Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
29 Jun 2020 07:25
Labrev wrote:
29 Jun 2020 00:15
I feel like this move merely improves the Pats from trash to mediocrity next year (but a lot more watchable than a Stidham QB'd offense, which probably makes the move well worth it for them).
Hoody will make them great with Cam, somehow. A healthy Cam is scary. That defense is scary. Just when you thought he Patriots reign was finally over.
They’ll be competitive with Cam. BB has been a run first team for a while. It will help cover up Cams lack of accuracy. They still don’t have anyone to throw to though. His weapons are worse than when he was in Carolina.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm sure signing Cam wasn't just a smoke screen to hide the others news today: that the Pats were found guilty of cheating, again, and get docked a 3rd rounder and fined 1.1M for filming the Bengals sideline...

The timing is surely just coincidence....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... g-bengals/

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Cam took less money per year than he got paid at Auburn. :lol:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Preseason cut to 2 weeks (weeks 2 and 3)

No supplemental draft

NFL could make fans sign waivers, but looks like they are trying to have fans.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packers are not staying at St. Norbert College this year either.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Packfntk wrote:
29 Jun 2020 07:25
Labrev wrote:
29 Jun 2020 00:15
I feel like this move merely improves the Pats from trash to mediocrity next year (but a lot more watchable than a Stidham QB'd offense, which probably makes the move well worth it for them).
Hoody will make them great with Cam, somehow. A healthy Cam is scary. That defense is scary. Just when you thought he Patriots reign was finally over.
Yes, I think Bill would have had them pushing for playoffs even without Cam.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Hoody is great, but I don't like the chances of Newton staying healthy for an entire season. I don't think he's had a full season since the Super Bowl run.

I saw some discussion today on who's under more pressure, Newton or Brady? The argument for Brady was that he obviously doesn't have Bill as his coach, and he's starting completely fresh. Can he still play ball or will his production take a nosedive? For Cam Newton, he's essentially playing for his career right here and out of all places he's stepping in where #12 has been for two decades. All while making very little money, from a QB of his skill (former?) level.

I think Newton has way more pressure on him that Brady does.

If we have a 2020 season, I have Buffalo winning that division. Pats will be respectable though.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Mahomes gets TEN year deal!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Packfntk wrote:
06 Jul 2020 14:47
Crazy...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
Really stupid on his part. That contract will get outdone based on the way things have been going for QBs. By the time this deal is 5 years in he will have 10 QBs being paid more than him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Jul 2020 15:15
Packfntk wrote:
Really stupid on his part. That contract will get outdone based on the way things have been going for QBs. By the time this deal is 5 years in he will have 10 QBs being paid more than him.
No way his name is going on that deal with MAJOR concessions if this accurate. Fully guaranteed? Tied to salary cap? Voidable? No way its 10 @ certain price.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
06 Jul 2020 15:19
lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Jul 2020 15:15
Packfntk wrote:
No way his name is going on that deal with MAJOR concessions if this accurate. Fully guaranteed? Tied to salary cap? Voidable? No way its 10 @ certain price.
Agree, if it is a fixed amount, going rate nowadays maybe 32 for 2020.

So just basically add up these numbers
32, 33.9, 36, 38.1, 40.4, going up roughly 6% per year.

Adds up to 421.8 million. So I’d guess around that or higher, as that is ‘only’ 35 million per over 4 which is what I think Wilson got, so many closer to around 440 if a traditional contract, which I don’t think it will be.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Cowboys should have gotten Dak's deal done earlier. He won't get Mahomes money, but whatever he was asking surely went up today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by go pak go on 06 Jul 2020 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah that Mahommes is a dummy.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We’ve been waiting for years to see a $200 million contract.

Think we have one, lol.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Holy &%$@, he's half-way to a Billionaire if he were to get every dollar (unlikely, but still)...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
06 Jul 2020 18:37
Holy &%$@, he's half-way to a Billionaire if he were to get every dollar (unlikely, but still)...
Maybe not that unlikely...

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That is a $%@# crazy contract!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

the "guarantee mechanisms" number is just silly, though. Like, sure, I bet a bunch of years of his contract become guaranteed to some degree on certain dates throughout the deal, but like "on day 3 of league year 7, year 7 salary becomes guaranteed" is not any sort of guarantee for any practical purpose.

Even so, it's silly season, funny money kind of stuff. This is minority ownership in an NFL team kinda money, and the endorsements in that time period can kick him up to majority ownership.