Patriots @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 2nd, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Oct 2022 20:04

We’ve played two great defenses in a row. Things get easier from here.
Plus we got some hard luck in this one: first Rodgers poor 1st half, the non-call of delay of game and then Doubs not securing the TD catch…and we still did beat NE.

It just looks very promising. Unfortunately in another multiverse I feel for the fans bc there Rodgers got traded and with Love this team is 0-4. 8-)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

New England is not a great defense this year. They are a competent one, but not much more. That first half Rodgers just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Glad he got out of his funk.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Whether packers fans want to admit it or not, the offense is pretty one dimensional at this point in the season. Everything stems from the run game, and then things can open up further down the field from there.

While the pats d may not be great at stopping all offenses, especially offendes that are multi faceted...the pats are very well equipped to slow down a limited offense...which we totally are, at this point.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I thought our ariel attack would be more successful today.

Jenkins in mind needs to go back to Guard. I don't see how we can get much worse at RT. This is now three games in a row he has done poorly.

At some point the offense will click. Just don't know when. It's not a surprise they are struggling though I thought today would be better. Rodgers was bad again. That pick 6 was absolutely uncalled for and kept them in the game.

Defense did okay. Held em to 17 points but was disappointed on allowing that final TD drive.

Overall, a win is a win. I ain't gonna apologize for wins this time of year. Just win them.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s nice to have reliable STs

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Oct 2022 22:59
Punt and kick return coverage was really bad today.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Oct 2022 20:40
New England is not a great defense this year. They are a competent one, but not much more. That first half Rodgers just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Glad he got out of his funk.
Maybe. But a third-string QB almost beat the Packers. What does that say about the Packer's defense?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Oct 2022 23:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
Maybe. But a third-string QB almost beat the Packers. What does that say about the Packer's defense?
Your reply is nonsensical in respond to my post...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
I thought our STs sucked today. I mean they gave the ball at the 49 yardline in OT and ruined a shot at a hail mary at the end of regulation.

Today was a poor performance.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Oct 2022 23:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
wouldn't have been close if the refs didn't act like paid off game point controllers, constant OL holding not called, and when will the mega dollar NFL take clock management out of the responsibility of these paid for officials.

don't you have some viking forum to attend to?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 07:23
Drj820 wrote:
I thought our STs sucked today. I mean they gave the ball at the 49 yardline in OT and ruined a shot at a hail mary at the end of regulation.

still better then the crap we've had prior, some of this had to do with superior performance of NE's ST's play

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man what a fun game to go to.

I feel like the attitude in the stadium was a lot more positive than I've been seeing in the media, tv, post game stuff whatever. Pure jubilation in the stands.

That was a nice gritty comeback win against a Billy Belichick team.

Kind of nice to see this team respond to some adversity and make the plays they needed to get the win. Couple of clutch drives by the offense to get the TD and setup the FG in OT, couple of clutch stops by the D when needed, special teams comes through when we need them.

I don't know, I guess I just see the potential of everything there with this team. Once Bak, Elgton and Romeo get their feet under them here, I just really like where the O is headed. D just needs a bit more consistency yet, but really held them to 17, don't care the QB, you hold anyone to 17 points in 4.5 quarters, you are doing your job in the end.

Awesome game.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 07:54
go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 07:23
Drj820 wrote:

still better then the crap we've had prior, some of this had to do with superior performance of NE's ST's play
Ya NE is one of the best STs in the league. We held our own and once again didnt lose a close game due to STs. We pinned them down on the one with a punt and made a stress free game winning FG. HUGE improvement.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I tell ya what. That sure didn’t FEEL like 444 yards of offense. It was. But it didn’t feel like it.

Doubs was the other kind of goat yesterday. The fumble and dropped TD were both huge swings.

Rodgers’ pick six (as well as missing open guys on easy flat and short routes early) continues a concerning number of mistakes this year by the MVP

A win is a win is a win but honestly my post game mod didn’t rise to the level of a win. The team has a lot to figure out and/or come together yet. There’s time, but there’s uncertainty.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I was at the game so I read some twitter from some of the trustworthy guys to confirm my feelings afterwards.

- Rodgers was off and needs to be more consistent. Long season and I think he'll be fine.

- Defense gave up 17 against a 3 string QB. Yikes, but Amos being out didn't help and just need to be more consistent with the run defense.

- More carries to Aaron Jones. As much as I love Dillon, he's just not feeling it or getting the blocking yet.

- The sky isn't falling. Yes the game was frustrating, but these are the kinds of games great teams pull out at the end.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:04
I tell ya what. That sure didn’t FEEL like 444 yards of offense. It was. But it didn’t feel like it.

Doubs was the other kind of goat yesterday. The fumble and dropped TD were both huge swings.

Rodgers’ pick six (as well as missing open guys on easy flat and short routes early) continues a concerning number of mistakes this year by the MVP

A win is a win is a win but honestly my post game mod didn’t rise to the level of a win. The team has a lot to figure out and/or come together yet. There’s time, but there’s uncertainty.
Luckily we have the schedule the next 3 weeks to help figure this stuff out.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:06
I was at the game so I read some twitter from some of the trustworthy guys to confirm my feelings afterwards.

- Rodgers was off and needs to be more consistent. Long season and I think he'll be fine.

- Defense gave up 17 against a 3 string QB. Yikes, but Amos being out didn't help and just need to be more consistent with the run defense.

- More carries to Aaron Jones. As much as I love Dillon, he's just not feeling it or getting the blocking yet.

- The sky isn't falling. Yes the game was frustrating, but these are the kinds of games great teams pull out at the end.
not just you, but people are saying we almost lost to a 3rd string rookie QB, when actually we almost lost because of some of the worst officiating ever, tons of OL holding allowed them to rumble for 165 yards on the ground, granted we can blame our DL for not shedding some blocks and allowing OL to manipulate them, but officials need to do a better job, same with that clock management, the NFL needs to do something cause that looks deliberate, looks corrupt, it tells fans the games are fixed, or at least the scoring is.
there QB did a pretty good job, but he wasn't the main reason this game was close.