Here's Johnny!! (Sous Chief) Preseason Wk3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Aug 2022 10:00
Goddamnit, didn't see it hidden in PN's post.

ROMEO DOUBS scores a THIRD TD in a row, and the hype train goes full steam ahead!
Packfntk gets Amari Rodgers after all.

Doubs up for grabs for anyone who wants him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'll take Doubs :banana:

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Sal canella. Why not?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Abernathy

Wow actually got to the site with this POS HP. :)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Cdragon wrote:
24 Aug 2022 21:03
Abernathy

Wow actually got to the site with this POS HP. :)
Already taken
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Sammy Watkins - if he plays...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Candid eats for your consideration:

salmar80 ------------------ TE Tyler Davis
TheSkeptic --------------- QB Jordan Love
NCF ------------------------ S Micah Abernathy
APB ------------------------ QB Danny Etling
YoHoChecko -------------- WR Juwann Winfree
BF004 ---------------------- STs
Pckfn23 ------------------- RB Patrick Taylor
Packfntk ------------------ WR Amari Rodgers
go pak go ----------------- ILB Isaiah McDuffie
paco ----------------------- OLB Kingsley Enagbare
Labrev --------------------- WR Christian Watson
Crazyxxx Starxxx ------- RB Tyler Goodson
RingoCStarrQB ----------- TE Josiah Deguara
yoop ----------------------- WR Romeo Doubs
AmishFamine ------------ TE Sal Canella
Pugger -------------------- WR Sammy Fatskins.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Had Heflin been picked, he’d be my choice going away. He wasn’t. My 2nd pick would’ve been Toure. He, too, wasn’t picked.

<sigh>

Of those players eligible, I thought Rodgers, Abernathy, and Goodson all had performances worth considering. Love was there, too, until that pick at the end of the 1st half.

Since he’s been under so much fire, I’ll go Amari Rodgers. Came through with a good game whether you believe he needed it or not.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
25 Aug 2022 22:02
Had Heflin been picked, he’d be my choice going away. He wasn’t. My 2nd pick would’ve been Toure. He, too, wasn’t picked.

<sigh>

Of those players eligible, I thought Rodgers, Abernathy, and Goodson all had performances worth considering. Love was there, too, until that pick at the end of the 1st half.

Since he’s been under so much fire, I’ll go Amari Rodgers. Came through with a good game whether you believe he needed it or not.
I basically agree with all of this. My pick is Rodgers as well. But Abernathy is a close 2nd.
RIP JustJeff

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Goodson, Rodgers then Love. If Love didn't throw the pick, he would have been #1.

Goodson was doing very well against the chiefs #1 defense. He didn't have much for holes.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I still am often bothered by the voting in this contest in that it is supposed to be relative to expectations. Either you guys have really low expectations for some of you guys are you put a little too much emphasis on box score production. Not pointing at anyone in particular or even this week in particular, but just venting that opinion.

With the spirit of that in mind, I am voting for Sal Cannella. He might have only had one memorable play, but it seems like whenever I do notice him he is doing something good on the field. Anytime we see a TE break a tackle and accumulate a little RAC that is a welcomed sight. Where no one else really stood out to me, I will go with that one highlight play from a guy that could actually be a rosterable TE down the road.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

AmishMafia wrote:
26 Aug 2022 08:47
Goodson, Rodgers then Love. If Love didn't throw the pick, he would have been #1.
This for me as well. All three of these players stood out to me. Goodson had a nice run and some nice catches, Amari had some nice runs and 4/40 receiving which we really needed to see, and Love performed really well until the bad pick.

Quay was another.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This may be the only chance for Sal to vote for Sal, so I'm taking it. 8-)

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

NCF wrote:
26 Aug 2022 09:16
I still am often bothered by the voting in this contest in that it is supposed to be relative to expectations. Either you guys have really low expectations for some of you guys are you put a little too much emphasis on box score production. Not pointing at anyone in particular or even this week in particular, but just venting that opinion.

With the spirit of that in mind, I am voting for Sal Cannella. He might have only had one memorable play, but it seems like whenever I do notice him he is doing something good on the field. Anytime we see a TE break a tackle and accumulate a little RAC that is a welcomed sight. Where no one else really stood out to me, I will go with that one highlight play from a guy that could actually be a rosterable TE down the road.
I am all for it as Sal was my pick - you do make a good case.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

1) I totally get what @NCF is saying, but for me Rodgers also played above expectations: he didn't have a drop, fumble, or obvious mistake. He's my pick this week.

2) Interestingly, LaFleur said that he "wasn't unhappy" with Love's decision on the interception. I have a feeling he will change that opinion after seeing the film though.

C) Abernathy got robbed! The receiver literally pulled him away from the ball. Still a nice night with 5 tackles.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ll go with Abernathy, I think he damn near had to secure a spot on the 53, and would likely be the obvious vote if he wasn’t held.

He stuck out a few times.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I've been ragging on Rodgers for quite a bit and I thought he looked like more than a JAG for once, so... he's my pick.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto