Final Roster Cutdown

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I'm a little disappointed Goodson got cut, but #3 running backs are a dime-a-dozen so... meh. Taylor is very reliable if not boring.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

If we keep Ford as the 6th DL does that make it look like KC will be moving around more with TJ getting significant snaps. Would love to see TJ in the middle with KC and Reed/Lowry next to him. That will free up Gary & Preston nicely.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

packman114 wrote:
30 Aug 2022 12:35
If we keep Ford as the 6th DL does that make it look like KC will be moving around more with TJ getting significant snaps. Would love to see TJ in the middle with KC and Reed/Lowry next to him. That will free up Gary & Preston nicely.
I had heard early in camp that Clark looked like he lost weight and the plan might be to play Slayton as the NT here on out but it was from beat writers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Aug 2022 12:37
packman114 wrote:
30 Aug 2022 12:35
I had heard early in camp that Clark looked like he lost weight and the plan might be to play Slayton as the NT here on out but it was from beat writers.
That is the plan. Or at least moreso to put Clark as a 3 Tech and use Reed and Slayton as the Nose.

The benefit is Clark is awesome anywhere and we have more truer noses now to take that responsibility from Clark.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Michal Menet gone. 7 to go.
RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So is Nate Becker making the team? Haven't heard much about him. Or do we go after OJ Howard?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

packman114 wrote:
30 Aug 2022 12:50
So is Nate Becker making the team? Haven't heard much about him. Or do we go after OJ Howard?
Nope, Becker was released.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Cmon Packers. Would you just announce Hanson traded for a 1st already?
RIP JustJeff

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Yoop wrote:
30 Aug 2022 08:58
AmishMafia wrote:
30 Aug 2022 08:21
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Aug 2022 17:17

Would someone please explain why Gutey is held in such high esteem by some yet? Please ........ I beg some logic behind this situation. When did Gutey start and TT stop anyway? :clap:
Difficult to assess the quality of a GM from the metric of players still on the roster from a draft.

For 2019 we have Gary and Jenkins: both outstanding picks. Then Savage is still to be decided. Then Sternberger got hurt and washed out. The next 4, Summers, Keke, Holman, and Williams all contributed.

Now we cut Sternberger after the emergence of Tonyan. I don't care if a GM drafts, trades, or FA pickup a player - so long as they are good.

The other 4 where 5th rd or later and a gamble. Keke was looking good - still not sure what happened there but he was cut for a reason other than his play on the field.

The bottom line is the players that were cut from 2019 were cut because this is a very talented team. And don't give me that crap that Rodgers is carrying the team. He was the QB in 2017 and 2018 when we won a total of 13 games. Since Gute took over we have won 13 games in each season. This improvement is due to MLF as coach and Gutes player acquisitions.
minus Rodgers in 2017 and 18 and what would be the win loss record then? through most of the decade Rodgers did carry the team, only 2015 did we have a better then 17th ranked defense, and ST's never broke the top 20 barrier.

I don't think many feel Rodgers has carried the team these last 3 seasons, I agree, defense has been a vast improvement over that span and MLF schemes have revitalized the offense, Guty did a great job of restocking the talent on defense, but It came at the cost of bringing in better receiver talent.

look at our short comings against SF PO loss, we had two players contribute on offense, thats simply not enough, sure we can blame Rodgers for missing a wide open Lazard ( 1 for 1=6 yrds), but where where the rest of the receivers, Jones accounted for 170 yrds, Adams about 80???? sure people will say it doesn't matter, we should have been able to score at least 3 more points, fact is, we didn't, and to lay the blame on Rodgers is a lame excuse to try and defend Guty not bringing in better receiver talent.
The problem wasn't the receivers in that playoff loss. We could have had Jerry Rice and it wouldn't have mattered. There was more than 1 play where a WR was open who was not named Adams and Rodgers didn't throw him the ball. Someone did some stills from that game and it was 12 to the best of my memory. Rodgers completed some of those to Adams, but most where incomplete. Rodgers isn't perfect. Had he spread the ball around I believe we win that game.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Of these, I think a K move (either Mason stays on PUP or Ahmed cut)
Fulgham
Wilborn
Ford
an OLB (I'd maybe go Garvin)
an OL (I'd cut Caleb Jones)

Could also see a safety go and a free agent brought in. Tony Jefferson, Anthony Harris, free agent CB/S Chris Harris, Jr...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

AmishMafia wrote:
30 Aug 2022 13:17
Yoop wrote:
30 Aug 2022 08:58
AmishMafia wrote:
30 Aug 2022 08:21

Difficult to assess the quality of a GM from the metric of players still on the roster from a draft.

For 2019 we have Gary and Jenkins: both outstanding picks. Then Savage is still to be decided. Then Sternberger got hurt and washed out. The next 4, Summers, Keke, Holman, and Williams all contributed.

Now we cut Sternberger after the emergence of Tonyan. I don't care if a GM drafts, trades, or FA pickup a player - so long as they are good.

The other 4 where 5th rd or later and a gamble. Keke was looking good - still not sure what happened there but he was cut for a reason other than his play on the field.

The bottom line is the players that were cut from 2019 were cut because this is a very talented team. And don't give me that crap that Rodgers is carrying the team. He was the QB in 2017 and 2018 when we won a total of 13 games. Since Gute took over we have won 13 games in each season. This improvement is due to MLF as coach and Gutes player acquisitions.
minus Rodgers in 2017 and 18 and what would be the win loss record then? through most of the decade Rodgers did carry the team, only 2015 did we have a better then 17th ranked defense, and ST's never broke the top 20 barrier.

I don't think many feel Rodgers has carried the team these last 3 seasons, I agree, defense has been a vast improvement over that span and MLF schemes have revitalized the offense, Guty did a great job of restocking the talent on defense, but It came at the cost of bringing in better receiver talent.

look at our short comings against SF PO loss, we had two players contribute on offense, thats simply not enough, sure we can blame Rodgers for missing a wide open Lazard ( 1 for 1=6 yrds), but where where the rest of the receivers, Jones accounted for 170 yrds, Adams about 80???? sure people will say it doesn't matter, we should have been able to score at least 3 more points, fact is, we didn't, and to lay the blame on Rodgers is a lame excuse to try and defend Guty not bringing in better receiver talent.
The problem wasn't the receivers in that playoff loss. We could have had Jerry Rice and it wouldn't have mattered. There was more than 1 play where a WR was open who was not named Adams and Rodgers didn't throw him the ball. Someone did some stills from that game and it was 12 to the best of my memory. Rodgers completed some of those to Adams, but most where incomplete. Rodgers isn't perfect. Had he spread the ball around I believe we win that game.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, get that stuff out of this thread. Final cutdowns is for information in an acute period of time. Arguing about the receivers and Rodgers is for... apparently every other thread. But seriously, delete it. Make it leave. People often use this site to check news and want it easy to find and digest. Long-quoted arguments off-topic, especially in a short-term, single-serving thread like this should be cleaned up. Delete this, too.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ingalls gives me the view I'd been hoping for.

The full look at who's left right now:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Fulgham is gone.

One or two of the Edge guys are likely going to be cut.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hopefully Crosby activated, but it also could just mean they're bringing in a different K from the large group they recently auditioned.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I've very happy Rasheed is sticking around. I've got really high hopes for him. Future OL Walker, Runyan, Myers, Tom, Jenkins
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2022 14:15

Hopefully Crosby activated, but it also could just mean they're bringing in a different K from the large group they recently auditioned.
That would seem strange. He's done everything to win the job if Crosby isn't ready.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Jack Coco now the only UDFA remaining to keep up the Packers' streak of rostering at least one, not that that's super important, or even as noteworthy as the OL111 cut, but noteworthy, still

By my count we're down to 4 more moves and still no action at OLB aside from Hamilton

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2022 14:17

Jack Coco now the only UDFA remaining to keep up the Packers' streak of rostering at least one, not that that's super important, or even as noteworthy as the OL111 cut, but noteworthy, still

By my count we're down to 4 more moves and still no action at OLB aside from Hamilton
Thought I saw that coco was cut. Did I misread or did someone misreport?

Goodson the biggest surprise so far.
Last edited by AmishMafia on 30 Aug 2022 14:30, edited 1 time in total.