Here's Johnny!! (Viqueen's Gambit) Wk1 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Quay Walker was the best player on the field today. He is the winner.

His injury status for us is huge. That dude is a player.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jarran Reed played a good game
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:10
It's weird. Individually I liked the efforts of our Dline, but collectively I didn't.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Kinda thinking Quay, he looked good, although we can't know how he will grade-out in pass coverage.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aj dillon played very good
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:27
I think Dillon had a decent game but not a performance that stands out within the metric of the “underdog” or unexpected standout play of this contest.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:27
Yeah. He really needed to find a way to get in the endzone either on his RB screen or 4th down play.

But he is a baller for sure.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:06
Quay Walker was the best player on the field today. He is the winner.

His injury status for us is huge. That dude is a player.
Still salty, but not voting for anyone that couldn’t finish the game due to injury. Week defined by unavailability.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Walker
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:15
Drj820 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 19:10
It's weird. Individually I liked the efforts of our Dline, but collectively I didn't.
Yeah, Preston and Kenny both great, Reed did well. Gary was toigh, but together not good enough.

Guess I felt like the pass rush was fine, coverage was poor.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Cdragon wrote:
06 Sep 2022 20:55
Eric Stokes
If the award goes to the worst player, I could see making Eric Sucks the pick. But not for best player.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My pick is Dillon. Played well and by far seemed to be trying the hardest. Needed way more touches (Jones too).

Honorable mention to Reed.

Walker showed some good stuff, but made mistakes as well. Going to hurt if he's out for a while.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'll throw a preliminary vote in Rudy Ford's direction: He forced several fair catches and got to the returner a lot before anyone else. Lord knows we've needed a good cover man badly. Plus he's the biggest underdog picked, and if serving as an ambassador for the STs, those teams did OK (which is a huge improvement).

But I suck at evaluating STs, and TV copy only shows so much, so will wait what the guys reviewing film say.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Quay looked really good. A few coverage issues, but overall a ton of positives. He gets my vote.

Shout out to Love. I know they had the prevent defense and the shorties were going to be open, but I still thought he was decisive and his passes were quick and crisp.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
11 Sep 2022 14:23
Candidates for your consideration:

Pckfn23 ---------------- CB Jaire Alexander
go pak go -------------- OLB Rashan Gary
BF004 ------------------ WR Sammy Watking
salmar80 --------------- K Mason Crosby
NCF --------------------- S Rudy Ford
Yoop -------------------- WR Randal Cobb
Labrev ----------------- DL Kenny Clark
YoHoChecko ---------- WR Romeo Doubs
lupedafiasco --------- RB AJ Dillon
APB -------------------- ILB Quay Walker
Drj820 ----------------- RB Aaron Jones
lulu -------------------- S Adrian Amos
Cdragon --------------- CB Eric Stokes
paco ------------------- Offensive Line
Bogey ------------------ DL Jarran Reed
TheSkeptic ------------ TE Robert Tonyan
AmishMafia ----------- S Darnell Savage
Packfntk -------------- WR Amari Rodgers
Sanelegs Starks ------ OLB Preston Smith
packman114 ---------- CB Rasul Douglas
RingoCStarrQB ------- ILB De'Vondre Campbell
lake shark ------------- WR Christian Watson
I agree not voting for Quay for only playing a few snaps, and I mean he was okay, didn't really stand out too much, rookie ILB's contribute early and given his draft slot, I'd say he met expectations, certainly didn't really exceed any.

I'm voting for AJ Dillon, the guy was a force everytime he touched the ball, seemed to be one of the few guys who played with some passion, wish he would have gotten the ball more early on.

I'd probably give Kenny Clark my runner up award.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I'm not seeing the support for Dillon this week. Jones had the more explosive plays but didn't get the touches he needed. If we're going with the spirit of Here's Johnny with unproven players who step up, then I have to give Walker the edge over Doubs. They both made mistakes but I thought they exceeded expectations and Walker's speed is impressive on the field. Everyone made mistakes yesterday so no clear cut winner in my mind. Although the case can also be made that Amari Rodgers exceed expectations but that is because we expect the worst from him.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote: I agree not voting for Quay for only playing a few snaps, and I mean he was okay, didn't really stand out too much, rookie ILB's contribute early and given his draft slot, I'd say he met expectations, certainly didn't really exceed any.

I'm voting for AJ Dillon, the guy was a force everytime he touched the ball, seemed to be one of the few guys who played with some passion, wish he would have gotten the ball more early on.
Quay Walker played 38 defensive snaps (61% of total defensive snaps) and was balls to the wall and impactful. By comparison, AJ Dillon played 31 offensive snaps (51% of total) and was also balls to the wall and impactful.

I expected it from Dillon. Walker? Yeah, to a point but when he’s the one standing out among all those highly touted veterans, I’d say he exceeded expectations.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Dillon= great game
Jones=great game

Campbell- 9 tackles
Walker 8 tackles, 7 solo, blew his coverage a couple times

my vote goes to Walker, this was just the beginning of what will be a great career

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
12 Sep 2022 14:38
BF004 wrote: I agree not voting for Quay for only playing a few snaps, and I mean he was okay, didn't really stand out too much, rookie ILB's contribute early and given his draft slot, I'd say he met expectations, certainly didn't really exceed any.

Quay Walker played 38 defensive snaps (61% of total defensive snaps) and was balls to the wall and impactful. By comparison, AJ Dillon played 31 offensive snaps (51% of total) and was also balls to the wall and impactful.

I expected it from Dillon. Walker? Yeah, to a point but when he’s the one standing out among all those highly touted veterans, I’d say he exceeded expectations.
I don't think I have ever seen a LB tackle so effectively or hang with WRs so quickly before in a Packers uniform. It was absolutely beautiful.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
12 Sep 2022 14:38

Fair point, although I think we were hoping Quay would play more and that is probably what we'd expect from Dillon, given expected snaps.

Dillon wow'ed me on a few occasions, never really got that from Quay, some nice plays, few poor plays in coverage it looked like. Impressive and hopeful for the future, guess I already have a higher bar for him than some.