Patriots @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 2nd, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:20
Acrobat wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:06
I was at the game so I read some twitter from some of the trustworthy guys to confirm my feelings afterwards.

- Rodgers was off and needs to be more consistent. Long season and I think he'll be fine.

- Defense gave up 17 against a 3 string QB. Yikes, but Amos being out didn't help and just need to be more consistent with the run defense.

- More carries to Aaron Jones. As much as I love Dillon, he's just not feeling it or getting the blocking yet.

- The sky isn't falling. Yes the game was frustrating, but these are the kinds of games great teams pull out at the end.
not just you, but people are saying we almost lost to a 3rd string rookie QB, when actually we almost lost because of some of the worst officiating ever, tons of OL holding allowed them to rumble for 165 yards on the ground, granted we can blame our DL for not shedding some blocks and allowing OL to manipulate them, but officials need to do a better job, same with that clock management, the NFL needs to do something cause that looks deliberate, looks corrupt, it tells fans the games are fixed, or at least the scoring is.
there QB did a pretty good job, but he wasn't the main reason this game was close.
This is the first I've heard of the officiating. I did see another play though where the play clock obviously ran out. I'm not sure what's going on this year but the league needs to figure it out for sure.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I was at the game so I read some twitter from some of the trustworthy guys to confirm my feelings afterwards.

- Rodgers was off and needs to be more consistent. Long season and I think he'll be fine.

- Defense gave up 17 against a 3 string QB. Yikes, but Amos being out didn't help and just need to be more consistent with the run defense.

- More carries to Aaron Jones. As much as I love Dillon, he's just not feeling it or getting the blocking yet.

- The sky isn't falling. Yes the game was frustrating, but these are the kinds of games great teams pull out at the end.
not just you, but people are saying we almost lost to a 3rd string rookie QB, when actually we almost lost because of some of the worst officiating ever, tons of OL holding allowed them to rumble for 165 yards on the ground, granted we can blame our DL for not shedding some blocks and allowing OL to manipulate them, but officials need to do a better job, same with that clock management, the NFL needs to do something cause that looks deliberate, looks corrupt, it tells fans the games are fixed, or at least the scoring is.
there QB did a pretty good job, but he wasn't the main reason this game was close.
I agree that there was some missed holding calls on that final NE TD drive. And honestly one holding call makes this a non game.

My overall sense of the Packers if the following:

1. Overall I am very pleased where the team is at. I think we have a great group for exception of:

2. Aaron Rodgers - lordy. This is now 4 weeks in a row. And it almost appears to be getting worse.

3. Elgton Jenkins - same thing. I know he has gone against elite rushers but he is getting smoked at RT. I'd rather put him at guard and dominate at guard. This needs to be watched closely.

4. Occasional defensive lapses. It seems to be a drive per game. The long MN TD drive. The final Bears TD drive. None vs Tampa at the fault of the players. The final TD drive vs NE.

Other than that I think this team is doing fantastic.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:26
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I agree that there was some missed holding calls on that final NE TD drive. And honestly one holding call makes this a non game.

1. Overall I am very pleased where the team is at. I think we have a great group for exception of:

2. Aaron Rodgers - lordy. This is now 4 weeks in a row. And it almost appears to be getting worse.

3. Elgton Jenkins - same thing. I know he has gone against elite rushers but he is getting smoked at RT. I'd rather put him at guard and dominate at guard. This needs to be watched closely.

4. Occasional defensive lapses. It seems to be a drive per game. The long MN TD drive. The final Bears TD drive. None vs Tampa at the fault of the players. The final TD drive vs NE.

This. The miss to Watson on the swing pass was awful, and then the Pick 6. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be an issue with his physical skills diminishing. Just making uncharacteristic mistakes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 07:51
Raptorman wrote:
02 Oct 2022 23:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Oct 2022 20:40
New England is not a great defense this year. They are a competent one, but not much more. That first half Rodgers just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Glad he got out of his funk.
Maybe. But a third-string QB almost beat the Packers. What does that say about the Packer's defense?
wouldn't have been close if the refs didn't act like paid off game point controllers, constant OL holding not called, and when will the mega dollar NFL take clock management out of the responsibility of these paid for officials.

don't you have some viking forum to attend to?
Boy, that's rich. Something the Packers have been famously getting away with for years and you're calling it out? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they learned how to cover their holds not to call on a regular basis. But for a Packer fan to be bitching about the other team's OL holding is priceless.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:55
Maybe even as good as Detroit's. :banana:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Oct 2022 09:11
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Maybe. But a third-string QB almost beat the Packers. What does that say about the Packer's defense?
wouldn't have been close if the refs didn't act like paid off game point controllers, constant OL holding not called, and when will the mega dollar NFL take clock management out of the responsibility of these paid for officials.

Boy, that's rich. Something the Packers have been famously getting away with for years and you're calling it out? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they learned how to cover their holds not to call on a regular basis. But for a Packer fan to be bitching about the other team's OL holding is priceless.
Packer Ol men watch vikings game film to hone there holding skills

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Oct 2022 09:11
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

:rotf: Yikes Vikes!! This week you're no regular raptor... Vikes' 3-1 record has created a laser raptor!
_
image.png
image.png (348.9 KiB) Viewed 409 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 08:26
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I must have counted 4 or 5 obvious holding on Gary, Clark alone.

Rodgers has played well below his ability in every game, again on some of these misses he looks to purposely throw to a spot, when he could easily just throw to where the receiver is, specially so on the shorter throws, I got a laugh out of Romos comment that he's teaching these young receivers, the only thing he's teaching them is that he'll sacrifice a reception in order to make a point that the receivers need to be at the pitch point, he needs to compromise a bit as he does with Lazard and Cobb

agree Jenkins is struggling at T, maybe he still doesn't trust his knee, whatever, he looks slow footed out in space, not sure though if we have anyone better to play RT

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 09:37

agree Jenkins is struggling at T, maybe he still doesn't trust his knee, whatever, he looks slow footed out in space, not sure though if we have anyone better to play RT
Jenkins has never played RT before. I think it could also just be he isn't suited for RT but we assume he is because he played every other spot pretty well.

Honestly I would rather have a freaking good RG, LG and take your lumps with Tom at RT. Jenkins has been so bad that a drop off to Tom wouldn't likely be huge.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Both of these statements are true.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Tale of 2 halves

Aaron Rodgers in the 1st half: 4 of 11, 44 yards, 2 1Ds, 1 Pick 6.
Aaron Rodgers in the 2nd half & OT: 17 of 24, 207 yards, 10 1Ds, 2 TDs.

The offense is there when Rodgers is on. The success of the passing game runs through him, as it should. Jenkins struggled at RT against Judon. Doubs was boom or bust. Running game was a force all game long. Dillon finally brought it in OT. Jones was very good all game long, minus the time he got thrown by a DB.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Oct 2022 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2022 09:39
Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 09:37

Jenkins has never played RT before. I think it could also just be he isn't suited for RT but we assume he is because he played every other spot pretty well.

Honestly I would rather have a freaking good RG, LG and take your lumps with Tom at RT. Jenkins has been so bad that a drop off to Tom wouldn't likely be huge.
could be that the right side is a tougher transition for Elkton, he looked good at LT till hurt last year,

I think I'd try Nijman at RT before Toms, move Jenkins back to LG and let Runyan and Newman battle it out for RG.

I havn't looked at Run gap snaps, but always felt we do best stretching the tackle gaps ( B and C ) so quality blocking from our tackles is a must, back in 2020 I thought the combo of Jenkins and Bakh was very good.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Took overtime to win a game where we clearly had the better roster and were at home. Was nothing to be excited about, but one can happy that we won.

I would like to see the amount of possessions in this game compared to an average game, because I think due to both teams having so many quick possessions that both teams had more chances to score than most games.

Survive and advance, which is good. But the offense was very much a struggle session...albeit against a good defense.

The O has a lot to figure out, but its nice to be figuring stuff out while at 3-1.

Jenkins should be moved to RG as soon as possible. Wish we had kept Turner so that could happen next week. Not only could the OL use a dominate interior presence next to meyers, we can pay him less if he doesnt think he is a tackle.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Oct 2022 10:09
Took overtime to win a game where we clearly had the better roster and were at home. Was nothing to be excited about, but one can happy that we won.

I would like to see the amount of possessions in this game compared to an average game, because I think due to both teams having so many quick possessions that both teams had more chances to score than most games.

Survive and advance, which is good. But the offense was very much a struggle session...albeit against a good defense.

The O has a lot to figure out, but its nice to be figuring stuff out while at 3-1.

Jenkins should be moved to RG as soon as possible. Wish we had kept Turner so that could happen next week. Not only could the OL use a dominate interior presence next to meyers, we can pay him less if he doesnt think he is a tackle.
why RG he was a PB LG, why not move him back there? has Jenkins even played RG? just because a guy is good on the left side doesn't mean he'll be good on the right.

I thought he played well filling in for Bahk at LT, when I watch his foot work at RT it appears to me that is what he struggles with, so this could surely be a left/right side thing, why so many people discount just how hard a switch from one side to the other can be is baffling to me, everything is the complete opposite.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Patriots are 22nd in points per game and 19th in yards per game. They came into the game 19th and 10th respectively.

The offense struggled in the first half because we could not get our passing game going with 44 passing yards on 4 of 11 passing. 88 yards in the run game. The 2nd half and OT we got it together and took it to that "good" defense with 17 of 24 passing and 207 yards. We added 111 yards on the ground for a total of 318 yards of offense in the 2nd half and OT. We took it to them after we got our head out of our ass in the passing game.

Our defense did OK in the first half holding them to 68 yards passing and 74 yards rushing for a total of 142 yards, 56 of which came on the first drive. After their first drive, their drive yardage totals look like this: 4 yards, 2 yards, 11 yards, 29 yards, 19 yards. The 2nd half was also OK by the defense with 68 yards passing and 93 yards rushing for a total of 162 yards. However those first 2 drives of the half sucked. A 7 play 75 yard drive for a TD and a 7 play 66 yard drive for a TD. After that it was a 1 yard drive, a 9 yard drive, and a 5 yard drive. Albeit, it should not have even been remotely that "easy" for the Patriots who were playing with their 3rd string QB.

Packers had 10 drives outside of OT and the 1 play drives at the end of each half. Against the Vikings they had 10. Against the Bears they had 9. Against the Bucs they had 11.

Not a win to be overly excited about, but there are glimpses of very good things. I would say the only really worrying thing at this point is our run defense. In 3 out of 4 games they have not been good and there should not be a talent excuse for it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2022 10:43
Drj820 wrote:
03 Oct 2022 10:09

why RG he was a PB LG, why not move him back there? has Jenkins even played RG? just because a guy is good on the left side doesn't mean he'll be good on the right.

I thought he played well filling in for Bahk at LT, when I watch his foot work at RT it appears to me that is what he struggles with, so this could surely be a left/right side thing, why so many people discount just how hard a switch from one side to the other can be is baffling to me, everything is the complete opposite.
i meant LG, my b.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff