Packers @ Buccaneers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 25th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2022 18:40
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Sep 2022 18:25
That's 5 big plays by Campbell today. :woohoo:
Campbell was a little feast and famine though. He got torched in coverage in the shallow flat all day. Brady targeted Camobell, Nixon, or Rasul on about 80% of his passes it seemed.
A lot of it was being up and playing a soft zone in the 4th. He can never be expected to cover slot WRs effectively without blitzing.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 18:33
Uglier than it needed to be, but we won’t remember that in January, gigantic road win.
Tampa's D is legit. Their took over the game but in the end our D came thru.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
25 Sep 2022 18:49
BF004 wrote:
Uglier than it needed to be, but we won’t remember that in January, gigantic road win.
our D was exhausted in the 4th quarter, our offense was no help, how do you play so well in the first 30 minutes, and so poorly in the last 30?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2022 18:54
Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:
our D was exhausted in the 4th quarter, our offense was no help, how do you play so well in the first 30 minutes, and so poorly in the last 30?
This offense needs to find a way to overcome adversity against good teams. Lewis' fumble against 49ers, no-nonsense after. Jones' fumble today, no offense after.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

HELL OF A GAME BOYS AND GIRLS!!!! GREAT JOB DEFENSE!!!!!!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Few thoughts.

1. We knew this was going to be a slugfest and it was. I went into the game thinking "gotta hold em under 17 to have a shot". Didn't know it was actually hold em uder 14. Great job by the defense.

2. That defense is so good. Even our amazing runs only ended up getting 4 yards.

3. Romeo Doubs needs to continue getting in the game plan. He is a really good football player.

4. We just have to draw 1st and 2nd down plays to get us to 3rd and 5 situations. 3rd and 7+ against these defenses just ain't happening.

5. Rodgers played great the first half. And played really poor the 2nd half. I know the defense is tough, but you have to take those plays when they are there. The miss to Jones on the crosser on 3rd down and the miss to Doubs on the final third down were brutal. He needs to know those are the reads.

6. Our STs was spectacular today. Really too bad on that running into the kicker call because that would have been game.

HUGE, HUGE WIN!!!!!! Our front 7 needed to dominate and they did dominate. Only real issue they had was brining down Fournette a few times.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Sep 2022 18:25
That's 5 big plays by Campbell today. :woohoo:
Campbell was a little feast and famine though. He got torched in coverage in the shallow flat all day. Brady targeted Campbell, Nixon, or Rasul on about 80% of his passes it seemed.
A lot of it was being up and playing a soft zone in the 4th. He can never be expected to cover slot WRs effectively without blitzing.
I'm not talking about the 4th... the whole game. And yes, I agree, he shouldn't be covering slot receivers out there, but he was asked to a couple times, and same with the TEs, and he was often in no-man's land underneath those throws, unlike the 2 pointer where he had enough depth and length to get his hand on it.

I'm not trying to insult him or anything--just identifying that he made some plays, he missed some plays.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly I love winning these slug fests.

We have a defense to be excited about. :) :)
Yoop wrote:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
25 Sep 2022 19:10
Honestly I love winning these slug fests.

We have a defense to be excited about. :) :)
A lot like @ AZ last year.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I think that Aaron Jones should make a goal for the next time we play the Bucs to have a zero fumble game. He had a fumble two years ago that was a turning point. The fumble today was bad for GB.

I’m willing to think that he’s up to it.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2022 19:08
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Campbell was a little feast and famine though. He got torched in coverage in the shallow flat all day. Brady targeted Campbell, Nixon, or Rasul on about 80% of his passes it seemed.
I'm not talking about the 4th... the whole game. And yes, I agree, he shouldn't be covering slot receivers out there, but he was asked to a couple times, and same with the TEs, and he was often in no-man's land underneath those throws, unlike the 2 pointer where he had enough depth and length to get his hand on it.

I'm not trying to insult him or anything--just identifying that he made some plays, he missed some plays.
I wonder how much they had to get away from in coverage when Jaire went out.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not a win to be excited about. If we play them again they get back Evans, Godwin, Julio, Donovan Smith, probably Hicks on defense. Very concerning to have this game be this close. Sure we were down bad in receivers too but theirs are proven pro bowl level commodities.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2022 19:08
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

who would expect him to be perfect in coverage all day? Hes a linebacker and it was 90+ degrees. He did well in my book.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Realist wrote:
25 Sep 2022 13:51
Backthepack4ever wrote:
25 Sep 2022 13:40
Realist wrote:
25 Sep 2022 13:38

So u are feeling good about a win but wouldn't be surprised with a loss. Dynamite dropin Monty.

I will up that and say GB wins. I don't expect or feel a loss. If I'm wrong blast me 😂. 24-16 pack.
Tampa's D is always more physical than GB's. That has to change somehow.
Well... It did get of the fear and start believing in the team you said we're a fan of

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I see no reason to pick on anyone from the Defense. Especially with Jaire ruled out early. Only person I want to answer a question from the defense is Barry. Would like to ask him why he went prevent style soft zone on last drive. Would make sure he knows he got bailed out by Bucs delay of game.

As for the Offense, time and time again we see the Packers come out strong on scripted plays, then the opponent adjusts, and Lafleur has NO answers to this adjustment. I mean its pretty crazy. Just no counter punch in the chess match.

Additionally, once again we see something bad happen to the O and they just fold the rest of the game. Its not a good sign. Championship teams usually do not have character traits like this.

That said, happy to win a road game being led by the D and STs.

We all know last year we lose this game for one reason...the STs would have done something very stupid and given the game to Tampa. We all know that would have happened. Maybe a huge return given up, maybe a blocked punt..something awful would have happened. It was awesome penning them deep all day and getting them to call fair catch. that won the game.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So MLF says he rotated Back and Yosh because of the weather and also Yosh has earned the right to play. In my mind that means Yosh should start practicing at RT and we move EJ to RG. Those are the best 5 OL. If Yosh gets his footwork down on the right side then that would be a great OL. Newman still seems shaky to me on stunts.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Good win. We have a lot of potential and still plenty of room to improve. You do not wanna buzz in October. :beer2:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

packman114 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:24
So MLF says he rotated Back and Yosh because of the weather and also Yosh has earned the right to play. In my mind that means Yosh should start practicing at RT and we move EJ to RG. Those are the best 5 OL. If Yosh gets his footwork down on the right side then that would be a great OL. Newman still seems shaky to me on stunts.
I was actually wondering how transferable the LT to RT would be. Because I too think in games 1 and 2, yosh was pretty consistent at LT and did a good job.

Also I think we need some beef and a boost to our interior line. Meyers is a fine center but Jenkins at guard would be awesome...if Yosh was competent at RT.

I don’t know how easy or hard the transition from LT to RT would be..but I agree yosh on the line gives us our best 5.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:00
As for the Offense, time and time again we see the Packers come out strong on scripted plays, then the opponent adjusts, and Lafleur has NO answers to this adjustment. I mean its pretty crazy. Just no counter punch in the chess match.
you assume this is a MLF fail, yet we see almost zero of what would seem the Lafluer schemes produced prior, almost zero mis direction and pre snap motion, what we do see are a bunch of short, even behind the LOS passes expected to produce yac that Stevie Wonder would spot before the play even starts, this crap smells of Rodgers.

so many of his passes are late, that long incompletion to Cobb on the free play was a great example, instead of firing it off to a wide open Cobb, he bounces out a few steps and allows the DB to close the gap and make a pick.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2022 19:25
Not a win to be excited about. If we play them again they get back Evans, Godwin, Julio, Donovan Smith, probably Hicks on defense. Very concerning to have this game be this close. Sure we were down bad in receivers too but theirs are proven pro bowl level commodities.
Actually Nagler changed my mind. He said essentially how many time have we seen the Packers offense come out hot and then go cold and have the defense and STs let you down. They didnt do that today. I fully expected that to be the classic Packers game where you they dominate the majority of the game and throw it away in the last minute.
Cancelled by the forum elites.