Name Your Surprise Cut

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Idk I just don’t see any surprise cuts. To me a surprise cut is like Mike Daniels or Josh Sitton getting cut. If Amari was cut I would be shocked. I think if Watkins was cut I would be very surprised. The offensive line is very deep with young talent but I expect it to shake out the way this forum has predicted.

I guess Garvin being cut would surprise me a bit considering the lack of experience behind Gary and Smitty.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Mason Crosby. Maybe we go with a younger leg to help with kickoff coverage.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
28 Aug 2022 22:00
Royce Newman :o
Yup. This would be my only real "surprise" cut at this point. Tyler Goodson is just too good to cut.

But honestly I have been very caution/borderline pessimistic about Newman his entire time. But it hurts that Jake Hanson allowed an immediate rush to Love on Thursday vs the Chiefs too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2022 11:40
Labrev wrote:
Yup. This would be my only real "surprise" cut at this point. Tyler Goodson is just too good to cut.

But honestly I have been very caution/borderline pessimistic about Newman his entire time. But it hurts that Jake Hanson allowed an immediate rush to Love on Thursday vs the Chiefs too.
No way:
He is on his rookie contract, there is no cap savings
He has the size and quickness you want
This is his sophomore year. Lots of rookies barely play and he has a full year under his belt. He made steady progress last season
There is no one to replace him with other than mid round rookies and a backup center that is a marginal guard

The most likely surprise cut is an aging veteran on a 1 year contract or the last year of his contract- someone that offers some real cap savings

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Aug 2022 14:02
go pak go wrote:
29 Aug 2022 11:40
Labrev wrote:

No way:
He is on his rookie contract, there is no cap savings
He has the size and quickness you want
This is his sophomore year. Lots of rookies barely play and he has a full year under his belt. He made steady progress last season
There is no one to replace him with other than mid round rookies and a backup center that is a marginal guard

The most likely surprise cut is an aging veteran on a 1 year contract or the last year of his contract- someone that offers some real cap savings
Agree completely. If he was an UDFA we would be praising his versatility and ability to fill in at multiple positions. You have to throw disappointment relative to draft position out the window with these decisions.

Read More. Post Less.

Arctic Pack Fan
Reactions:

Post by Arctic Pack Fan »

Surprise cut? Aaron Rodgers... because Love is the "master" of the Packer offense.
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit." - Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Arctic Pack Fan wrote:
29 Aug 2022 16:26
Surprise cut? Aaron Rodgers... because Love is the "master" of the Packer offense.
Should have been, a year ago. If they had, the Packers would be looking at 5 consecutive years of being a SB contender now. Instead if the Packers don't win it all this year, they have a problem.
2023 Free Agents
Amos
Lazard
Lowry
Tonyan
Watkins
Jenkins
Nijman
plus a bunch of marginal or ready for retirement players