Packers @ Buccaneers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 25th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

packman114 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:24
So MLF says he rotated Back and Yosh because of the weather and also Yosh has earned the right to play. In my mind that means Yosh should start practicing at RT and we move EJ to RG. Those are the best 5 OL. If Yosh gets his footwork down on the right side then that would be a great OL. Newman still seems shaky to me on stunts.
Newman, and Hansen as the 6th/7th guy, are the obvious weak links on the OL, so I would not mind trying this idea. :beer2: Even better might be Jenkins to LG and Runyan to RG, but that's a lot of movement.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:33
I was actually wondering how transferable the LT to RT would be. Because I too think in games 1 and 2, yosh was pretty consistent at LT and did a good job.

Also I think we need some beef and a boost to our interior line. Meyers is a fine center but Jenkins at guard would be awesome...if Yosh was competent at RT.

I don’t know how easy or hard the transition from LT to RT would be..but I agree yosh on the line gives us our best 5.
It varies by person. Some linemen tell you about how difficult it is to reverse the muscle memory, like Bulaga. Some don’t seem to think it’s much different because blocking is blocking, like Jenkins.

It’s been my understanding that Yosh is in the former camp, really struggling with technique when he switches to the right

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:35
Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:00
As for the Offense, time and time again we see the Packers come out strong on scripted plays, then the opponent adjusts, and Lafleur has NO answers to this adjustment. I mean its pretty crazy. Just no counter punch in the chess match.
you assume this is a MLF fail, yet we see almost zero of what would seem the Lafluer schemes produced prior, almost zero mis direction and pre snap motion, what we do see are a bunch of short, even behind the LOS passes expected to produce yac that Stevie Wonder would spot before the play even starts, this crap smells of Rodgers.

so many of his passes are late, that long incompletion to Cobb on the free play was a great example, instead of firing it off to a wide open Cobb, he bounces out a few steps and allows the DB to close the gap and make a pick.
Rodgers was forced to step away on the Cobb play. Just unfortunate because if he wasn't forced off his spot...that is a touchdown.

Our offense had its plays. We could have easily put up 28 points. The Jones fumble, the missed play to Cobb. The missed play to Jones. The missed play to Doubls to get in FG range at least.

We left a lot out on there offense.

Then you add the running into the kicker penalty taking about 50 yards away from us.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think the only thing I am disappointed on defense was playing soft on the final drive. I honestly don't get it.

Like we were playing to get the game in the RZ anyways. So what if they march down the field quickly? At least we have time to then respond if necessary.

I don't understand the thought of playing soft when you haven't all day and it worked. Especially because playing soft doesn't allow us to do anything with the ball if TB ties the game. Play your defense like you did all game. If they bust one they bust one.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:36
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2022 19:25
Not a win to be excited about. If we play them again they get back Evans, Godwin, Julio, Donovan Smith, probably Hicks on defense. Very concerning to have this game be this close. Sure we were down bad in receivers too but theirs are proven pro bowl level commodities.
Actually Nagler changed my mind. He said essentially how many time have we seen the Packers offense come out hot and then go cold and have the defense and STs let you down. They didnt do that today. I fully expected that to be the classic Packers game where you they dominate the majority of the game and throw it away in the last minute.
its true. Every year that i can ever remember the STs would have blown this one. Or the D.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gott give credit to Tom Brady.

The dude had our rushers in his face all day and yet still somehow quietly managed to be 31 of 42 for 271 yards. I didn't expect that kind of stat line from him after our dominate defensive performance.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:48
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:00
As for the Offense, time and time again we see the Packers come out strong on scripted plays, then the opponent adjusts, and Lafleur has NO answers to this adjustment. I mean its pretty crazy. Just no counter punch in the chess match.
you assume this is a MLF fail, yet we see almost zero of what would seem the Lafluer schemes produced prior, almost zero mis direction and pre snap motion, what we do see are a bunch of short, even behind the LOS passes expected to produce yac that Stevie Wonder would spot before the play even starts, this crap smells of Rodgers.

so many of his passes are late, that long incompletion to Cobb on the free play was a great example, instead of firing it off to a wide open Cobb, he bounces out a few steps and allows the DB to close the gap and make a pick.
Rodgers was forced to step away on the Cobb play. Just unfortunate because if he wasn't forced off his spot...that is a touchdown.

Our offense had its plays. We could have easily put up 28 points. The Jones fumble, the missed play to Cobb. The missed play to Jones. The missed play to Doubls to get in FG range at least.

Then you add the running into the kicker penalty taking about 50 yards away from us.
i think this paints a picture that things were better than the scoreboard showed. I disagree. Every team every game can point to enough plays that could get them to 28 points if everything worked out perfectly. I think the O looked uncreative and like they were getting bullied every since the Jones fumble. I dont think they looked better than the scoreboard reflected.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Not a win to be excited about. If we play them again they get back Evans, Godwin, Julio, Donovan Smith, probably Hicks on defense. Very concerning to have this game be this close. Sure we were down bad in receivers too but theirs are proven pro bowl level commodities.
Any time you go on the road against a team many believe is a legit SB contender and pull out a win is something to get excited about.
Last edited by Pugger on 26 Sep 2022 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:55
go pak go wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:48
Yoop wrote:

i think this paints a picture that things were better than the scoreboard showed. I disagree. Every team every game can point to enough plays that could get them to 28 points if everything worked out perfectly. I think the O looked uncreative and like they were getting bullied every since the Jones fumble. I dont think they looked better than the scoreboard reflected.
They were literally a half yard away from 21 points.

So yeah. They looked better than 14 points in the first half.

They were absolutely terrible in the 2nd half.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also a little suprised at the angst on the offense.

I guess I just expected this more?

I figured we were a team that had to rely heavily on our defense to win games. And that isn't a bad thing as our offense gets up to speed as the season goes along.

Our biggest risk is playing a defense who shuts down our running attack. But any semblance of a decent run game and this offense is good for 20 points. We just need a defense that can hold the opponent under 17.

And we have that.

I for one am ecstatic after this win. This was a huge win. I love winning games on the heels of our defense.

The only thing I was surprised at today was Rodgers just getting us just one play. Thought we could rely on at least 3 points from him after the smooth sailing offense. There were plays there too. I've been disappointed in 12's play so far. But it's still early. Plenty of time for him to get in a rhythm.
Yoop wrote:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Very nice win. Especially pleased with the D and ST. :clap:
GO PACK GO!!!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Happy to be wrong about this game. Defense did a tremendous job. Can't imagine we'd win a rematch, playing like this, when TB is at full strength, and our offense leaves me seriously concerned, but you play the opponent who is on your schedule, and today we were better than our opponent.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Rasul Douglas deserves a shout-out here (as well as Gute for finding him). Another decent game as far as I can tell. Does a pretty good job overall and definitely maxing out his potential - for two seasons now! Reminds me of what I would have liked to see from Jarrett Bush back then.
Last edited by German_Panzer on 26 Sep 2022 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Sep 2022 06:17
Rasul Douglas deserves a shout-out here (as well as Gute for finding him). Another decent game as far as I can tell. Does a pretty good job overall and definitely maxing out his potential - for two seasons now! Reminds me of what I would have liked to see from Jared Bush back then.
Jarrett Bush could never hold Douglas's jock.

Douglas is GOOD. Like really good.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
26 Sep 2022 06:52
German_Panzer wrote:
Rasul Douglas deserves a shout-out here (as well as Gute for finding him). Another decent game as far as I can tell. Does a pretty good job overall and definitely maxing out his potential - for two seasons now! Reminds me of what I would have liked to see from Jared Bush back then.

It was interesting because on that first drive they seemed to be trying to exploit the speed/quickness from the slot against him. Perriman downfield with speed from the slot and Beasley with quickness. Then Jaire goes out, Nixon moves to the slot and Rasul to the boundary and it just... fit. Rasul was no longer exploitable. Nixon was playing above his head. It was great.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:50
I think the only thing I am disappointed on defense was playing soft on the final drive. I honestly don't get it.

Like we were playing to get the game in the RZ anyways. So what if they march down the field quickly? At least we have time to then respond if necessary.

I don't understand the thought of playing soft when you haven't all day and it worked. Especially because playing soft doesn't allow us to do anything with the ball if TB ties the game. Play your defense like you did all game. If they bust one they bust one.
So agree. Imo worst case scenario, you let them drive all the way down, score a TD and run out the clock. Stay aggressive and if they score, I’d rather they score earlier and leave us some time. Although there was zero indication our D would have given up a big play.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
26 Sep 2022 06:52
German_Panzer wrote:

Rasul looked sooo much better on the outside than he has in the slot this year. I wonder if they will consider putting Jaire in the slot a bit more. I get the idea that you don’t want to move one of the top 5 shutdown CBs in the game out of his natural position, exposing him to run support with his shoulder, but we just might be better that way. Maybe in more obvious passing situations, I’d like to see how the defense looks swapping Rasul and Jaire.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Sep 2022 20:36
lupedafiasco wrote:
Actually Nagler changed my mind. He said essentially how many time have we seen the Packers offense come out hot and then go cold and have the defense and STs let you down. They didnt do that today. I fully expected that to be the classic Packers game where you they dominate the majority of the game and throw it away in the last minute.
All things considered, I think we should be pretty happy with this one because:

- We lost Jaire to an injury on the first drive
- We literally cannot win in FL in September
- TB has been our boogeyman
- Freak AJ fumble that cost us at least 3 points
- We were missing two important pieces on an offense that's still getting their feet under them
- There were multiple really bad calls by the refs that kept TB in it, including the running into the kicker call which basically took points off the board that would've iced it

Overall, I'm happy. We are clearly building an identity and we obviously aren't playing our best football right now, but we still beat a team that had given up 13 points all year in their house in 90 degree weather. Rodgers talks about having to learn to win each year, so I think this game will go far in that regard this season.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

We have to be happy that we won this game with defense and STs. We all knew the offense would be a work in progress and to win this game not playing great is huge for the team's confidence. Going to be tough going against the Pats D next week as well but I like that we're playing against some good defenses early.

I just wish that one time when the offense is in a funk MLF would call something outside our game plan. Seems to me he put Dillon in motion out of the 2 back set more than he did Jones. It was obvious that was his game plan and he never wavered from it. I would have liked to get Jones the ball more in the passing game in the second half. I think he only threw one pass to Jones in the 2nd half and that was on a 3rd down checkdown for no yards.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
26 Sep 2022 10:02
We have to be happy that we won this game with defense and STs. We all knew the offense would be a work in progress and to win this game not playing great is huge for the team's confidence. Going to be tough going against the Pats D next week as well but I like that we're playing against some good defenses early.

I just wish that one time when the offense is in a funk MLF would call something outside our game plan. Seems to me he put Dillon in motion out of the 2 back set more than he did Jones. It was obvious that was his game plan and he never wavered from it. I would have liked to get Jones the ball more in the passing game in the second half. I think he only threw one pass to Jones in the 2nd half and that was on a 3rd down checkdown for no yards.
Rodgers must have thrown a doz passes that required yac to gain a stinking yard, and another doz that required yac to get a first down, who the heck designs plays like that? everything we saw in the first half that produced points was non existent the rest of the game.