Packers @ Buccaneers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 25th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2022 16:09
Kind of surprised at the pessimism in here.
I, personally, think we should win this game. That doesn't mean they will, tho. Rodgers and his Florida struggles are well documented. The offense is still trying to find itself and they're going up against a very good defense in their house. If the Packers win this one, I suspect it will be on the back of the defense in a low scoring affair.

If it makes you feel better, I picked against GB in the Pick-6 contest simply because my reverse mojo magic is pretty formidable. You're welcome. I did pick them to win earlier in this thread.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Sep 2022 15:51
Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Sep 2022 15:37
I don't think we match up well with Tampa. This is the type of defense that gives Rodgers problems even when he has a decent receiving corps. I see him spending lots of time holding onto the ball and getting sacked. Tampa will be missing some offensive weapons, so maybe our defense manages to hold it to a respectable score. But I'm predicting an L for us this Sunday.
This is where the philosophy has to be different. Establish the run, keep with the run even if it's not going well. High percentage quick passes. Be ok with punting because your defense is good.
I agree. The thing is, I am going off of our track record of not changing our philosophy. It seems like sometimes we will work these types of plays into the script to open a game, but then eventually someone decides to wipe their ass with that script and revert back to the 7 step drop downfield tunnel vision crap that never works against teams like Tampa. But yes, if we actually manage to stick to those high percentage quick passes all game, then we have a good chance at winning.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bucs might just put 11 in the box and call it a day
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He practiced on a limited basis today.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think I would keep Bak out 1 more week. Buccs defense on the road is tough early in the year. Patriots at home is a bit easier a comeback and knock the rust off type of game IMO.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Sep 2022 22:27
I think I would keep Bak out 1 more week. Buccs defense on the road is tough early in the year. Patriots at home is a bit easier a comeback and knock the rust off type of game IMO.
He will play when ready. Probably against the Lions... Thanksgiving 2025.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Sep 2022 19:25

He practiced on a limited basis today.
I'am sooooo tired of hearing our coach make excuses for Bakhtiari, I get that Lafluer has no choice, it's not as though the team hasn't done everything it can to help Bakh, imo if he can't play now, then just go find a LT if they lack faith in Nijman.

I bet hell will freeze over before we sign a lineman to a mega money 3rd contract again.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

MLF can make his team ready any week of the year (after week 1). The Pack might pull this out and shouldn’t be discounted.

That said, the first two weeks, they’ve been very sloppy and unimpressive. Even with injuries, Tampa is a quality team. Only way that we win, I think, is if we steal the ball at least twice to give the offense a short field.

I still think:
Tampa 20
Pack 13
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah I think we win this one, yet I also think that's not as impressive as it sounds. It's like us beating the 9ers last year in Week 3, that team wasn't in midseason form. Tampa likely will not be this Sunday, either, not that they won't give us a run (SanFran did even when we beat them last year). The true test will be if we face them again later.

I am legitimately glad Rodgers does not have Adams for this one. I feel like we lost our games against Tampa specifically because he locked onto Adams all game rather than go through his reads, and Tampa took Adams away effectively. My hope is he will do what actually wins games: find mismatches and exploit them.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Pack 16 Bucs 23

I rarely pick the Pack to loose by I'm a bit disenchant by the poor defensive play. Chicago gouged us repeatedly for big runs. Had they stuck with the run, it would have been a much closer game. Tampa can run the ball and we will make them look real good. Our offense against their defense? I think we will have some success, but not consistently.

I hope this is the game that Gary serves notice to the NFL and goes off causing Brady announces his re-retirement about mid way through the 2nd quarter. If AR can spread the ball around with lots of quick slants and go's. If the run game is set up by the quick passes. Then we have a shot. Don't think AR has it in him. I see him holding on to the ball too long and getting sacked 5 times. Sorry.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Packers have listed receivers Christian Watson (hamstring) and Randall Cobb (illness), tight end Marcedes Lewis (groin) and tackle David Bakhtiari (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game against Tampa Bay.

Receiver Allen Lazard (ankle), defensive lineman Kenny Clark (groin), offensive lineman Elgton Jenkins (knee) and kicker Mason Crosby (illness) didn't receive game statuses and are expected to play. It'll mark Crosby's 244th consecutive game played.

Receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) has been ruled out after not practicing since Wednesday.
The Buccaneers ruled out receiver Chris Godwin (hamstring) and defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (foot), while left tackle Donovan Smith (elbow) and tight end Cade Otton (personal) are doubtful. Smith didn't practice Friday after returning to practice on Thursday.

Four Buccaneers have been listed as questionable: running back: Leonard Fournette (hamstring), and receivers Julio Jones (knee) receiver Breshad Perriman (knee), and Russell Gage (hamstring)

Tampa Bay didn't give a game status for the following players who are all expected to be available: quarterback Tom Brady (right finger), linebacker Lavante David (rest), cornerback Carlton Davis (hip), receiver Scotty Miller (calf), cornerback Zyon McCollum (hamstring) and center Robert Hainsey (knee).
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-bu ... pt-23-2022

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

It's really funny that we all STILL aren't confident looking at the Bucs injury list, haha. that said, I'm not sure if we win, but I'll be pretty disappointed if our D doesn't play well against a team starting their third string LT, backup center, and missing their top two (and maybe three) WRs.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
23 Sep 2022 15:54
It's really funny that we all STILL aren't confident looking at the Bucs injury list, haha. that said, I'm not sure if we win, but I'll be pretty disappointed if our D doesn't play well against a team starting their third string LT, backup center, and missing their top two (and maybe three) WRs.
To be fair, we very well could be missing 3 of our top 4 WRs as well.

I expect a Winfree callup for this game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Not a great week for Hammy Watkins and others to miss...

I would LOVE for Barry to come up with a plan that takes away the quick throws from Brady.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Sep 2022 16:04
Not a great week for Hammy Watkins and others to miss...

I would LOVE for Barry to come up with a plan that takes away the quick throws from Brady.
If we aren’t showing predominant press-man coverage with a blitz/stunt rush pressure package I will be beyond disappointed. We have the horses to man-up and if we can get early pressure on Brady he gets gun shy. Set an early tone and let the defense feast.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

If Watson and Cobb are also out, Rodgers might have no choice but to throw to “that guy who returns”. Hopefully he does!

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Big brained move by GB: make sure no one who Rodgers trusts plays, that way he has no choice but to actually throw it to who's open!

Playing chess, baby
Last edited by kyle.mccarroll on 23 Sep 2022 17:26, edited 2 times in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Hammy Watkins being hammy Watkins