Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Sept. 11th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 09:49
paco wrote:
12 Sep 2022 09:46
I think this image sums up the O-line struggles yesterday.
Yosh Nijman doesn't have a lower half body. :shock:
Ya, WTF? Did this image get doctored?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 10:14
go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:
One Packer has no torso, so, yes, doctored.
image.png
image.png (63.81 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 10:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 10:14
go pak go wrote:

One Packer has no torso, so, yes, doctored.
image.png
It actually wasn't! I caught the exact moment on the highlight:
image.png
image.png (43.14 KiB) Viewed 509 times
https://www.vikings.com/video/vikings-c ... the-fumble
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I know I'm not an expert but when I'm guessing the Packers D was trying to play like the Bills did on Thursday. Lots of zone, keep Kupp(Jefferson) in front of you and make sure tackles, get good pressure with 4 guys. Unfortunately, we don't play zone well at all and gave Jefferson way too much space. Always seemed like one guy was leaving their zone and giving him lanes. Cousins was able to get passes off before pressure got to him or was able to sidestep the pressure enough to find the open receivers. I thought we did a much better job in 2nd half.

Offensively that red zone debacle in first half was the game changer. I think even being 17-7 at the half would have been a different story. With a make shift line I thought we ran the ball well and need to get those guys 15 touches each every week. I really wish they would have put Dillon in the I-formation on 4th and goal. At least have him running with a head of steam. Plus play action works better that way.

Not hitting the panic button yet by any means.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I didn't understand the final 4th play call for us either on offense. I think it was like 4th and 1 or 4th and 2 and we come out with a 0 RB shotgun set.

Why not at least give the hint you may run the ball?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the people who clamor about Lafleur getting coach of the year looks due to his amazing record...make good points.

However,

The crowd that thinks he has his record due to Rodgers also have good points. Not many COTY candidates come out and lay eggs like Lafleur does from time to time. When its bad, its real bad. And that low floor is not a good look.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 11:43
I didn't understand the final 4th play call for us either on offense. I think it was like 4th and 1 or 4th and 2 and we come out with a 0 RB shotgun set.

Why not at least give the hint you may run the ball?
As my wife (and half the neighborhood) can attest, I mentioned the same thing. At least try something or have someone available on a short route.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 11:48
I think the people who clamor about Lafleur getting coach of the year looks due to his amazing record...make good points.

However,

The crowd that thinks he has his record due to Rodgers also have good points. Not many COTY candidates come out and lay eggs like Lafleur does from time to time. When its bad, its real bad. And that low floor is not a good look.
I don't understand the relevance of this post at all.

Aaron Rodgers has benefitted greatly working with MLF. We saw 2015 - 2018 Rodgers without MLF. It was a season of 6 losses or more each year and outside of an 8 game stretch in 2016....by and large losing football.

MLF has absolutely had a profound impact on Rodgers. Like the data isn't even close to suggest otherwise.

I agree on the bad losses and the team not having energy on certain days. I agree on not learning prior lessons. But the "riding Aaron Rodgers" as a sole argument to diminish what MLF has done when MLF has in fact revitalized Rodgers career similar to what MM did with Favre is absurd.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 11:57
Drj820 wrote:

However,

Aaron Rodgers has benefitted greatly working with MLF. We saw 2015 - 2018 Rodgers without MLF. It was a season of 6 losses or more each year and outside of an 8 game stretch in 2016....by and large losing football.

MLF has absolutely had a profound impact on Rodgers. Like the data isn't even close to suggest otherwise.

I agree on the bad losses and the team not having energy on certain days. I agree on not learning prior lessons. But the "riding Aaron Rodgers" as a sole argument to diminish what MLF has done when MLF has in fact revitalized Rodgers career similar to what MM did with Favre is absurd.
you may find it absurd, but i hear it as a reason to discredit Lafleur all the time.

My main point was this: Lafleur lays more eggs than most top coaches in the league.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:
*Tweet*
Improper shoes and socks! That's a uniform violation!

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I assume there is only anecdotal evidence to support this as opposed to actual evidence as laying an egg and top coaches is a bit subjective. It would be fun to put some numbers to this and see if it is actually true. Maybe nail down who the top coaches are and then determine if laying an egg is losing by more than a certain number of points or losing games they are favored in, or something of that nature.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think a positive about the game yesterday is the local media is really calling out Gutenkunst for not having a plan at WR and looking at his track record at building the position. This was something that was missing under TT where he wasnt held accountable for poor roster building.

I still feel yesterdays game was unwinnable without the starting OTs playing.

Another thing is I dont understand how you dont start Tom on the OL. Even with a healthy Bak and Jenkins is clear he is one of the best offensive lineman on this team. Inexcusable personnel decisions from Lafleur continue.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I thought the ST was a bright spot compared to expectations, with a pretty big caveat that it looked like inches away from O'Donnell getting the ball slapped off his foot on just about every punt. Not sure how that can continue to be such an issue, but cannot complain with the results.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Sep 2022 13:07
I think a positive about the game yesterday is the local media is really calling out Gutenkunst for not having a plan at WR and looking at his track record at building the position. This was something that was missing under TT where he wasnt held accountable for poor roster building.

I still feel yesterdays game was unwinnable without the starting OTs playing.

Another thing is I dont understand how you dont start Tom on the OL. Even with a healthy Bak and Jenkins is clear he is one of the best offensive lineman on this team. Inexcusable personnel decisions from Lafleur continue.
Exactly this. The team's decisions on the OLine have been awful the last 2 games. They are clearly NOT putting the best 5 out there. I don't know what we aren't seeing to make them think Tom is worse than Hanson, and probably Newman.

PFF, in its infinite wisdom, had Tom as the lowest ranked offensive player for the Packers. I did not see that when I watched.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
12 Sep 2022 13:10
I thought the ST was a bright spot compared to expectations, with a pretty big caveat that it looked like inches away from O'Donnell getting the ball slapped off his foot on just about every punt. Not sure how that can continue to be such an issue, but cannot complain with the results.
Agreed. Nothing great, but no major blunders either. I'm happy with that. But it does continue to perplex me that every team gets close to blocking every kick or punt against us, and we never have a guy within 5 yards of doing so. And it isn't like blocking for the returning is any better.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
12 Sep 2022 13:29
NCF wrote:
12 Sep 2022 13:10
Agreed. Nothing great, but no major blunders either. I'm happy with that. But it does continue to perplex me that every team gets close to blocking every kick or punt against us, and we never have a guy within 5 yards of doing so. And it isn't like blocking for the returning is any better.
Hey now, Barnes got pretty close, so close that the punter had to defend himself with a cleat to Barnes' shoulder ;)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 11:57
Drj820 wrote:

However,

two way street, Minus Rodgers and we wouldn't be 39-9 the last 3 years, minus Lafluer and we would see the pass routes we saw yesterday which proved to be easy to cover, we saw 5 minutes of Lafluers schemes and 55 minutes of Rodgers moronic BS, slow developing pass routes and Rodgers under pressure, it almost looked choreographed, planned.

we can blame the Tackles and OL or the young WR's but the game plan didn't help anyone, if ya know the pass rush will be heavy then use uptempo offense, when we did do that ( one drive) we scored a TD, so who do we blame? the camara's panned to a conversation between Rodgers and Lafluer after a 3 and out, and what seemed obvious is that Lafluer was not happy with Rodgers, and Rodgers being a jerk was trying to avoid even listening to his coach, Matt should have benched his ass.