Here's Johnny!! (Viqueen's Gambit) Wk1 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

BF004 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 15:32
APB wrote:
12 Sep 2022 14:38
BF004 wrote: I agree not voting for Quay for only playing a few snaps, and I mean he was okay, didn't really stand out too much, rookie ILB's contribute early and given his draft slot, I'd say he met expectations, certainly didn't really exceed any.

I'm voting for AJ Dillon, the guy was a force everytime he touched the ball, seemed to be one of the few guys who played with some passion, wish he would have gotten the ball more early on.
Quay Walker played 38 defensive snaps (61% of total defensive snaps) and was balls to the wall and impactful. By comparison, AJ Dillon played 31 offensive snaps (51% of total) and was also balls to the wall and impactful.

I expected it from Dillon. Walker? Yeah, to a point but when he’s the one standing out among all those highly touted veterans, I’d say he exceeded expectations.
Fair point, although I think we were hoping Quay would play more and that is probably what we'd expect from Dillon, given expected snaps.

Dillon wow'ed me on a few occasions, never really got that from Quay, some nice plays, few poor plays in coverage it looked like. Impressive and hopeful for the future, guess I already have a higher bar for him than some.
There were several plays where it looked like the Vikes might pick up some yards and Quay closed the distance very quickly and stopped the play before it started. Maybe he made it look easy, or so.ething. but I think he looked impressive.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This has got to be a first (for a reg season game), nobody went with Aaron Rodgers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hm... Quay Walker I guess.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I was kind of waiting around for grades from this game just to confirm what I saw. They did. Kenny Clark. Maybe it's time I move up the bar for him expectations-wise, but this is more about being the one star that approached anything near the expectations we had set for them.

A.J. Dillon would be my runner up, despite the goal line fail.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NCF wrote:
14 Sep 2022 12:33
I was kind of waiting around for grades from this game just to confirm what I saw. They did. Kenny Clark. Maybe it's time I move up the bar for him expectations-wise, but this is more about being the one star that approached anything near the expectations we had set for them.

Where are the grades for the game?
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
14 Sep 2022 12:40
NCF wrote:

Best and worst are here:
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... o-vikings/

Top 5 offense
1. TE Josiah Deguara: 79.9
2. RB A.J. Dillon: 76.7
3. LT Yosh Nijman: 71.0
4. RB Aaron Jones: 68.5
5. WR Romeo Doubs: 68.2

Top 5 defense
1. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 71.7
2. LB De’Vondre Campbell: 71.2
3. DL Kenny Clark: 70.1
4. OLB Rashan Gary: 69.9
5. CB Rasul Douglas: 69.7

Bottom 5 offense
1. OL Zach Tom: 43.2
2. RG Jake Hanson: 44.4
3. WR Christian Watson: 45.1
4. LG Jon Runyan Jr: 47.6
5. C Josh Myers: 55.7

Bottom 5 defense
1. S Adrian Amos: 28.3
2. S Darnell Savage: 29.7
3. OLB Jonathan Garvin: 43.4
4. DL Dean Lowry: 45.9
5. DL TJ Slaton: 52.4
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
14 Sep 2022 12:40
NCF wrote:

Also, here.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Kinda concerning that the OL grades out poorly again in run-blocking. Runyan with the lowest run-block score per PFF, Myers did not get any push, nay Newman, Hanson is a Center playing Guard, Nijman is an athletic pass-pro guy.

I really wish we could get just 1 guy for our OL who's there just to steamroll/bully people.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That Tom is below Hanson is an indictment of PFF grades...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Sep 2022 13:40
That Tom is below Hanson is an indictment of PFF grades...
Yeah, that made me do a double-take :messedup:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I don’t know how Dillon doesn’t win this with pretty much 4 offensive lineman either out of position or backups and still had a phenomenal day. I would vote Quay but he didn’t finish the game.

I think I’ll vote Kenny Clark. I thought he played very well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.