Here's Johnny!! (Is Pat a patriot if Pat riots?) NE Wk4

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Working night shift. Will post a list of candidates when I get off work.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
29 Sep 2022 14:01
Doubs goes bonkers, and solidifies himself as WR1, and the Packers are safe as WR.

Romeo Doubs.
He just fumbled. Vince is livid

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Just keeping you all informed
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Allen Lazard
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm voting Gary. He was absolutely a game wrecker. Allan Lazard is on deck.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Laxard
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I obviously want to pick Gary but can't. He was great in the 1st half, but the Pat's did a good job in the 2nd half.

My vote goes to Lazard. Came up with a big game and big in key moments.

Honorable mention to Aaron Jones.
RIP JustJeff

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

I was worried that being the WR1 that Lazard wouldn't be as interested in blocking. But I saw him make a couple of real nice blocks - including a critical one springing Jones for a long gain. Only saw the first half so not going to vote yet.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Gotta give it to an offensive player this week owing to the defense's performance against a 3rd string QB. I'll take Lazard this week.

OK ............. there is and will never be any concrete or subjective evidence that a defensive player should not have been picked in last week's low scoring win over the Buccaneers. PLOP!! Looking for a reversal ala Majik to Sharpe vs. Da Bears.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Lazard, Gary, and Jones all with standout performances even by their standards. Lazard almost 20 yards per catch, Jones almost 7 per carry.

Gotta give it to Gary, though. Just too dominant: two sacks, lots of pressure (one of which arguably set up the sack by Reed), one of our top five tacklers, and the kicker: forced a turnover *and* recovered it. One of his best games.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I expect good games from Gary, this was extra good, so he gets my vote.

I didn't expect Lazard to have a 100 plus yards, so it's hard to not give this to him, Jones again sets the tone for our offense, both deserve game balls, but Gary was just to dominate, and he was held plenty just like the rest of our DL, the officiating in the NFL is at a all time worst.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Good supporting evidence for what it seems like we were all already thinking.

I vote Gary.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Gary is a game wrecker, he played well all around so he gets my vote.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Gary. The guy had a strip-sack-recovery AND knocked out their QB. That's the definition of elite.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:01

I didn't expect Lazard to have a 100 plus yards, so it's hard to not give this to him, Jones again sets the tone for our offense, both deserve game balls, but Gary was just to dominate, and he was held plenty just like the rest of our DL, the officiating in the NFL is at a all time worst.
Agreed.

I don't care level of expectation. Whenever a player single handely takes over and dominates a game...he is the winner in Here's Johnny. Gary was that yesterday. Especially the first half.

It was a shame Rodgers essentially negated all the hard work Gary did before halftime with his ridiculous pick 6. I think that was the worst play I have ever seen from #12.

But when everyone on the team only has 1 pressure or less and then Gary has 5 pressures with only like 15 drop backs...holy smokes.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 13:13
Yoop wrote:

Agreed.

I don't care level of expectation. Whenever a player single handely takes over and dominates a game...he is the winner in Here's Johnny. Gary was that yesterday. Especially the first half.

It was a shame Rodgers essentially negated all the hard work Gary did before halftime with his ridiculous pick 6. I think that was the worst play I have ever seen from #12.

But when everyone on the team only has 1 pressure or less and then Gary has 5 pressures with only like 15 drop backs...holy smokes.
agreed, some don't think I like Gary because he wasn't my choice on draft day, but it had far more to do with the position he plays then Gary the player.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Gary

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 13:36
go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 13:13
Yoop wrote:

Agreed.

agreed, some don't think I like Gary because he wasn't my choice on draft day, but it had far more to do with the position he plays then Gary the player.
Oh I think everyone understood you didn't mind the player after he started showing flashes.

The absolute foundation of why I make fun of your Gary situation is to point out the ridiculousness of drafting for position or "immediate impact" which has been your primary stance of not liking the pick. The Gary situation is the exact definition in my eyes of just being joyous when you draft an elite player - especially at a premium position. Whether it happens in Year 2 or Year 3/4...an elite player at a premium position is unbelievable to have.

And Gary is transcending into an elite player. He and Alexander are trending into foundational cornerstone draft picks for any GM. And those are good ones to be foundational cornerstones.
Yoop wrote:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Gary
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff