Packer 2022 Defense Thoughts

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 06:35
Barry's prevent actually was successful, the clock expired and we won the game.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Oh Jesus

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I guess this play never happened

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
28 Sep 2022 06:56
Yoop wrote:
I'm just trying to piece together the transition of yoop defending Rodgers and knowing Rodgers intimately (more intimately than what Rodgers says in his own words) to now hating Rodgers, trashing Rodgers and replacing Rodgers with Joe Barry and a prevent defense.

I don't come here as often so I missed the transition. Feels like a different forum now.
Last edited by go pak go on 28 Sep 2022 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Devonte Wyatt is getting limited snaps but he is flashing in these snaps.

He had two absolutely beautiful plays vs Tampa. Mind you...he only had 6 real snaps.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 08:21
APB wrote:
28 Sep 2022 06:56
Yoop wrote:
I'm just trying to piece together the transition of yoop defending Rodgers and knowing Rodgers intimately (more intimately than what Rodgers says in his own words) to now hating Rodgers, trashing Rodgers and replacing Rodgers with Joe Barry and a prevent defense.

I don't come here as often so I missed the transition. Feels like a different forum now.
I defend what players do on the field, not there actions off it, and this line of bull &%$@ that I know what Rodgers thinks is just that, I've always said his actions on the field lead me to think certain things.

Rodgers has become a egotistical ass hole, most here have said that long before I have, thats different then Rodgers having to carry the team because he only had one legit WR for half a decade, a crap defense and ST's for even longer, yet every loss was his fault according to some here in this forum, people need to quit twisting what I say to suit there agenda.

your right the forum has changed, from normal back and forth conversations, to over the top sarcastic crap, rich with video insults, it seems I hurt some members feelings a few years back and they can't get over, thats to bad.
your accusing me of changing, if anything I'am not as callous or polarized, as for the rest take a hard look in the mirror, others obviously should as well.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:18
yet every loss was his fault according to some here in this forum, people need to quit twisting what I say to suit there agenda.
Like, even you have to laugh at this, right?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:25
Yoop wrote:
yet every loss was his fault according to some here in this forum, people need to quit twisting what I say to suit there agenda.
serious? why would I, are you going to say people here have not blamed Rodgers for not being basically perfect in games we lost when there where protection break downs, poor run blocking, a half doz dropped passes? if Rodgers doesn't over come these issue he is often the one that gets the blame.

I defended him based mostly for these reasons, yet I get called a player fan. :dunno:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:52
BF004 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
serious? why would I, are you going to say people here have not blamed Rodgers for not being basically perfect in games we lost when there where protection break downs, poor run blocking, a half doz dropped passes? if Rodgers doesn't over come these issue he is often the one that gets the blame.

I defended him based mostly for these reasons, yet I get called a player fan. :dunno:
The next time you completely flip on an opinion, you should at least give us a forewarning because I think this one completely took us by surprise.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
28 Sep 2022 10:09
Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 09:52
BF004 wrote:

The next time you completely flip on an opinion, you should at least give us a forewarning because I think this one completely took us by surprise.
there is no flipping here, that is YOU confusing what I said with your pre determined opinion of what I had said, again YOU need to quit twisting my comments and simply read the basic text, YOU, and others have failed at every level of civil conversation and you want to blame me for it, I defended Rodgers the player, I have not defended Rodgers the person in a long time, well before he lied about the vax.

besides Acrobat where you even around for it, you disappeared for years on end, it's why I said WHO are you, mostly light heartedly, but you got all butt hurt over it, made a big deal of it, unless I add in a kiss ass smilly people here act like 10 year olds.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YOU

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Also, I hardly got butt hurt over it:
Acrobat wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:39
Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:35
Acrobat wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:33

Is that in dog months?
I knew I shouldn't have asked the question, because your reply right now is what I expected, have a good day.
Well yeah of course my response was snarky. I've been a member of this community since the 2007 season.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2022 08:25

He had two absolutely beautiful plays vs Tampa. Mind you...he only had 6 real snaps.

I was just going to post how disappointed I was regarding Wyatt. Loved the pick. Feel a little better after ur post. He seemed nfl ready. I hope he gets some more exended snaps going forward.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:

Lowry isn’t going to be in the long term plan. He’s a JAG that’s playing pretty decent!

I would consider trading Lowry while he may have value or I would continue to trim his snaps. Not because he’s necessarily doing anything wrong...but Wyatt needs those snaps. Wyatt is under contract for the next 4 years for fairly cheap, no reason to waste one of those years so a guy like Lowry can get snaps.

Is lowry better? MAYBE, but it’s marginal and not worth him taking snaps all things considered
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2022 14:37
go pak go wrote:

Lowry isn’t going to be in the long term plan. He’s a JAG that’s playing pretty decent!

I would consider trading Lowry while he may have value or I would continue to trim his snaps. Not because he’s necessarily doing anything wrong...but Wyatt needs those snaps. Wyatt is under contract for the next 4 years for fairly cheap, no reason to waste one of those years so a guy like Lowry can get snaps.

Is lowry better? MAYBE, but it’s marginal and not worth him taking snaps all things considered
It's a long season. Wyatt will get his snaps if he deserves them. Trading Lowry doesn't make much sense. The value wouldn't be there and injuries at some point do happen.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Lowery leads our DT's with 11 tackles, Clark has 9, Gary has 12, Wyatt has 1, Campbell has 29 ( our monster in the box), Rasul has 15, and he's a great deceiver, since you can bounce him in or out, same now with a guy like Walker, the more players that can move around the more deceptive your defense can be.

Back to Lowery, we ( some of us) have been trying to replace Lowery every season since his 2nd year, imo mostly because we expect DT's to emerge as quickly as WR's do, but most don't, it's simply a tough transition from college O lineman to pro OL, Wyatt will be a good one as long as we have a little patience and don't force feed him to quick

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2022 16:47
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Lowery leads our DT's with 11 tackles, Clark has 9, Gary has 12, Wyatt has 1, Campbell has 29 ( our monster in the box), Rasul has 15, and he's a great deceiver, since you can bounce him in or out, same now with a guy like Walker, the more players that can move around the more deceptive your defense can be.

Back to Lowery, we ( some of us) have been trying to replace Lowery every season since his 2nd year, imo mostly because we expect DT's to emerge as quickly as WR's do, but most don't, it's simply a tough transition from college O lineman to pro OL, Wyatt will be a good one as long as we have a little patience and don't force feed him to quick
Who is lowery?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So this is interesting. Personally I have never been a fan of defenses that try to "string out" the run, forcing it to the sideline. In concept it gives the 2nd level time to get there and make a play. In reality, I feel it is too boom and bust. If the runner can get the corner it is a huge gain as there isn't anyone left out there. We ran this type of run defense where I coach and it worked when we had athletes, but didn't when the athletes were lacking. I prefer to set that edge and force everything back inside. To me it just makes sense to force things back to the help. One draw back is that it does hit faster and give the 2nd level less time to adjust.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2022 21:40

So this is interesting. Personally I have never been a fan of defenses that try to "string out" the run, forcing it to the sideline. In concept it gives the 2nd level time to get there and make a play. In reality, I feel it is too boom and bust. If the runner can get the corner it is a huge gain as there isn't anyone left out there. We ran this type of run defense where I coach and it worked when we had athletes, but didn't when the athletes were lacking. I prefer to set that edge and force everything back inside. To me it just makes sense to force things back to the help. One draw back is that it does hit faster and give the 2nd level less time to adjust.
Does this also help defend play action passes more because the DB don't feel as compelled to fly up the field to help with run support or is that too linear of thinking on my part?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Sep 2022 07:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2022 21:40

Does this also help defend play action passes more because the DB don't feel as compelled to fly up the field to help with run support or is that too linear of thinking on my part?
I think you are on the right track, but it doesn't help against play action. Play action would generally only affect those players with eyes on the RB, ie... linebackers. What it does allow us to do is play less zone. It is REALLY tough to spill the running back and play sound run defense without corners or safeties playing run on the edge. In man that's really tough to do as eyes are definitely not in the backfield. At least in zone they are facing the line and eyes can peak. I think it may be the reason we switched after Barry got blasted for playing so much zone.