Packers @ Buccaneers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 25th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

For the why-don’t-they-just-keep-doing-what-they-did-in-the-first-half people:

Or (it’s obvious) it’s Rodgers obviously just doing his own thing and obviously not going with what LaFleur called.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

12 shouldn’t have mentioned the jumbotron.

1) it cheapens the defense and their epic play for no reason

2) Itl prolly get a guy fired who may have helped us out.

You get people fired who screw you over, not help you. Plus he basically snitched.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Sep 2022 06:31

You get people fired who screw you over, not help you. Plus he basically snitched.
I agree. I never liked him saying that.

It cheapened the play and seemed like he was jealous of the credit going elsewhere so he tried to take it for himself. Plus now every stadium is going to be conscious of this.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

[mention]Yoop[/mention]

I stand corrected after watching the All-22 on the missed Cobb play. Rodgers F'ed up big time. I am more convinced how poorly he played the 2nd half.

Yes the Bucs adjusted their defense but there are at least 3 - 4 plays missed that either led to points or kept the chains moving/getting into FG range on huge plays in the 2nd half.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man. That punt in the EZ makes me even more mad now.

We got as royally screwed as any team can screwed on that call.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
26 Sep 2022 21:38
For the why-don’t-they-just-keep-doing-what-they-did-in-the-first-half people:

Or (it’s obvious) it’s Rodgers obviously just doing his own thing and obviously not going with what LaFleur called.
Rodgers did better then I thought, but where is the mis direction, where is the backfield motion, where are the drag routes, where are the A gap runs that made Dillon a household name?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2022 06:40
Drj820 wrote:
27 Sep 2022 06:31

I agree. I never liked him saying that.

It cheapened the play and seemed like he was jealous of the credit going elsewhere so he tried to take it for himself. Plus now every stadium is going to be conscious of this.
That’s a good point.it’s like his narcissism took over and he couldn’t just let the D have their shine. I mean, as you said, I just don’t see the positive of it at all. From preventing good fortune like that in the future, to cheapening what our defense accomplished...all of it is just bad to me. Plus, this is Tom Brady. He makes adjustments all the time. I think knowing an original play and lining up to stop it could actually hurt the d as they would be sold out on one thing, as Brady would then just adjust as veteran QBs do.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

We still don't even know what it is he supposedly saw. I am fully expecting to hear it and go, "Oh, who gives a &%$@?" I don't believe it impacted the outcome of the final play at all and I expect Rodgers will backtrack on those comments on McAfee today.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
27 Sep 2022 07:46
We still don't even know what it is he supposedly saw. I am fully expecting to hear it and go, "Oh, who gives a &%$@?" I don't believe it impacted the outcome of the final play at all and I expect Rodgers will backtrack on those comments on McAfee today.
who knows what he saw from a prior play, about the only thing he could tell Lafluer is to watch and see if they line up a certain way, even then we know that pre set doesn't always dictate post snap outcomes or routes.

I'am at the point where I can't even stomach to listen to Rodgers, he's a ego maniac, cares only about himself

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Trudge wrote:
26 Sep 2022 15:54
This doesn't even make sense.

The Bucs didn't go to the sideline during their first lineup for the 2 point conversion, nor after the delay of game.

If even they say it before the first attempt at the 2, no way one would have any confidence they would run the same play from the 7.

My best guess would be maybe Byron Leftwich animatedly coaching a WR something right before the play and sending him into the game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean for a jumbotron to show the image well enough on a tablet...the camera would literally need to be right in Leftwhich's face.

I call bull on this whole thing too. Cameras aren't allowed that close to the field. They are usually behind the benches on the sidline and no fool is zooming in on a tablet to actually show the play design.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2022 09:12
I mean for a jumbotron to show the image well enough on a tablet...the camera would literally need to be right in Leftwhich's face.

I call bull on this whole thing too. Cameras aren't allowed that close to the field. They are usually behind the benches on the sidline and no fool is zooming in on a tablet to actually show the play design.
First and foremost they are used for replay. I highly doubt that they were drawing up a play in the "dirt" during the 25 seconds they had after the penalty.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2022 06:42
Man. That punt in the EZ makes me even more mad now.

We got as royally screwed as any team can screwed on that call.
Yeah, it was like two levels of screwing us. Missed safety call is +2. Missed running into the kicker call was another +3. Literally any other way of handling that would've resulted in points for us and that would've been blouses.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
27 Sep 2022 13:22
NCF wrote:
I mean ya this was the obvious outcome. We were just saying it was very rodgers-esque to take a moment of all praise for the Defense...and insert himself in it by saying something contreversial that would cause a mini stir...and then back up and punt when asked directly about it. Oh and also act like everyone else is crazy for "making it a big deal".

Outcome was obvious, I just wish he wouldnt have potentially gotten a poor bastard fired (jumbotron operator), as well as his comments did devalue the defenses amazing play on the 2 pt conversion...i wish he could have resisted making himself the center of the story in that moment.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Rodgers seeing on the Jumbotron the play that was going to be ran and letting the defense know is a testament to his greatness. This guy is actually aware of everything in life. The man’s omniscient. A butterfly flaps it’s wings in China and he knows how it will affect the next 20… nay, 30 years. What an absolute legend.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Sep 2022 21:05
Rodgers seeing on the Jumbotron the play that was going to be ran and letting the defense know is a testament to his greatness. This guy is actually aware of everything in life. The man’s omniscient. A butterfly flaps it’s wings in China and he knows how it will affect the next 20… nay, 30 years. What an absolute legend.
PlahLeeeeeeeze stifle .......... Down boy, down boy. Next thing we'll hear he created the CHOOSE LOVE mantra with his new friend Blu. :rotf:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Sep 2022 21:05
Aaron probably passed on 10 SBs just as God passed to come to Earth as anything higher than a carpenter‘s son. Real Greatness deliberately covers its capability to save people‘s self esteem. Finally, the last decade makes sense. :hail: :lol: