2022 WR's

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Week 1 WRs on 53

Sammy Watkins
14%
Randall Cobb
14%
Alan Lazard
14%
Christian Watson
9%
Christian Watson (on PUP)
4%
Romeo Doubs
15%
Juwann Winfree
10%
Amari Rodgers
12%
Malik Taylor
No votes
Danny Davis
1%
Ishmael Hyman
1%
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 181

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

PackerNation wrote:
22 Aug 2022 15:23
And AGAIN, you have Toure and Amari who are more valuable on STs than Winfree.
How do you define value? Just because Amari has been placed as a returner doesn't mean much when his decision making is awful and he displays no special return skills.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

PackerNation wrote:
22 Aug 2022 11:50
wallyuwl wrote:
22 Aug 2022 11:14
PackerNation wrote:
22 Aug 2022 09:43
Winfree will be on the final 69.
No he won't.
For another team to steal him off our PS(You say he will be stolen) he has to be put on there first.

So yes, he will be on the 69 one way or another. If we lose him somehow, so be it. There are ways to deter teams from stealing our practice squad players. I'm not overly concerned. You act like Winfree is the 2nd coming of James Lofton.😏
I am saying he won't make it to the practice squad to be snatched... he won't clear waivers. Unless the process has changed and PS don't need to clear waivers first.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Winfree will be on the 53. He is a better receiver and a better athlete than Rodgers. He has vastly more experience and reliability and maturity as a receiver than Toure.

Lazard, Watson, Wilkins and Dobbs are total locks.
Cobb is a near lock.
Winfree is probable.
= 6

Jones, Dillon are total locks
Goodson and Hill are probably locks although Hill might start on the PUP.
Goodson backs up Jones
The Packers need a power back, Hill or Taylor

Unless the Packers keep 7 receivers and 3 RB's. neither Toure nor Rodgers is going to make it. And Rodgers does not deserve it after he messed up so badly as a punt returner both last season and in the Saints game. He also had that big drop on a deep pass over the middle where he landed on the ball and it came out. He landed on the ball because he got tackled immediately because he had no separation because he is still slow.

Personally I think the Packers keep Goodson. He is more valuable than either Toure or Rodgers. It appears that Hill may be on PUP strictly as a way to find a 54th roster slot, he is a much better returner than Rodgers and he has real value on the 11.

So IMO, 6 WR's and 4 RB's, Either Hill or Patrick Taylor will be the 4th.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

APB wrote:
22 Aug 2022 20:52
Since Toure’s name keeps popping up:
PFF Grades

Bottom 5 offense

1. TE Tyler Davis: 25.2
2. TE Alize Mack: 39.9
3. G Sean Rhyan: 42.2
4. WR Samori Toure: 44.6
5. RB Dexter Williams: 46.5
Do you have any idea at all that special teams is why Samori Toure is in the conversation for making the 53?

I get it, you are trying HARD to prove me wrong about Samori making the team. Play that game all you want! You can post things until your fingers are blue to try and make Samori look bad. It won't change a thing on the Packers roster.

As I have said countless times, I hope both Winfree and Toure make the 53, but it is more likely that they both make the 69 with Winfree on the PS. You can disagree with that all you want.

If Winfree makes the 53...wonderful! I don't care who is right or wrong like you do. I care about the Packers having the strongest roster.

Hopefully both add to special teams this season, because it would take a ton of injuries for either to add impact on offense. They both are closer to the bottom of the WR depth chart than they are to the top, and fighting for a roster spot.

We will see what happens..

Stay tuned...
Screenshot_20220823-025352_(1).png
Screenshot_20220823-025352_(1).png (98.77 KiB) Viewed 579 times

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

Before you fall all over yourself to post the fact Samori dropped a pass in a preseason game, maybe look at the overall picture.

Toodle Loo!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

PackerNation wrote:
23 Aug 2022 03:20
I get it, you are trying HARD to prove me wrong about Samori making the team. Play that game all you want! You can post things until your fingers are blue to try and make Samori look bad. It won't change a thing on the Packers roster.
I simply quoted data pertinent to the discussion from a widely accepted source whose measure of the player you have vehemently sung praises about was shown to be lacking. No sense getting your underoos in a bunch just because I had the audacity to bring data that is counter to the hard, factual insights you gleaned while watching a practice or two.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

PackerNation wrote:
23 Aug 2022 03:23
Before you fall all over yourself to post the fact Samori dropped a pass in a preseason game, maybe look at the overall picture.

Toodle Loo!
Yes, let's broaden the picture. Special Teams. Thanks to [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] for bringing an article breaking down the special teams units who started (first rep) each of the past two preseason games. This is the source we have to work with. I'd love to see how the lineups changed throughout each game, or if they did, but what we do have is who, of the available players for preseason, lined up as special teams starters.

And if you take a good look at the punt and punt return teams, you'll notice that Toure has not been a gunner or a jammer. He was dressed, available, and played in both games. He was healthy. And he wasn't first up.

As the article mentions, several starters or other top players who sat out the preseason games have also lined up as gunners and jammers, including Stokes and Rasul, which we are discussing in the Training Camp thread.

The starting gunners and jammers in preseason have been Keishion Nixon, Shemar Jean-Charles, Kiondre Thomas, Rico Gafford, and Amari Rodgers.

That lines up well with my observations earlier in this thread that I have heard about Kiondre Thomas and Innis Gaines (who just returned to health) and Rico Gafford getting reps there. So of the guy you say is necessary as a gunner, Toure, he has not lined up there within the top 3 units. With the guys I pointed out--Thomas, Gaines, and Gafford--they HAVE lined up with the starters, with the exception of Gaines who only returned from injury yesterday.

So yes.
WR discussion: check
ST discussion: check
Facts vs. Feelings? YoHo brings the facts; PackerNation rolling with the feels.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

APB wrote:
23 Aug 2022 06:40
PackerNation wrote:
I simply quoted data pertinent to the discussion from a widely accepted source whose measure of the player you have vehemently sung praises about was shown to be lacking. No sense getting your underoos in a bunch just because I had the audacity to bring data that is counter to the hard, factual insights you gleaned while watching a practice or two.
I have absolutely nothing against you personally, I don't know you like that nor care to. It's a fan forum. Holds no more weight to me than a hand held video game.

I am indeed saying you are trying way too hard....if you don't see that your posts are more about me personally than about Samori making the team, then you are lying to yourself and everyone. Good luck with all that.

I've been at every open training camp practice. I would say I have more knowledge on the current roster than people that are basing their opinions off tweets and preseason games that have had nearly zero starters playing for the Pack. Nothing against them either, but I don't think they have any clue at all on the Packers roster. My opinion. They are entitled to their opinions of me as well, as are you. We can have discourse without full fledged personal butthurt can't we? Because I trigger some here does not make me a "troll."

The reason I bring up those 2 joint practices is because that was starters vs. starters for the 2 teams. A much better evaluating tool than a preseason game or tweets and the articles from other media.

Posting about offense when anyone with a clue knows Samori will make the roster because of special teams, really makes no sense at all.

Thanks for the PFF stuff though. I know PFF owned by Chris Collinsworth is the "bible" of those that want to try and spin debates in their favor with meaningless/cherry picked statistics. It was started for the media. Hi Skip Bayless.

Today the roster goes from 85 to 80..do we think Samori is gone? Kidding, well kinda. :argue:
Last edited by PackerNation on 23 Aug 2022 08:11, edited 3 times in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

PackerNation wrote:
23 Aug 2022 07:30
've been at every open training camp practice. I would say I have more knowledge on the current roster than YaaHoo or whatever his SN is, that is basing his opinions off tweets and preseason games that have had nearly zero starters playing for the Pack. Nothing against him either, but I don't think he has any clue at all on the Packers roster. My opinion. He is entitled to his opinion of me as well, as are you. We can have discourse without full fledged personal butthurt can't we? Because I trigger some here does not make me a "troll.
He wasn't even the gunner at those two practices, so what makes you think he's a lock for ST's?

and this argument has never been about Torie, Rodgers, Winfree etc. it's been about pecking order, and you came here demanding that we respect your knowledge of the game, which we would have happily obliged, but being equals with us was never your goal, you demanded we bow to your idiotic obsession that you new more then us, that you've forgotten more then we'll ever know, that Olave was the only WR we should have interest in.

you bounce in here, degrade everyone, leave, come back 3 months later with rinse and repeat, yet cry when your called a troll, you bring the angst upon yourself.

PFF was not started for the media either, it was started for college and NFL teams, who do you think pays for it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

PackerNation wrote:
APB wrote:
PackerNation wrote:
I have absolutely nothing against you personally, I don't know you like that nor care to. It's a fan forum. Holds no more weight to me than a hand held video game.

I am indeed saying you are trying way too hard....if you don't see that your posts are more about me personally than about Samori making the team, then you are lying to yourself and everyone. Good luck with all that.

I've been at every open training camp practice. I would say I have more knowledge on the current roster than people that are basing their opinions off tweets and preseason games that have had nearly zero starters playing for the Pack. Nothing against them either, but I don't think they have any clue at all on the Packers roster. My opinion. They are entitled to their opinions of me as well, as are you. We can have discourse without full fledged personal butthurt can't we? Because I trigger some here does not make me a "troll."

The reason I bring up those 2 joint practices is because that was starters vs. starters for the 2 teams. A much better evaluating tool than a preseason game or tweets and the articles from other media.

Posting about offense when anyone with a clue knows Samori will make the roster because of special teams, really makes no sense at all.

Thanks for the PFF stuff though. I know PFF owned by Chris Collinsworth is the "bible" of those that want to try and spin debates in their favor with meaningless/cherry picked statistics. It was started for the media. Hi Skip Bayless.

Today the roster goes from 85 to 80..do we think Samori is gone? Kidding, well kinda. :argue:
This response from you sums it up nicely. Nothing tangible, just more deflection and social interaction nonsense.

You base opinions upon a few practices you were able to personally observe while fighting large crowds, field position of the players, distractions from other fans, etc.

Others have opined based upon reports and tweets from guys like McCarron, Nagler, Herman and countless others who have the advantage of direct press access, unmitigated field view vantage point, and locker room access to coaches and players. And then there are the press conference statements directly from coaches/players themselves who give their observations on player development and progress. And let's not forget those observations based upon pre-season game action.

Those hard and fast data points are what others are basing their opinions on. But, hey, you got the feelz from peeking around someone's head 10 people deep at an open practice. Pardon the rest of us if we're not convinced.

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

APB wrote:
23 Aug 2022 09:30
PackerNation wrote:
APB wrote:

This response from you sums it up nicely. Nothing tangible, just more deflection and social interaction nonsense.

You base opinions upon a few practices you were able to personally observe while fighting large crowds, field position of the players, distractions from other fans, etc.

Others have opined based upon reports and tweets from guys like McCarron, Nagler, Herman and countless others who have the advantage of direct press access, unmitigated field view vantage point, and locker room access to coaches and players. And then there are the press conference statements directly from coaches/players themselves who give their observations on player development and progress. And let's not forget those observations based upon pre-season game action.

Those hard and fast data points are what others are basing their opinions on. But, hey, you got the feelz from peeking around someone's head 10 people deep at an open practice. Pardon the rest of us if we're not convinced.
Actually, I normally am on the Don Hutson side during practice. I don't like the bleachers side because I like to move up and down the sideline. A lot of times there are different units working at different ends of the field. Thanks for your odd fantasy about how I view practices though. I appreciate your obsession with me. My autograph sells for 29.99 on autographsale.net

I am glad you think I don't have access to those same pressers with coaches. I do not read or listen to much media though. Most of that is biased, speculation, and opinion. I trust my own eyes more than theirs.

I also have my frienship with Jon-Eric Sullivan, who to make a long story short, is Gute's right-hand man. I won't go into much detail on my personal life here, but yeah, it is not bragging to say I have direct knowledge of the situation.

Have a nice day!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

PackerNation wrote:
23 Aug 2022 10:33
APB wrote:
PackerNation wrote:

Actually, I normally am on the Don Hutson side during practice. I don't like the bleachers side because I like to move up and down the sideline. A lot of times there are different units working at different ends of the field. Thanks for your odd fantasy about how I view practices though. I appreciate your obsession with me. My autograph sells for 29.99 on autographsale.net

I am glad you think I don't have access to those same pressers with coaches. I do not read or listen to much media though. Most of that is biased, speculation, and opinion. I trust my own eyes more than theirs.

I also have my frienship with Jon-Eric Sullivan, who to make a long story short, is Gute's right-hand man. I won't go into much detail on my personal life here, but yeah, it is not bragging to say I have direct knowledge of the situation.

Have a nice day!
:rotf:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: Narcissism

PackerNation
Reactions:

Post by PackerNation »

And more projecting...

I would think mods would be above this on a site they claim to moderate.

Kind of embarrassing for the site as a whole actually.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

PackerNation wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:25
And more projecting...

I would think mods would be above this on a site they claim to moderate.

Kind of embarrassing for the site as a whole actually.
And... you are done. Have a nice life.

How's that?

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Aug 2022 10:55
PackerNation wrote:
APB wrote:

Have a nice day!
:rotf:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: Narcissism

haha, where's the meat, where's the meat, this has gone way past the beef stage, we have a 51 yr old friend of Guty's right hand man, obviously self employed who abandons that so he can be at every practice pushing people out of the way as he roams the sidelines, and there fore has incite into all particulars concerning the team..... :rotf:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

PackerNation wrote:
... My autograph sells for 29.99 on autographsale.net...
Does it come with a classy black and white headshot?

Oh, and can we get a group discount?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:28

haha, where's the meat, where's the meat, this has gone way past the beef stage, we have a 51 yr old friend of Guty's right hand man, obviously self employed who abandons that so he can be at every practice pushing people out of the way as he roams the sidelines, and there fore has incite into all particulars concerning the team..... :rotf:
This might actually be my favorite post from yoop of all time. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Who was the other dude like 8-10 years ago that claimed to have inside knowledge of the team. Name started with an A?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Aug 2022 13:25
Who was the other dude like 8-10 years ago that claimed to have inside knowledge of the team. Name started with an A?
I think it was that Acrobat guy.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Aug 2022 13:25
Sounds familiar...

Here's the thing. Back when Ron Wolf retired, he and his family moved to my hometown, Annapolis, MD. My dad and Ron Wolf developed a friendship at Navy football games. My dad suggested that I take Eliot out to lunch since he was new in town and we were the same age. We hung out a couple times when we were both in Annapolis for summer during college, and that was enough to be facebook friends and keep in touch for a while. My connections with the Wolfs and another Annapolitan--John Dorsey--led to me having a week-long "internship" at the 2005 combine, where I helped the team with various things from recording morning weigh-ins to taking lunch orders from the scouts positioned in different places around the complex to tracking down players in their downtime for "informal" interviews with position coaches.

I've written on this forum before about working with the team briefly in 2005 becaise it was a really cool experience and I gained a lot of firsthand knowledge of guys in the front office who are mostly now gone (though Gutey was there (don't remember him) and it was Jon-Eric Sullivan's first or second year with the team I think). But even then, I waited a while to talk about that because I wanted no online public information that made it appear as though my opinions were actually news or insights from the team.

My friendship with Eliot Wolf, which stuck around for a while (we had lunch together when I passed through GB in 2017, last I saw him), I never discussed openly while it was ongoing. I PMed JustJeff to reveal to him that some of the things I knew were things I knew. For whatever reason I trusted JustJeff with it, and we PMed about it from time to time. That's how I knew TT was really struggling with his mental capacity toward the end, though I didn't crow much about it. I simply agreed with people who were making such theories. But that's it.

I tell this story, even though it sounds like PackerNation is now gone, simply to say that if you're name dropping guys, it's probably bs. Because if you ACTUALLY had insights and information from team insider sources, you wouldn't be so careless to reveal not only the info, but the source. You just wouldn't. Or at least, you shouldn't.