Week 4 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Josh Allen threw an interception the first drive. Baltimore has it first and goal at the 4 yard with they scored a touchdown.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Just saw Vike's Lewis Cine's ankle injury on twitter. Not going to post it. pretty gruesome.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
02 Oct 2022 19:00
Just saw Vike's Lewis Cine's ankle injury on twitter. Not going to post it. pretty gruesome.
Is it ankle or leg? Two sources are saying different things. The coach said leg. The press said ankle. Yeah, it looked bad.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

so, ummm, is Matt Stafford randomly terrible now?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Oct 2022 21:56
Now?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
04 Oct 2022 06:19
YoHoChecko wrote:
Now?
He used to be good statistically, but throw some random bonehead balls... like Kirk Cousins.

But having him on a fantasy team has alerted me to the fact that he is actually not good at anything this season.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2022 08:34
BF004 wrote:
04 Oct 2022 06:19
YoHoChecko wrote:
Now?
He used to be good statistically, but throw some random bonehead balls... like Kirk Cousins.

But having him on a fantasy team has alerted me to the fact that he is actually not good at anything this season.
He did lead the NFL in INTs last year. I have had him on and off over the years and he really is just a marginal QB who caught lightning in a bottle last year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Oct 2022 08:38
He did lead the NFL in INTs last year. I have had him on and off over the years and he really is just a marginal QB who caught lightning in a bottle last year.
Hidden by the fact that he probably could have caught lightning in a bottle at other various points during his career, but was burdened by complete garbage teams around him. He wasn't the problem in Detroit, obviously, but at times he wasn't necessarily part of the solution, either.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
04 Oct 2022 09:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Oct 2022 08:38
Hidden by the fact that he probably could have caught lightning in a bottle at other various points during his career, but was burdened by complete garbage teams around him. He wasn't the problem in Detroit, obviously, but at times he wasn't necessarily part of the solution, either.
100%
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Stafford is a highly rated QB and should be. He is probably in that top 5 to top 7 realm the past decade.

However I don't look at him as a premium QB worthy of a SB and I don't and didn't view the Rams as that either. The Packers were the big brother to the Rams just as the 49ers were the big brother to us.

And we proved it twice. The Rams had nothing for us as we completely dominated both games.

It's just the randomness of the NFL playoffs suck. It does kind of crappy to see the Giants and Rams having a combined 3 SBs when the Packers were the superior team in all those seasons.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2022 09:58
I think Stafford is a highly rated QB and should be. He is probably in that top 5 to top 7 realm the past decade.

However I don't look at him as a premium QB worthy of a SB and I don't and didn't view the Rams as that either. The Packers were the big brother to the Rams just as the 49ers were the big brother to us.

And we proved it twice. The Rams had nothing for us as we completely dominated both games.

It's just the randomness of the NFL playoffs suck. It does kind of crappy to see the Giants and Rams having a combined 3 SBs when the Packers were the superior team in all those seasons.
to many variables, it's all about how players match up in the play schemes designed per game, the Giants beat us because we showed up for that game far to dependent on a spread vertical pass scheme that required for the QB to hold the ball to long against one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league, if thats not a recipe for disaster I'd like to know what is, we couldn't run against them either and the defense wasn't anywhere near as good as it had been just a year prior, and ST's, we lets not even get into that lol.

just as with this Giants game Sunday, when we scheme to stop the run we can be as good at that as most other teams, but it takes that type of game plan.

Barry as most DC's know, just how much more important it is to stop the pass, it is rare for a team to consistently move the chains running the ball, we get all googly eyed when we do it, when our blocking is getting it done our RB's are two of the best in the league, not many teams can brag like we can about our Rb's