Bears @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 18th , 7:20 PM CT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Raptorman wrote:
17 Sep 2022 14:20
BF004 wrote:
16 Sep 2022 22:05
Raptorman wrote:
16 Sep 2022 19:33

Wasn't that supposed to be the margin in the Vikings game?

Edit: Actually, I was wrong. Here it was 25-13. Only a 12-point spread. ;)
I’ll give you some credit, you waited a long time to chime in when you could have had yourself a handsome week after your sb victory.

But this is pretty much out of context and inaccurate. You specifically quoted me, but if you’d check the GDT, after Bak and Jenkins were both ruled out, I called it a coin flip game. You know, a 0 point spread.

Even then, this is a packers forum, we make fun predictions, never too seriously, but go for it if you need, this will be the peak of your season. ;)
The season is young. Don't count your chickens until the eggs are laid. And you have never paid attention. I have never gloated over a victory here.
IMO, you are welcome here. And it is not to the advantage of anyone in the NFC North to have 1 good team and 3 weaklings. The Packers performance or lack thereof in the playoffs in part can be attributed to a weak NFC north and not enough experience against tough teams. Tough games against tough opponents make tough teams.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TB4 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 02:00
Yoop wrote:
17 Sep 2022 11:02
wallyuwl wrote:
17 Sep 2022 09:40
I said in January he was done...

you guessed in January that Bakh might be all done and now it's looks like it might be true, who brags about &%$@ like this?

the " I told you so crowd" is chomping at the bit to complain about something

In that video, he is limping on his right leg, which isnt the same leg. He tore his ACL on his left knee.
None of that now, it’s more fun to take a video without context and force it to support our concluded views already.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TB4 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 02:00
Yoop wrote:
17 Sep 2022 11:02
wallyuwl wrote:
17 Sep 2022 09:40
I said in January he was done...

you guessed in January that Bakh might be all done and now it's looks like it might be true, who brags about &%$@ like this?

the " I told you so crowd" is chomping at the bit to complain about something

In that video, he is limping on his right leg, which isnt the same leg. He tore his ACL on his left knee.
Bravo!! :clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Schefter says Lazard is going tonight!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Potential bad omen. My waitress this morning in Green Bay is wearing a Cutler jersey. Could be a good omen as well. :beer2:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
18 Sep 2022 04:39
Raptorman wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I’ll give you some credit, you waited a long time to chime in when you could have had yourself a handsome week after your sb victory.

But this is pretty much out of context and inaccurate. You specifically quoted me, but if you’d check the GDT, after Bak and Jenkins were both ruled out, I called it a coin flip game. You know, a 0 point spread.

Even then, this is a packers forum, we make fun predictions, never too seriously, but go for it if you need, this will be the peak of your season. ;)
The season is young. Don't count your chickens until the eggs are laid. And you have never paid attention. I have never gloated over a victory here.
IMO, you are welcome here. And it is not to the advantage of anyone in the NFC North to have 1 good team and 3 weaklings. The Packers performance or lack thereof in the playoffs in part can be attributed to a weak NFC north and not enough experience against tough teams. Tough games against tough opponents make tough teams.
Raptor I agree that you have never been an obnoxious fan on here when the Vikings win. You always contribute well in my opinion. But don't be afraid to gloat when you can because we all know it's just a fleeting experience for you! :lol:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I know it used to kill NE playing in a weak division. That is probably the weakest excuse ever I have seen here. I hope somehow you were being sarcastic.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Has nothing to do with the teams in the division and everything to do with the defense of your team. Fun fact Kirk Cousin has an 80% win percentage when his defense gives up 18 points or less. Aaron Rodgers has an 82% win percentage when his defense gives up 18 points or less. Go back and look at when the Packers won their last two Super Bowls and tell me what they had in common. No go back and look at New England the last 20 years and tell me what they have in common with those two Packer SB years. I don’t care how good your QB is, if he doesn’t have a good defense, you ain’t winning the Super Bowl.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers are at home and clearly have the better roster. We get back on track tonight.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Raptorman wrote:
18 Sep 2022 11:13
TheSkeptic wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Has nothing to do with the teams in the division and everything to do with the defense of your team.
Fun fact Kirk Cousin has an 80% win percentage when his defense gives up 18 points or less. Aaron Rodgers has an 82% win percentage when his defense gives up 18 points or less. Go back and look at when the Packers won their last two Super Bowls and tell me what they had in common. No go back and look at New England the last 20 years and tell me what they have in common with those two Packer SB years. I don’t care how good your QB is, if he doesn’t have a good defense, you ain’t winning the Super Bowl.
I neither like nor respect anything having to do with the Vikings' organization, so it pains me to say that this is one of the most insightful posts about the plight of the Packers over the past decade that I have ever read.

The notion that the weakness of the 3 other NFC North teams has somehow prevented the Pack from getting to Super Bowls is belied by direct evidence to the contrary -- the success of the New England Patriots while playing in the (formerly) punchless AFC East.

And the success in New England and just about every other Super Bowl winner this past decade has been accomplished by having top 10 scoring defenses, so I completely agree with Raptorman on that point as well.

Excellent post.

Now Fly Eagles Fly. I plan to re-watch the thrilling 2017 NFC Championship contest before tomorrow night's MNF game.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 11:39
Packers are at home and clearly have the better roster. We get back on track tonight.
We better get. Next week @TB. If we lose tonight we might go 0-3 and that would look scary. So tonight‘s game is more important than game #2 of the reg. season indicates.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

So, FF in the way for this game.

I have Dillion and Montgomery. Thinking about switching out Montgomery for Christian Watson so I don't feel anything positive for Montgomery....
Last edited by Ghost_Lombardi on 18 Sep 2022 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

inactive

WR Samori Toure
T David Bakhtiari (knee)
T Caleb Jones
G Sean Rhyan
DL Jonathan Ford
S Tariq Carpenter

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

welcome back Jenkins!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

It'll be nice to see Jenkins out there :banana:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

So, do we have a betting pool on whether or not Bak ever plays meaningful football again?

His contract is killing us for a guy who looks like he'll never play again.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
18 Sep 2022 19:10
So, do we have a betting pool on whether or not Bak ever plays meaningful football again?

His contract is killing us for a guy who looks like he'll never play again.
It's a catch 22. He will play but it won't be meaningful football.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Time to blow out the bares! :beer2: :banana: :woohoo:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Coaches must hate Tom