Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Sept. 11th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Arctic Pack Fan
Reactions:

Post by Arctic Pack Fan »

That game was a real stinker. Watson is a RECEIVER right? That play seemed to set the tone for Green Bay. Lots of mistakes, the team wasn't ready. Maybe next year play some starters in pre season. Very disappointed.
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit." - Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Arctic Pack Fan wrote:
12 Sep 2022 15:43
That game was a real stinker. Watson is a RECEIVER right? That play seemed to set the tone for Green Bay. Lots of mistakes, the team wasn't ready. Maybe next year play some starters in pre season. Very disappointed.
You are right it did seem to set the tone, and thats a problem. A screw up play one needs to be put to bed and moved on from. Show a little perseverance. This team did not do that yesterday.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If Tom would have been in for Hanson, not only might we have won, I may have voted OL in here’s Johnny, I thought all rest did really well for the most part. Quite successful running and Aaron had fair time to throw quite often.

Again, relative to the bar missing 2, then 3 starters.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers played an F game and still was honestly 3 legitimate plays away from winning the game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
12 Sep 2022 09:26
Drj820 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 09:10

If Jaire was asking for it, and he was denied...I don’t have a problem with him being candid about that. We paid him. We should have him earning his check.

As for the captain stuff, I didn’t see that...but ya...I would have him as a captain over marcedes, obviously.
I'd rather he not say stuff like this. It's a bad look having players openly questioning coaching/management in the media. While its nice to hear what players are actually thinking, I don't think there is any benefit. Starts a narrative of internal rifts which is never good. Let him express it internally all day long. But don't let the media and us run with it. We want to think everything is roses.
I understand your take completely, and I would usually fully agree if it was a lesser player. But Jaire is paid like the best corner in the league. Rodgers often works the coaches through the media. I actually think it’s so unexusable to say “we would have to change everything about our scheme up” when we have a very versatile group...that I don’t mind the call out. I kind of like it. We need better coaches if we can’t match the game Plan to whats best against our opponents, because our players can match up against opponents. Secondary supposed to be the strength

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I'm sure to many this will be a simpleton take but I have always thought zone defense to be a &%$@ concept that leads to more problems than opportunities. If it's bracketing a deep threat WR over the top with a safety, that is one thing. But it seems like players are constantly getting confused and making the wrong decisions on the field in zone schemes. Or you get matchups like Preston Smith covering Justin Jefferson. I think I'm of the belief that athletes need to be able to put their athleticism on display without overthinking. Seems like man-to-man defense is the best avenue for that to happen.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Captain_Ben wrote:
12 Sep 2022 16:26
I'm sure to many this will be a simpleton take but I have always thought zone defense to be a &%$@ concept that leads to more problems than opportunities. If it's bracketing a deep threat WR over the top with a safety, that is one thing. But it seems like players are constantly getting confused and making the wrong decisions on the field in zone schemes. Or you get matchups like Preston Smith covering Justin Jefferson. I think I'm of the belief that athletes need to be able to put their athleticism on display without overthinking. Seems like man-to-man defense is the best avenue for that to happen.
Same. Far too complicated for a lot of these guys. Honestly our defense wasn't the problem yesterday but yeah it was obvious after like 1 quarter that we should have put Jaire in man on Jefferson and moved Eric Sucks off.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’ve always thought you use zone to cover up for a lack of speed. Say you have a smart veteran that’s lost a step...let him lock down a zone. We have Tons of speed at corner. It’s actually a waste of their talents and abilities to limit them to a zone.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 11:57
Drj820 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 11:48
I think the people who clamor about Lafleur getting coach of the year looks due to his amazing record...make good points.

However,

The crowd that thinks he has his record due to Rodgers also have good points. Not many COTY candidates come out and lay eggs like Lafleur does from time to time. When its bad, its real bad. And that low floor is not a good look.
I don't understand the relevance of this post at all.

Aaron Rodgers has benefitted greatly working with MLF. We saw 2015 - 2018 Rodgers without MLF. It was a season of 6 losses or more each year and outside of an 8 game stretch in 2016....by and large losing football.

MLF has absolutely had a profound impact on Rodgers. Like the data isn't even close to suggest otherwise.

I agree on the bad losses and the team not having energy on certain days. I agree on not learning prior lessons. But the "riding Aaron Rodgers" as a sole argument to diminish what MLF has done when MLF has in fact revitalized Rodgers career similar to what MM did with Favre is absurd.
So, he gets "QB coach of the year"? Fine. Head coach...?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Obviously saying "go man" or "go zone" is overly simplistic. Man beaters will eat up man coverage instantly. They are not hard to do.

However, when you have a WR that is really good, there is nothing wrong shifting attention to that one guy to make sure you don't beat because of a coverage mismatch. Jefferson had only one real catch against a CB. All others were on ILBs, S, OLB's, etc.

It shouldn't have been that hard to ensure a CB travels with their best player...even if he does motion to a slot role.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Arctic Pack Fan wrote:
Besides playing in preseason, maybe don't draft a WR that couldn't focus enough to catch the ball (eg, too many drops) at a FCS school.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Sep 2022 17:48
Arctic Pack Fan wrote:
Besides playing in preseason, maybe don't draft a WR that couldn't focus enough to catch the ball (eg, too many drops) at a FCS school.
I dont have a problem with the Watson pick. He has a ton of potential just on his size and speed. It was a reach IMO and I think Pickens was just a much better player but still I think Watson will have a good career and be a better version of Mike Williams on our offense.

The issue I have is what has happened the last few seasons. The Packers didnt lock up Adams and they didnt have a player ready to replace him. That is poor planning and roster building. If its the GMs job to worry about the future Gutenbumst has done an absolutely atrocious job at WR. All 3 failed from the 2018 class and Amari Rodgers who we moved up for is so far down on the depth chart practice squad players are getting receiver reps over him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Sep 2022 17:56
wallyuwl wrote:
Arctic Pack Fan wrote:
I dont have a problem with the Watson pick. He has a ton of potential just on his size and speed. It was a reach IMO and I think Pickens was just a much better player but still I think Watson will have a good career and be a better version of Mike Williams on our offense.

The issue I have is what has happened the last few seasons. The Packers didnt lock up Adams and they didnt have a player ready to replace him. That is poor planning and roster building. If its the GMs job to worry about the future Gutenbumst has done an absolutely atrocious job at WR. All 3 failed from the 2018 class and Amari Rodgers who we moved up for is so far down on the depth chart practice squad players are getting receiver reps over him.
I also thought Pickens would have been the better pick.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 16:03
The Packers played an F game and still was honestly 3 legitimate plays away from winning the game.
You do realize that all games are decided on about 6 plays total? Everything else is just filler. You can change 3 plays in almost any game and make the outcome different.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Sep 2022 18:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

I also thought Pickens would have been the better pick.
The problem with Pickens was not his play, but his attitude. Steelers got some good play from Antonio Brown before the cheese slipped off the cracker, maybe they will get similar from Pickens.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Raptorman wrote:
12 Sep 2022 18:05
go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2022 16:03
You do realize that all games are decided on about 6 plays total? Everything else is just filler. You can change 3 plays in almost any game and make the outcome different.
True. But I do wonder if Watson catches that ball on the 1st play for a 75 yd TD if that changes the whole complexion of the game. Some momentum. Some energy and excitement. It would be deflating to the Vikings as well.

But congrats on your big win. The Vikings are a lot better than I gave them credit for.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

lupedafiasco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Arctic Pack Fan wrote:

I agree, Gutey could have done a better job, however they thought they could resign Adams. Maybe Gutey could have done a better job in free agency. It looks like this year he drafted some pretty good WRs….and the year isn’t done yet. They may start producing more as each game goes on. Also getting Lazard back will help all the other WRs.
Love is the answer…

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 10:37
salmar80 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 10:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2022 10:14

Ya, WTF? Did this image get doctored?
One Packer has no torso, so, yes, doctored.
image.png
It actually wasn't! I caught the exact moment on the highlight:
image.png
https://www.vikings.com/video/vikings-c ... the-fumble
I believe this is the play Z was unblocked and hit Dillon before he could get his feet set. Both lineman turned around when Z got passed them and ran into each other. :messedup: :roll:
Love is the answer…