Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
25 Sep 2022 08:05
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2022 12:52
Watkins to IR, Patrick Taylor to 53.
Good. When Rodgers likes a receiver, take him away pronto. Watkins had a good game last week, shut him down now.

Also, mlf wouldn't commit to 2RB sets because there wasn't another RB on the roster. Now there is. Keep emphasizing that ground game.
I am just all for bringing up the next gen WR’s too, rip off the bandaid and do it now. Maybe Sammy runs a crisper more predictable route on schedule than Doubs right now. But you really can’t watch both of them and come away thinking Sammy is putting any fear into the defense, Doubs just looks like he has it. Give him more experience and get him up to speed.

Sammy isn’t gunna get better, so come January, let’s get these rookie guys more involved and Sammy can still be Sammy. We would be better than if we just rely on Sammy and Cobb all year to win our present week 6 game or whatever.

I don’t know, just force Aaron to get these young guys going. It isn’t just random young guys like a Jeff Janis and Geronimo Allison for lack of better options, these two guys both seem insanely talented.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Needs SB wins, but still...
_
image.png
image.png (65.18 KiB) Viewed 416 times

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Sugarcoating stat. In fact you can argue that any somewhat competent coach should have 2 SBs by now with a GOATish-QB, surrounded by a pretty talented team for years. Belichick - given what MLF has/had - would have done it, no doubt. I like MLF but he also had an easy way so far.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Sep 2022 08:51
Sugarcoating stat. In fact you can argue that any somewhat competent coach should have 2 SBs by now with a GOATish-QB, surrounded by a pretty talented team for years. Belichick - given what MLF has/had - would have done it, no doubt. I like MLF but he also had an easy way so far.
Since winning Super Bowls has historically been one of the easiest feats to achieve, I couldn't agree more. Crazy that every coach in the league doesn't have a ring at this point.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

No easy to Google, but how many coaches with GOAT-ish QBs don't have the only win that counts?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Half Empty wrote:
26 Sep 2022 09:13
No easy to Google, but how many coaches with GOAT-ish QBs don't have the only win that counts?
I think you can pretty much point to anyone who has coached the following at any point:

Dan Marino - Yes I know Shula won in the 70's but huge missed opportunity here
Steve Young
Peyton Manning
John Elway
Joe Montana
Jim Kelly
Warren Moon
Randall Cunningham
Steve McNair
Fran Tarkington

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wow

Only 14 for 137 and 1, nothing ground breaking, still super crazy.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I just realized who Doubs reminds me of: Marvin Harrison. I'm not saying he's going to be a HOF or anything, that's just who he reminds me of. Weird, I know.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 Sep 2022 17:03
I just realized who Doubs reminds me of: Marvin Harrison. I'm not saying he's going to be a HOF or anything, that's just who he reminds me of. Weird, I know.
I am saying he's HOF or it was a bust of a pick.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sneaky vet!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Our special teams player won something! :shock: :woohoo:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:38
I just hope to all good things we don't put him in the slot anymore.

He is clearly far superior to playing outside. Put Jaw in the slot. I know he's expensive but he is also arguably the best slot on the league. It was silly watching Douglas struggle against Beasley in the slot on that first series. He simply got destroyed on that play which would have been a sack had anyone else been covering Beasly because the rush got to Brady so fast.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Packers kicking tires on a veteran kick returner. I doubt there's an active spot unless he can return punts, too.

But Amari should not feel too safe...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hold tight, GDT will be incoming tonight!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:58
Pckfn23 wrote:

He is clearly far superior to playing outside. Put Jaw in the slot. I know he's expensive but he is also arguably the best slot on the league. It was silly watching Douglas struggle against Beasley in the slot on that first series. He simply got destroyed on that play which would have been a sack had anyone else been covering Beasly because the rush got to Brady so fast.
Alexander= Hayward minus some natural skills, but both are about the same build, the slot was such a heavy load for Hayward that he ended up sharing major snaps with Hyde, a bigger player, I wouldn't want to sacrifice Alexander in a poor fit, If I had to chose I'd leave Rasul there, over all he's played fine inside, he's strong against the run, and giving up 1 completion to Cole Beasly, is a very small sample to go on, somehow your best 3 CB's have to play though.

we are so fortunate to have 3 excellent starters and 2 very good backups with Nixon and St. Charles, I like the ability of having two lock down boundary CB's, it allows the safety's to roam and jump routes, I'am convinced that is when Savage plays his best.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 16:30
go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:58
Pckfn23 wrote:

Alexander= Hayward minus some natural skills, but both are about the same build, the slot was such a heavy load for Hayward that he ended up sharing major snaps with Hyde, a bigger player, I wouldn't want to sacrifice Alexander in a poor fit, If I had to chose I'd leave Rasul there, over all he's played fine inside, he's strong against the run, and giving up 1 completion to Cole Beasly, is a very small sample to go on, somehow your best 3 CB's have to play though.

we are so fortunate to have 3 excellent starters and 2 very good backups with Nixon and St. Charles, I like the ability of having two lock down boundary CB's, it allows the safety's to roam and jump routes, I'am convinced that is when Savage plays his best.
I believe I heard Andy Herman say that Rasul Douglas has allowed a 100% catch rate while playing in the slot. So far the population we have is Jefferson winning in the slot week 1, not playing anything week 2 and Douglas struggling in the slot and excelling on the outside week 3.

Small data set but head turning nonetheless.
Yoop wrote: