Bears @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 18th , 7:20 PM CT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Sep 2022 14:58
Drj820 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 22:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 22:06
Fields is a decent runner, but man is he not a good QB.

Lol
In light of what you and Wally said this past week, I made a point to watch Fields last night. While I didn't see anything that made me think he's good, I will say that that offensive line did not do him any favors. He was under pressure for what seemed like the whole game. So the jury is still out, in my mind, about Fields.
Yeah, I think those who were touting Fields this past week as a formidable QB to be reckoned with might wanna keep their day jobs. Fields is super athletic and occasionally can make a QB "wow" play but he's far from being anything resembling a top QB to be feared. He showed that, again, last night.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
19 Sep 2022 15:11
Captain_Ben wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Lol
In light of what you and Wally said this past week, I made a point to watch Fields last night. While I didn't see anything that made me think he's good, I will say that that offensive line did not do him any favors. He was under pressure for what seemed like the whole game. So the jury is still out, in my mind, about Fields.
Yeah, I think those who were touting Fields this past week as a formidable QB to be reckoned with might wanna keep their day jobs. Fields is super athletic and occasionally can make a QB "wow" play but he's far from being anything resembling a top QB to be feared. He showed that, again, last night.
Fields is another example of a rookie QB being rushed into action prior to the speed of the game slowing down, Fields issues are magnified because of a poor OL.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
19 Sep 2022 15:59
APB wrote:
19 Sep 2022 15:11
Captain_Ben wrote:

Fields is another example of a rookie QB being rushed into action prior to the speed of the game slowing down, Fields issues are magnified because of a poor OL.
All true but the fact remains Fields is far from being a feared QB in this league.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2022 22:06
Fields is a decent runner, but man is he not a good QB.

Lol
Totally fair. Also gotta remember equanamous st brown is like one of his top weapons
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Leavitt was great on 'teams, well worth the roster spot.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Yep, it looks like special teams have been shored up a bit. Amari still fumbled although he did a nice job of catching it on the bounce.

Elgin Jenkins looks like he is back to stay.

It was nice to see Tonyan out there again. He was open for a first down near the end of the game. Rodgers was looking right at him. Not sure why he didn’t pull the trigger.

Doubs made a nice catch and run.

Great play action pass to Watkins. Good call by LaFleur.

Rasul made some good tackles. Stokes needs to learn how to tackle better.

Preston Smith with 2 sacks…Za’Darius who?

The Packers allowed a lot of rushing yards when most teams would be passing. But Fields is such a bad QB, they decided to stick with the run and it almost worked. The Bears will draft a QB next year.

Jaire!
Love is the answer…

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Biggest concern about the defense so far is tackling. They have a lot of missed tackles, so that needs to shore up a bit. Otherwise after giving up that TD on the first drive where their biggest play was a trick play, I was happy with the effort. The true test will be how they fair against better offenses, and so far they're 0-1 in that category.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Sep 2022 17:13
Captain_Ben wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Lol
Totally fair. Also gotta remember equanamous st brown is like one of his top weapons
While I still don't have much faith in Fields, the coaching staff didn't help him either. They had a very good running game and didn't use their passing game in coordination with their rushing attack.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Fields with a 3.6 and then 3.4 second time to throw the last 2 weeks. VERY slow in getting the ball out. Could be scheme, but also could be that he is slow in his progressions.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Loved watching the win. The team looked excellent basically from after their first defensive possession through the end of the game with the exception of 3-4 run plays in a row in the second half, but they amended with a nice 4th down stop.

That's 3 4th & goals from inside the 2 yardline. in two games. We allowed one on defense, stopped one on defense, and failed to get one on offense.

The run D had some lapses in both games. Campbell, himself, missed like 3 tackles in the second half, and David Montgomery is fine but he isn't the kind of player that should challenge that way.

We may luck out next week with the Evans suspension and the health questions of the other receivers, but hopefully we see a lot more coaching like week 2 rather than like week 1. Glad to hear Rodgers and Jaire's displeasure with how their units have played early. Good leadership will push us further together.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2022 10:40
Fields with a 3.6 and then 3.4 second time to throw the last 2 weeks. VERY slow in getting the ball out. Could be scheme, but also could be that he is slow in his progressions.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Check out Reed #90 on that 4th and Goal:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2022 15:46
Yeah this confirms my impression of Fields. He's clearly got nice tools and his poor play reflects Chicago's inability to refine his game or provide talent at skill positions that will help him, and in different circumstances, he may be a player.

But his poor play also reflects that he's just not good as a passer right now and he doesn't have "it." Josh Allen on a Bills team without quality coaching or receivers still made WOW plays his first two years to show he has it. Trevor Lawrence as well on the dumpster fire Jags under Meyer. Inconsistent, but you saw they had it.

Justin Fields doesn't have it right now. He can't string together plays and drive down the field at all without lots of heavy lifting from those around him or well-designed plays. Not with his arm, at any rate. I do believe he could develop into that guy, but I highly doubt Chicago is the right team for the job.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Sep 2022 19:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yeah this confirms my impression of Fields. He's clearly got nice tools and his poor play reflects Chicago's inability to refine his game or provide talent at skill positions that will help him, and in different circumstances, he may be a player.

But his poor play also reflects that he's just not good as a passer right now and he doesn't have "it." Josh Allen on a Bills team without quality coaching or receivers still made WOW plays his first two years to show he has it. Trevor Lawrence as well on the dumpster fire Jags under Meyer. Inconsistent, but you saw they had it.

Justin Fields doesn't have it right now. He can't string together plays and drive down the field at all without lots of heavy lifting from those around him or well-designed plays. Not with his arm, at any rate. I do believe he could develop into that guy, but I highly doubt Chicago is the right team for the job.
Poor man's Lamar Jackson at best in my opinion.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

I’ve always liked Mike Tirico and usually don’t like Collinsworth snide remarks about the Packers. But surprisingly I really enjoyed enjoyed his commentary Sunday.
Love is the answer…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Sep 2022 19:46
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yeah, he could obviously do better with a better team, but he also just isn’t good. Honestly Jordan Love has showed much more to give reason for hope.

But combination of Bares and 4th playbook in 4 years I believe, never a winning strategy. Can never tell if that’s a chicken or the egg argument. But rookie QBs who cycle through coaches/playbooks never do well, but it could be those QBs are partly the reason they keep getting coaches fired.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

What I’ve seen from Fields is that he’s never developed putting balls in tight windows. Instead of trusting his arm he will default to his legs and it’s hurt his accuracy.

I see this from tons of athletic QBs. Very few have developed the accuracy. Typically when they do work out they were very good baseball players as well like Wilson and Murray.
Cancelled by the forum elites.