Packers @ Buccaneers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 25th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 14:09
lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Sep 2022 13:42
Whichever team limits the big mistakes wins this one. From what Ive seen I think we still are too sloppy in all 3 phases. Id be shocked to see this team turn it around in just week 3 on the road.
We really don’t have to play perfect, far from it. The teams that will be taking the fields, we really should significantly better given the state of their team right now.

If we play as well as we did last week, we should win.
The thing is we arent playing the Bears. Tampa will capitalize on missed opportunities and mistakes where the Bears just cant. To me last week was nothing to celebrate. The Bears have a bottom 3 roster in the league and I personally think its the worst.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

De'Vondre Campbell #59
:rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Sep 2022 17:43
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Sep 2022 13:42
Whichever team limits the big mistakes wins this one. From what Ive seen I think we still are too sloppy in all 3 phases. Id be shocked to see this team turn it around in just week 3 on the road.
We really don’t have to play perfect, far from it. The teams that will be taking the fields, we really should significantly better given the state of their team right now.

The thing is we arent playing the Bears. Tampa will capitalize on missed opportunities and mistakes where the Bears just cant. To me last week was nothing to celebrate. The Bears have a bottom 3 roster in the league and I personally think its the worst.
Sure they aren’t the bears, but we won by 3 scores and Tampa is super beat up on paper. We’d be having fire XXXX threads started here if that was the team we were trotting out as some fans can’t contemplate injuries.

I stand by it, a moderate above average performance should be enough to beat the Buccaneers team we’ll see this weekend. Now that’s a tall order on the road, in our worst stadium, in heat. But we play like we did, against taller odds. We are simply the better team right now.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 18:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Sure they aren’t the bears, but we won by 3 scores and Tampa is super beat up on paper. We’d be having fire XXXX threads started here if that was the team we were trotting out as some fans can’t contemplate injuries.

I stand by it, a moderate above average performance should be enough to beat the Buccaneers team we’ll see this weekend. Now that’s a tall order on the road, in our worst stadium, in heat. But we play like we did, against taller odds. We are simply the better team right now.
Are we? We got killed week one, and beat the worst team in the league in week 2 with plenty of mistakes in the second half.

Not saying I think they will win, but we aren’t miles better. They still have a great d. I think both defenses slow each other down. They will force us to be able throw. They will do what they have to do to slow down the run.

The question for us will be, can we play clean and not make STs mistakes etc? And 2) can we get some level of a pass game going?

I don’t see these as automatics.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Sep 2022 18:07
De'Vondre Campbell #59
:rotf:

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 20:15
BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2022 18:52
lupedafiasco wrote:

Are we? We got killed week one, and beat the worst team in the league in week 2 with plenty of mistakes in the second half.

Not saying I think they will win, but we aren’t miles better. They still have a great d. I think both defenses slow each other down. They will force us to be able throw. They will do what they have to do to slow down the run.

The question for us will be, can we play clean and not make STs mistakes etc? And 2) can we get some level of a pass game going?

I don’t see these as automatics.
I actually agree with [mention]BF004[/mention] that we should win this and are the better team on paper. The problem is the Packers vs the Packers. Will this team actually show up? Unfortunately, that has been a difficult question to answer in the LaFleur era in some of these big road games. I have been burned once too often before, so until I see it, again, I cannot bet on our guys to get it done this weekend.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tampa figured out how to foil our plans on O: take Adams away. It will be very interesting to see how Rodgers performs against this team without any clear "go-to guy."

I will also be interested to see how our run fares against this team, since they were also able to take that away from us. Jones had a rough time of it, but Dillon looked like he could have gotten going if we had fed him (looks like we are finally making an effort to do that now).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Sounds like Julio and Godwin not practicing today either. Donovan Smith is back.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No Godwin or Julio again, although Donovan Smith practiced.

Predicated my whole here’s Johnny pick on the 3rd string LT playing.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2022 13:04
Now on the GDT OP!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

File this under “For What It’s Worth” category…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Rumblin’, bumblin’, stumblin’…

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
22 Sep 2022 13:09
File this under “For What It’s Worth” category…

:idn: :banana: :thwap: :dunno: :aok: :) :woohoo: :beer2: :swear: :munch:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

WTF happened to all our WRs??

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I don't think we match up well with Tampa. This is the type of defense that gives Rodgers problems even when he has a decent receiving corps. I see him spending lots of time holding onto the ball and getting sacked. Tampa will be missing some offensive weapons, so maybe our defense manages to hold it to a respectable score. But I'm predicting an L for us this Sunday.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Sep 2022 15:37
I don't think we match up well with Tampa. This is the type of defense that gives Rodgers problems even when he has a decent receiving corps. I see him spending lots of time holding onto the ball and getting sacked. Tampa will be missing some offensive weapons, so maybe our defense manages to hold it to a respectable score. But I'm predicting an L for us this Sunday.
This is where the philosophy has to be different. Establish the run, keep with the run even if it's not going well. High percentage quick passes. Be ok with punting because your defense is good.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of surprised at the pessimism in here.

I mean sure if they had Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Julio, Donovan Smith, his backup, Marpet, Jansen or Hicks, that it would take an amazing performance to pull this off, perhaps we couldn't if they play well in their house.

But maybe Julio out of that bunch will play? This is not the same offense it was before. People here freak out because we don't have Davante, but got Jenkins and maybe Bakhtiari back, the other team is missing like 7 starters they usually rely and we are stuck in seeing ghosts of years past.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yeah, this game is winnable for sure. It will take a good game, but not even a great one. It is a matter of if the team even plays good.