Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
25 Aug 2022 15:27
I think NCF and Eli might want to read that tweet a second time maybe.
Did someone forget Davante Adams isn't a Packer anymore? :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Oh I get it, I didn't realize the 21-100 only contained Campbell. I assumed he was on that list of 20 and we already had others 21-100.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers on Joe Rogan is interesting. 3 hours of content. I am assuming they are going to cover A LOT of ground. So far its all been about the vax. I am becoming more and more convinced Rodgers threats to retire may have been more about his behind the scenes battle with the league and how all orgs were treating the unvaxxed than it was about anything about the roster or what not.

Rodgers is an interesting guy to be sure. Hes like an enigma or something. He is great at many things, but its weird because he knows hes great at many things and has like no humility ha. Which is fine, but i do think its just a fact that winning a championship is NOT his top priority in life. I really do think he feels he has nothing left to prove in terms of rings and is happy to show off his badassery and win individual awards. Which is great for him i guess, I just wish he had that sole devotion and hunger we see in other champions like Curry, MJ, and Brady

But outside of that, Rodgers is a smooth character. Super interesting guy.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Aug 2022 20:43
Rodgers on Joe Rogan is interesting. 3 hours of content. I am assuming they are going to cover A LOT of ground. So far its all been about the vax. I am becoming more and more convinced Rodgers threats to retire may have been more about his behind the scenes battle with the league and how all orgs were treating the unvaxxed than it was about anything about the roster or what not.

Rodgers is an interesting guy to be sure. Hes like an enigma or something. He is great at many things, but its weird because he knows hes great at many things and has like no humility ha. Which is fine, but i do think its just a fact that winning a championship is NOT his top priority in life. I really do think he feels he has nothing left to prove in terms of rings and is happy to show off his badassery and win individual awards. Which is great for him i guess, I just wish he had that sole devotion and hunger we see in other champions like Curry, MJ, and Brady

If winning a championship is not his priority when employed by the Packers and working in the shadow of the Lombardi Glory in Titletown .... then tell him to get a job somewhere else. Seems like a narcissistic head case scenario to me. Now go buy your Bratkowski and Dickey jerseys.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:

I quit listening as soon as Rodgers started defending his excuse for not vaxing,

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
28 Aug 2022 09:21
Drj820 wrote:

I quit listening as soon as Rodgers started defending his excuse for not vaxing,
His points were valid IMO.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

There were all sorts of valid questions about vaxxing or not. And there were even more questions about mandates of those kinds. Give Rodgers or any other player/coach credit for questioning the issues at the time.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Not surprised lol
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

yoop wrote:I quit listening as soon as Rodgers started defending his excuse for not vaxing,

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Aug 2022 14:24
I am just gonna :censored: about yoop's latest misinformation rant.
Yup, if folks still really want to discuss the topic, there's over 200 pages on it at the Round Table. :?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Tonyan is now in full team practices. Jenkins is still in only individual drills

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Click to see 2024 and 2025. Like WTF did we do...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Aug 2022 22:17

Click to see 2024 and 2025. Like WTF did we do...
I don't see him being cut, traded or retiring so what's the issue?

Salary Cap will be jumping up every year aswell.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We need him to play for the Packers until he is 42 or we're $%@# the next season. That would be the issue.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Aug 2022 22:31
We need him to play for the Packers until he is 42 or we're $%@# the next season. That would be the issue.
Yeah it isn't pretty if he retires.

Where did Ingalls get these numbers from? I will believe him but they are different to spotrac and its weird that the deadcap is higher in 2025 than 2024 - not sure how that even makes sense.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, I am not sure he is right.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

So if Rodgers retires at the end of this year its pretty much the best result cap wise.

Could be part of the plan but strange to think he will retire that soon.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The more I look into it the more I think Ingalls is working off some bad information.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Aug 2022 22:57
The more I look into it the more I think Ingalls is working off some bad information.
I think he's got the right info. Those option triggers make for a very funky contract.

Yes, when AR retires, we'll have rough year ahead. That's the price of of going all-in with him now (and the COVID cap surprise), along with AR demanding top contract in league...