Best ways to watch in 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Best ways to watch in 2022

Post by Scott4Pack »

Hi all.

I’m back in the US after three years overseas. Watching Packer football was really challenging from Africa. But it should be much easier now. Wife and I are sort of retired. We want our football but we are not going to spend a truckload of money on television. She is still, stubbornly, a Bronco fan. But I am faithful Green and Gold!

Has anybody here really figured out the best way to watch all of the Packer games this year? I don’t need or want Sunday Ticket at $65/month or more. I do have my VPN, so I can change my locality online to find the “local” games.

Any wisdom is appreciated, especially if it saves me doing exhaustive research. God bless the Packers and PackerNation in 2022!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I just found this web site and it seems to have a lot of great info.

https://www.comparitech.com/sports-stre ... out-cable/

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NFL+ ($29.99/year) and NFL+ Premium ($79.99/year) also look to be options, at affordable prices. The difference is that Premium allows you to replay games. All games must be the “local” market.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Isn't NFL+ a phone only option? I looked at it but want it on my tv

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NFL+ is phone or tablet only and sounds like you may not be able to cast it to your TV. Plus its only primetime games or "local" games.

Otherwise, the best way is to probably sign up for Sling or Fubo. I think they are the cheapest services that will get you local channels. But don't know how they work with assigning what your local market is. Watching both Packers and Broncos each week may be difficult without using a VPN and go around things that way.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I did the NFL+ free trial last week and was able to stream to my TV through the NFL App on Roku just fine. Not sure if regular season games will work differently than the preseason games, but it worked for me.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
23 Aug 2022 15:02
NFL+ is phone or tablet only and sounds like you may not be able to cast it to your TV. Plus its only primetime games or "local" games.

Otherwise, the best way is to probably sign up for Sling or Fubo. I think they are the cheapest services that will get you local channels. But don't know how they work with assigning what your local market is. Watching both Packers and Broncos each week may be difficult without using a VPN and go around things that way.
I’m planning to use the VPN, of course. As I’m in New Mexico, the “local” game will usually not be the Packers. I have Nord, but haven’t ever tried in the the US (yet) to stream a game.

I could likely try to do the Fubo thing with the VPN or NFL+. For a one month cost, if I can’t make the “local” game for the Pack, at least I haven’t burned too much cash. But then, I would return to the question of how to stream the Packers as the local game. (If I can make it work for the Pack, then working for the Broncos wouldn’t be any issue.)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Nflbite
Cancelled by the forum elites.