Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Andy Herman

"I know we’re still in the dark on exactly what it means and when they’ll play, but imagine if I told you a month ago that Bakhtiari, Jenkins, Tonyan, and Watson all made the initial active 53-man roster with no injury designation (IR, PUP, NFI, etc…).

Seems like a huge deal. "

Indeed. Things are starting to come together for team 103
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

When we gonna get the Vikings thread? I can’t make it. Made one on the old planet forum and we got our cheeks clapped.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Peter King picks the Packers to finally break through and make it to the Super Bowl this year.
Spoiler
…only to lose to Buffalo.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... t=Edge1248

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

What's the latest on Savage's health? I think he returned to practice, but is he full-go?
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Sep 2022 17:13
When we gonna get the Vikings thread? I can’t make it. Made one on the old planet forum and we got our cheeks clapped.
I made the NFCCG thread against the Bucs and then thought to redeem myself with the Divisional Round Game against the 49ers last year.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I don’t really get the Bills hype. Obviously a good team but they don’t have a run game to work with. In the playoffs teams are going to &%$@ in them when coverage tightens up and the past rush gets more time.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Sep 2022 20:56
I don’t really get the Bills hype. Obviously a good team but they don’t have a run game to work with. In the playoffs teams are going to &%$@ in them when coverage tightens up and the past rush gets more time.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
If Josh Allen continues his improvement trajectory it really won’t matter much if their RBs suck, which they don’t. Singletary is decent, Duke Johnson is really good out of the backfield, and the rookie James Cook (Dalvin’s brother) is an explosive complement. Josh Allen is also a very mobile QB and contributes to their rushing attack.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
06 Sep 2022 21:31
lupedafiasco wrote:
If Josh Allen continues his improvement trajectory it really won’t matter much if their RBs suck, which they don’t. Singletary is decent, Duke Johnson is really good out of the backfield, and the rookie James Cook (Dalvin’s brother) is an explosive complement. Josh Allen is also a very mobile QB and contributes to their rushing attack.
Like saying the Ravens suck at running the football. They don't, they just use their QB more than most teams.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I don’t think the bills will win the SB. If forced to put money on “bills or the field” I would take the field.

That said, I think the bills refusal to run in the past had more to do with their OC that is now with the Giants than anything else. I think they could run the ball if they wanted to. And I expect them to want to more this year.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
I think the team who averaged 41.5 points in the playoffs last year and drafted an RB in the 2nd should get the benefit of the doubt on the offensive end.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Sep 2022 21:49
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I don’t think the bills will win the SB. If forced to put money on “bills or the field” I would take the field.

That said, I think the bills refusal to run in the past had more to do with their OC that is now with the Giants than anything else. I think they could run the ball if they wanted to. And I expect them to want to more this year.
I think that the smart money on "(fill in the blank) or the field" would be the field.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
07 Sep 2022 22:18
This reads like a sober analysis of Watkins's own signing. :lol:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
07 Sep 2022 22:51
paco wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
07 Sep 2022 22:51
paco wrote:
or a reflection of all the jags that have made this roster the last half doz years, Watkins is under rated by most Packer fans, if he stays healthy he'll top a 1000 yrds, if he stays healthy is the question, cause he sure as hell is talented.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

At least he is cutting it...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."