Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Aug 2022 15:47
Trudge wrote:
30 Aug 2022 14:57
Ruggs is still holding true, no?
Yeah. Holding true onto that soap.
soap on a rope was invented for inmates, Clint Eastwood said that in escape from Alcatraz, so it must be gospel :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Tell me all about Jaguars football in as few words as possible.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2022 12:20

They like our scraps, we like theirs.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:

What's going on with the Jags and Packers right now?

We traded CVL to them. They claimed Ty Summers.

We claimed their S/STer; we added a CB from their cuts to our PS. Just so much interaction going on between the rosters.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Aug 2022 12:49
NCF wrote:

What's going on with the Jags and Packers right now?

We traded CVL to them. They claimed Ty Summers.

We claimed their S/STer; we added a CB from their cuts to our PS. Just so much interaction going on between the rosters.
Has to be extremely weird coincidences.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

GDI.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Fine by me. He seems to be a lost cause

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2022 13:15
GDI.

Wow. At that cost, even if he’s just a gadget and return guy, he’s worth the price. I liked him coming out, but something clearly is missing. Reminds me of Jahan Dotson in many ways, but Dotson allegedly had a really nice rookie camp and Reagor has just never shown much.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:roll:

Of course he did.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m happy the Vikes are spending two draft picks, even mid/lower value picks. Maybe they’ll get some real value out of it. But I don’t fear Reagor one bit.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The Broncos extend Russell Wilson for a while...

PFT:
The Broncos and Wilson have agreed to a five-year contract extension, according to multiple reports. That’s on top of the two years he had remaining on his current deal, so he’s now under contract to the Broncos for seven more seasons.

The deal is worth $245 million, of which $165 million is guaranteed. That puts his total pay for the next seven seasons at $296 million.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
01 Sep 2022 08:03

PFT:
The Broncos and Wilson have agreed to a five-year contract extension, according to multiple reports. That’s on top of the two years he had remaining on his current deal, so he’s now under contract to the Broncos for seven more seasons.

The deal is worth $245 million, of which $165 million is guaranteed. That puts his total pay for the next seven seasons at $296 million.
Lotta money for a guy who won't win them a :lombardi:
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
01 Sep 2022 08:09
salmar80 wrote:

PFT:

I think Wilson is about to go nuts with the Broncos. Their offensive line isn’t the best but it’s better than the Seahawks who have had the worst over the course of Wilson’s career. On top of that he’s going to have Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler with a strong running game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Sep 2022 08:27
I think Wilson is about to go nuts with the Broncos. Their offensive line isn’t the best but it’s better than the Seahawks who have had the worst over the course of Wilson’s career. On top of that he’s going to have Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler with a strong running game.
...and some guys named Hackett and Outten running the show on offense.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

My guess is that Russ starts out hot...and fades down the stretch...
Broncos final 6 are:
@BAL
Chiefs
Cards
@Rams
@Chiefs
Chargers

I also think this will be a recurring theme for Wilson over the next few seasons
Hackett is a heck of a coach, but I suspect Wilson's overall decline will lead to Hackett's (early?) dismissal. Some fans are quick to blame Slippery Pete for a run-based offensive scheme or Schneider for failures on the OL. Those have some merit.

My personal opinion is that Russ has issues/limitations and those issues were too often laid at the feet of others. The comments from the Legion of Boom guys after they left were generally unfavorable when talking about Mr. Wilson. And the team that knew him best, traded him away.
Teams typically don't trade franchise QBs.
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bears Still Suck!

Just one team out of many that are not good. It helps bring perspective to how good our roster building has been the last 5 years.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Sep 2022 15:04

Bears Still Suck!

Just one team out of many that are not good. It helps bring perspective to how good our roster building has been the last 5 years.
Lol
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

PFT:

Last time I checked he has as many rings as Rodgers. And makes less.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

PFT:
What you should be looking at is Denver's defense. Will it be the same as last year? Number 3 in points (18.9 ppg) is pretty damn good.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Raptorman wrote:
01 Sep 2022 16:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:

What you should be looking at is Denver's defense. Will it be the same as last year? Number 3 in points (18.9 ppg) is pretty damn good.
Yeah they’re defense is real too. I was mainly referring to what Wilson will be directly playing with. Of course he will only lead to more points which only helps their defense.

I think the Broncos are serious contender for #1 seed in the AFC. I think the Seahawks significantly hindered Wilson throughout his career.
Cancelled by the forum elites.