did a podcast with Gronk, and claimed he’d brokered a deal for Brady and Gronk to go to the Raiders in 2020 — but Jon Gruden pulled the plug.

Tampering really doesn't get more blatant than this, and it may lead to the league docking the Raiders a pick or few. Tampering doesn't require any deals coming through, being involved is enough.

Think about it: In 2020, The Raiders could have had Brady and Gronk, AND they had 2 first rounders and overall 7 picks in first four rounds....and they passed on TB12 and went on to miss on ALL of those picks. :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
18 Aug 2022 12:37
11 penalties wow lmao, already in midseason form I see...

We Want Dallas!! We Want Dallas!!
:rodeo:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Dan Campbell is not your average coach.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
22 Aug 2022 20:05
Dan Campbell is not your average coach.

Screenshot_20220822-233146_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220822-233146_Chrome.jpg (796.7 KiB) Viewed 508 times

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

salmar80 wrote:
21 Aug 2022 06:31
Jon Gruden's time with the Raiders was a hilarious comedy of errors, but it may still get worse for that team.

UFC president Dana White did a podcast with Gronk, and claimed he’d brokered a deal for Brady and Gronk to go to the Raiders in 2020 — but Jon Gruden pulled the plug.

Tampering really doesn't get more blatant than this, and it may lead to the league docking the Raiders a pick or few. Tampering doesn't require any deals coming through, being involved is enough.

Think about it: In 2020, The Raiders could have had Brady and Gronk, AND they had 2 first rounders and overall 7 picks in first four rounds....and they passed on TB12 and went on to miss on ALL of those picks. :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am not as informed as many about league rules re: player acquisitions/trades, etc., so help me out here. Who committed the tampering? Gruden? Gronk? Hindsight is 20/20 but I actually could understand why the Raiders would pass on an aging Brady in favor of Derek Carr.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Captain_Ben wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:03
salmar80 wrote:
21 Aug 2022 06:31

I am not as informed as many about league rules re: player acquisitions/trades, etc., so help me out here. Who committed the tampering? Gruden? Gronk? Hindsight is 20/20 but I actually could understand why the Raiders would pass on an aging Brady in favor of Derek Carr.
Brady is like Chuck Norris, he doesn't age.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

You don't hear about a torn hamstring often.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

JC Tretter, another Packers 4th round OL hit and NFLPA president retires from football.

Probably could still play, but having the NFLPA prez and DeShaun Watson on the same team seems like a powderkeg...

TT made a mistake letting him walk after his rookie deal ended, tho we did have Linsley at C by that point. Coulda used him at G...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Big fight broke out at Bengals-Rams combined practice. You can see a Rams player wielding a Bengals helmet like a tomahawk, striking other players multiple times. Then Aaron Donald is shoved from the melee holding a Bengals helmet.

Judge for yourself:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Aug 2022 08:13
JC Tretter, another Packers 4th round OL hit and NFLPA president retires from football.

Probably could still play, but having the NFLPA prez and DeShaun Watson on the same team seems like a powderkeg...

TT made a mistake letting him walk after his rookie deal ended, tho we did have Linsley at C by that point. Coulda used him at G...

I was one of the bigger Tretter fans around here if I recall. Was sad to see him go. Had a damn nice career.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
25 Aug 2022 22:24
Big fight broke out at Bengals-Rams combined practice. You can see a Rams player wielding a Bengals helmet like a tomahawk, striking other players multiple times. Then Aaron Donald is shoved from the melee holding a Bengals helmet.

Judge for yourself:

Nothing will happen to him, even though it should. League doesn't interfere in preseason stuff like this.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

He should be kicked out of league.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Labrev wrote:
26 Aug 2022 00:04
He should be kicked out of league.
Who? Tretter or someone else?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Jets WR Denzel Mims has requested a trade.

One of the draft darlings of 2020, Mims has failed to emerge so far as a NFL receiver, and the Jets have a logjam at the position due to using a 1st rounder on Garrett Wilson.

I'm kinda intrigued... Mims is on a rookie contract, they can't be asking for more than a 4th rounder at this point, and if this would drop Winfree or Toure off the roster, whatever...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Aug 2022 12:46
Jets WR Denzel Mims has requested a trade.

One of the draft darlings of 2020, Mims has failed to emerge so far as a NFL receiver, and the Jets have a logjam at the position due to using a 1st rounder on Garrett Wilson.

I'm kinda intrigued... Mims is on a rookie contract, they can't be asking for more than a 4th rounder at this point, and if this would drop Winfree or Toure off the roster, whatever...
I liked him quite a bit in the draft, not really sure we have much of a need for him now, but I’d kind of like him just for the contract duration, over a guy like a Winfree.

** we’ll scrap that idea; was thinking he was drafted lasted year, and would probably cost the same as Winfree to keep for two years with Winfree getting and RFA tender. Mims maybe a little cheaper, but nearly negligible.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Don't know if I'm more impressed by the throw, the catch, or the camera angle

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Aug 2022 22:11

I actually agree with Skip Bayless on Baker. When healthy he is a slightly above average starter. A guy that can regularly get you to the playoffs. He was bad last year because he was hurt. Carolina got a great trade deal.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Aug 2022 00:31
YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Aug 2022 22:11

I actually agree with Skip Bayless on Baker. When healthy he is a slightly above average starter. A guy that can regularly get you to the playoffs. He was bad last year because he was hurt. Carolina got a great trade deal.
Bakers problem to me is he was drafted #1 overall. He’s not THAT good because he’s not that talented. He’s a try hard that is a gamer with attitude. I think if he was drafted mid first his expectations would be way different and pwlllw would appreciate him way more. I also think he’s probably average-above average when healthy, but absolutely a top 32 QB (aka a starter)
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It's been a rough day for former Packers. Adam Pankey, Devin Funchess, Josh Jackson, and Richard Rodgers all cut from their respective post-Packers team today.

In other news, Dolphins waived Sony Michel. Kind of a surprise considering the very breakable Raheem Mostert and Chase Edmunds are slotted for big workloads in the Miami run game. I guess Myles Gaskin gets another shot at completely underwhelming should Mostert and/or Edmunds get injured...again.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

So far the only cut I've seen i might want is Tony Jefferson.

Wouldn't have argued with a trade for Shenault.
RIP JustJeff