Packers Roster / Way to Early 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Aug 2022 16:48
When are we counting the 53? Cutdown day or Cutdown day after waivers and IR 2 days later?

I really think of it as the latter, but haste to opine will incentivize reacting to the former
Haste to opine will incentivize reacting to the former. Now that's football talk. Glad the preseason is over.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Aug 2022 16:24
Not surprised about Danny Davis. I think some of this had to do with him screwing over the British Bulldogs back in '87. You just can't have someone shady enough to side with The Hart Foundation, especially when the Tag Team titles are on the line.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I kind of like this and am a bit embarrassed I didn’t think of it.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
27 Aug 2022 11:36
I kind of like this and am a bit embarrassed I didn’t think of it.

Honestly, if I were the Vikings and the Packers tried this, I'd claim the long snapper and carry an extra for three weeks just to eff with us, but I doubt anyone in the league would actually do that. It's not like we're in a division with Belichick and Mangini (they did this to each other with injured players back in the day)

But yeah, I like no long snapper more than 2 RBs. 2 RBs is the weirdest example of trending ideas in a small community. Like, Andy Herman mentioned it and within 2 weeks half of Packers Twitter had adopted it. I'm more interested in the meme-ification of the proposal than the actual proposal. Like I said, I'm more concerned with the Spetember 2 53 than the August 30 53, anyway.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I’m also just assuming Coco is not our preferred LS so for the Vikings, by all means, claim away.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I read this morning that only 2 teams are carrying 2 LS, in camp. So may not be a lot of cuts. If they wanted to work.out someone else from the street, we could have.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Ty Summers was cut today.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pretty interesting note on Leavitt who most thought was a longer-term injury.

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Aug 2022 10:49
Not surprising. If we're lucky, the Bears or Vikings will pick him up. :thwap:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Aug 2022 13:01
Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Aug 2022 10:49
Not surprising. If we're lucky, the Bears or Vikings will pick him up. :thwap:
Unfortunately for him, IMO he is done. A little sad.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sounds like Leavitt back to practice already, not sure if he will be heading to IR.

My final prediction

Offense (25)

QB: Rodgers - Love
RB: Jones - Dillon
HB: Daguara - Davis
TE: Tonyan - Lewis
WR: Watkins - Watson - Winfree
WR: Lazard - Doubs
WR: Cobb - Rodgers
LT: Bakhtiari - Nijman
LG: Runyan - Rhyan
C: Myers - Hanson
RG: Newman - Tom
RT: Jenkins - Jones

Defense (25)

LE: Lowry - Wyatt
NT: Clark - Slaton
RE: Reed - Slayton
OLB: Gary - Tipa - Enagbare
ILB: Walker - McDuffie
ILB: Campbell - Barnes
OLB: Smith - Jones
CB: Jaire - Nixon
CB: Stokes - SJC
CB: Douglas - Gafford
S: Amos - Abernathy
S: Savage - Leavitt

Special Teams (3)
K: Crosby
P: O'Donnell
LS: Coco

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I agree with BF except I am taking away an OLB and adding Davis as a Safety. He is our true #3 right now. And I don't see that changing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2022 11:54
I agree with BF except I am taking away an OLB and adding Davis as a Safety. He is our true #3 right now. And I don't see that changing.
Same, plus take away Jones at RT and add a Goodson.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Aug 2022 12:10
go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2022 11:54
Same, plus take away Jones at RT and add a Goodson.
Absolutely
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's going to be so weird when they keep like 3 (or 4) RBs and there are all these takes like "wow, surprising they did that" and anyone not mired in Packers internet is like :dunno: "huh?"

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Aug 2022 12:13
It's going to be so weird when they keep like 3 (or 4) RBs and there are all these takes like "wow, surprising they did that" and anyone not mired in Packers internet is like :dunno: "huh?"
I agree. You just CAN'T assume that Jones and Dillon never get hurt.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Aug 2022 13:06
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Aug 2022 12:13
I agree. You just CAN'T assume that Jones and Dillon never get hurt.
I think it's moreorless you have an emergency guy in Amari Rodgers, should hopefully only be a few weeks till Kylin Hill can come back.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The odds of us keeping 2 RBs on the roster was very strong going into camp. We can have 16 players on Practice Squad and have a player on the PUP. Therefore the thinking of keeping 2 or 3 RBs on the Psquad to activate for game day and/or us Amari Rodgers as an emergency RB to get us by a few quarters in not unreasoanble at all.

I feel the same way about keeping only 3 OLBs on the Active and stashing a lot of OLBs on the Practice Squad and keeping calling a new player up.

But that was all before Goodson "earned" that roster spot. Goodson did more than anyone else did in this preseason IMO. So he has to be on this team.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I never believe its good roster management to keep only 2 of what is the most injury prone position in football.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Aug 2022 13:56
I never believe its good roster management to keep only 2 of what is the most injury prone position in football.
Could not disagree more with the new PS rules. 2 is what you need. You get to 3 with call ups until Hill is ready. It’s really 3 active disguised as 2. There is nothing irresponsible or weird about it.

Read More. Post Less.