Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

His status for Sunday should be decided very soon.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
20 Sep 2022 13:01
His status for Sunday should be decided very soon.

I think the appeal will hold up; the only reason they even got an expedited appeal is because JRJ's dad decided it the first time, which honestly should have been avoided.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Sep 2022 14:04
JRJ's dad decided it the first time, which honestly should have been avoided.
Good God, the NFL really doesn't think these things through sometimes.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here, this says this better than I could:

"It’s always important to be aware of the various relationships that can affect the independence of a given decision-maker. As it relates to the one-game suspension imposed on Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans, some have pointed to a pair of potential conflicts of interest.

First, some have suggested that Jon Runyan, the NFL’s V.P. of policy and rules administration, should have recused himself from deciding the issue because his son plays for the Packers, who are the next opponent of the Buccaneers. If the Bucs don’t have Evans, it obviously become easier for Green Bay to win.

This assumes that Runyan makes the call without input. Per the league, Runyan consults with others in the decision-making process. It also overlooks the fact that Runyan’s decision is subject to appeal.

The appeal is handled by a hearing officer jointly appointed and paid by the league and the NFL Players Association. Currently, the two options are Derrick Brooks and James Thrash.

That leads to the second point. Some claim that Brook has recused himself due to his longstanding relationship with the Buccaneers. According to the league, Brooks hasn’t recused himself — and he won’t. The assignment is based on a rotation. If Brooks gets the assignment, then Brooks will handle the appeal."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... uspension/

Why wouldn't have Mike Evans been suspended this time around? He was suspended in 2017 for going after the same guy.

This appeal is NOT expedited in any abnormal fashion. https://www.footballzebras.com/2022/09/ ... ted-fight/
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

JAMES TRASH Image
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Speaking of Tampa player availability:
Buccaneers coach Todd Bowles said that DL Akiem Hicks (foot) won't play in Week 3.

Adam Schefter reported that Hicks tore the plantar fascia in his foot and is expected to miss a month. Josh Wells (calf), who gave way to third tackle Brandon Walton in Tampa's Week 2 win over the Saints, also won't play in Week 3 per Bowles. Bowles made the comments on his radio show. It's possible one or both of these players wind up on injured reserve.
Wells is already the Bucs backup LT who had been a starter due to previous injury. Gary and Preston will be looking at 3rd string LT on Sunday.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
21 Sep 2022 07:45
Speaking of Tampa player availability:
Buccaneers coach Todd Bowles said that DL Akiem Hicks (foot) won't play in Week 3.

Adam Schefter reported that Hicks tore the plantar fascia in his foot and is expected to miss a month. Josh Wells (calf), who gave way to third tackle Brandon Walton in Tampa's Week 2 win over the Saints, also won't play in Week 3 per Bowles. Bowles made the comments on his radio show. It's possible one or both of these players wind up on injured reserve.
Wells is already the Bucs backup LT who had been a starter due to previous injury. Gary and Preston will be looking at 3rd string LT on Sunday.
They are really banged up for sure. Unfortunately they got a total stud on the other side in Whirfs who can likely leave on an island all day, give whoever the LT is a lot of help.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is super weird.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I don't get it.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 21 Sep 2022 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
21 Sep 2022 09:17
This is super weird.

I saw that tweet yesterday and started to question my own lefty observations. Definitely makes you second guess.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
21 Sep 2022 09:25
NCF wrote:
21 Sep 2022 09:17
This is super weird.

I saw that tweet yesterday and started to question my own lefty observations. Definitely makes you second guess.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/tom-br ... -play-2022

Here is the unflipped highlight, what am I supposed to see here compared to the flipped highlight?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 10:38
https://www.buccaneers.com/video/tom-br ... -play-2022

Here is the unflipped highlight, what am I supposed to see here compared to the flipped highlight?
Just how weird it looks.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Lefties are just weird in everything they do!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 11:47
Lefties are just weird in everything they do!
:beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This must be one of those things where some people's brains have a mind blowing incident and others have no idea what they're talking about. Like a visual cilantro.

I've watched some of the clips and the left-right flip makes literally no difference to my perception, but I believe that other people might feel differently sincerely.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Sep 2022 17:43
This must be one of those things where some people's brains have a mind blowing incident and others have no idea what they're talking about. Like a visual cilantro.

I've watched some of the clips and the left-right flip makes literally no difference to my perception, but I believe that other people might feel differently sincerely.
I wouldn’t say my mind was blown but, for whatever reason, when I watch Tua or Tebow or whoever throw as a lefty it seems clunky and disjointed. When I see it flipped it looks natural. Call it lefty bias…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
21 Sep 2022 18:25
YoHoChecko wrote:

I wouldn’t say my mind was blown but, for whatever reason, when I watch Tua or Tebow or whoever throw as a lefty it seems clunky and disjointed. When I see it flipped it looks natural. Call it lefty bias…
Yeah, I’m with ncf and apb on the lefty cilantro train. Just never feels right watching a lefty throw.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 20:13
APB wrote:
21 Sep 2022 18:25
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah, I’m with ncf and apb on the lefty cilantro train. Just never feels right watching a lefty throw.
Didnt being left handed used to be considered a mental handicap?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

If this holds until Christmas, I would start Etling.

Read More. Post Less.