Patriots @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 2nd, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I would be surprised if we suit up Jaw.

I don't want to sit him because it's the Patriots, but more I want to make sure he doesn't make the injury worse. We are deep enough right now with our CB's to get by for a week. Don't play him until he is a full participant again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

After dealing with some health issues I'll finally be back on the sidelines this week! Camera cart, packer side is where I will be. Hopefully I can provide some extra insight after. We are phone banned ussually from kickoff till halftime but should be able to add some things after the game

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

jglovia wrote:
30 Sep 2022 17:16
After dealing with some health issues I'll finally be back on the sidelines this week! Camera cart, packer side is where I will be. Hopefully I can provide some extra insight after. We are phone banned ussually from kickoff till halftime but should be able to add some things after the game
If you get a chance, ask Aaron how Blu has been treating him lately. :thwap:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Had no idea Lawrence Guy was still playing. The one that got away.... Has carved himself a nice career as run-stuffer only and STs mainstay. 700 snaps last season :shock:

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Sep 2022 22:07
Had no idea Lawrence Guy was still playing. The one that got away.... Has carved himself a nice career as run-stuffer only and STs mainstay. 700 snaps last season :shock:
Good to see he is still around. He had a inspirational back story and I was really pulling for the guy.

Glad he is on the sidelines and won't feel the brunt of this slaughter.

Pats have a good defense. But we are settling in on offense. Pats stack against the run and challenge our passing game. Rodgers has a great day along with Lazard and Tonyan.

Should be a great defensive showing, especially the secondary and I think Quay makes a national impression.

Packers 31 pats 13

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

jglovia wrote:
I won’t be working Sunday — first home game I’ve missed working in 8 years. But hope we can meet up this season. Our work assignments don’t match up very well, but ….
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I see this game as very similar to last weeks game. The spread seems insane to me?? I just dont see this packers offense running away from the Pats D. I see a game where both defenses dominate.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Patriots are injured and their D isn't in the same class as the Bucs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Oct 2022 10:28
I see this game as very similar to last weeks game. The spread seems insane to me?? I just dont see this packers offense running away from the Pats D. I see a game where both defenses dominate.
We get it, you are overly pessimistic of this offense.

But a lot of things we knew would take time are starting to happen. Young WR’s stepping up, Aaron beginning to learn this new team, getting Elgton and David back.

This is the best version Cobb we’ve seen in a few years, Watson and Lazard both off the injury report entirely right now, Elgton and Bakh also no injury designation. This is pretty much our ideal offense right now, still growing, geling and healing. But this is at home with with our preferred O against a much lesser opponent. I’ll be a bit disappointed if we don’t put up at least 24.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Bogey wrote:
01 Oct 2022 06:59
jglovia wrote:
I won’t be working Sunday — first home game I’ve missed working in 8 years. But hope we can meet up this season. Our work assignments don’t match up very well, but ….
Ah man I was hoping to meet up with you. But we will for sure sometime this year. I'm usually at every CBS or FOX game some NBC and hopefully Amazon soon

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
01 Oct 2022 13:20
Drj820 wrote:

But a lot of things we knew would take time are starting to happen. Young WR’s stepping up, Aaron beginning to learn this new team, getting Elgton and David back.

This is the best version Cobb we’ve seen in a few years, Watson and Lazard both off the injury report entirely right now, Elgton and Bakh also no injury designation. This is pretty much our ideal offense right now, still growing, geling and healing. But this is at home with with our preferred O against a much lesser opponent. I’ll be a bit disappointed if we don’t put up at least 24.
:clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Overly pessimistic by predicting a victory? Interesting.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Kiondre Thomas is suiting up tomorrow which likely means Jaw will sit this one out.

I agree. I expect at least 24 points.

Honestly we were a yard and a horrible flag away from getting 24 last week.

I expect a huge game from Aaron Jones.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

The packers have 1 touchdown in the second half this season of games and ten total points in the second half and Im “overly pessimistic” while predicting a victory. Much interesting. Try putting the Pom Poms down for a second.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Oct 2022 17:47
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

The packers have 1 touchdown in the second half this season of games and ten total points in the second half and Im “overly pessimistic” while predicting a victory. Much interesting. Try putting the Pom Poms down for a second.
If there was ever a game with hints of a full blow out it's this game, you are being pessimistic, not only is our defense geared to hold NE to 10 points or less, our offense is about ready to make a statement, we have a very good running attack and our receivers are getting healthy, and we are at home in prime time, what more could we ask for?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Let's put the money where the mouth is then. 7 is the over/under. I'll take the over.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
01 Oct 2022 18:36
Drj820 wrote:
01 Oct 2022 17:47
BF004 wrote:

If there was ever a game with hints of a full blow out it's this game, you are being pessimistic, not only is our defense geared to hold NE to 10 points or less, our offense is about ready to make a statement, we have a very good running attack and our receivers are getting healthy, and we are at home in prime time, what more could we ask for?
Is it pessimistic to just have an opinion that the game will be defensive and we will win? Because that’s my stance. I respect the Pats d a lot.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I would say it’s pessimistic when I’d guesstimate roughly 75% of your posts are directly or indirectly related to our offense not being good enough to your liking.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
01 Oct 2022 19:30
I would say it’s pessimistic when I’d guesstimate roughly 75% of your posts are directly or indirectly related to our offense not being good enough to your liking.
Apologies for predicting we win a defensive slug fest. Il edit my prediction to reflect the kind of posts you prefer to see on here.

Packers score on every drive. Win 76-0. GO PACK

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

jglovia wrote:
01 Oct 2022 16:28
Bogey wrote:
01 Oct 2022 06:59
jglovia wrote:
Ah man I was hoping to meet up with you. But we will for sure sometime this year. I'm usually at every CBS or FOX game some NBC and hopefully Amazon soon
I’ll be working all the rest of the games, including the NFCCG. :banana: :banana:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff