2022 WR's

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Week 1 WRs on 53

Sammy Watkins
14%
Randall Cobb
14%
Alan Lazard
14%
Christian Watson
9%
Christian Watson (on PUP)
4%
Romeo Doubs
15%
Juwann Winfree
10%
Amari Rodgers
12%
Malik Taylor
No votes
Danny Davis
1%
Ishmael Hyman
1%
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 181

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lake shark wrote:
05 Oct 2022 12:01
Drj820 wrote:
05 Oct 2022 11:38
MVS and Watson May prove to be comparable in terms of being able to catch the ball, but they don’t look the same at all in terms of athleticism. MVS is clunky and straight line or bust. Watson is smooth smooth. Fluid.
Watson is pretty straight line at the moment. Example in the Bears game he took the first jet sweep and just ran fast into a defender and got smucked. The camera panned to Rodgers and he had a wry grin. Doubs is much more the short pass guy who can make defenders miss right now.
I went, awe shucks :rotf: he may have gained another yrd or two cutting inside ( if memory is accurate) I think the guy that tackled him had run support on the outside though.

we simply have not seen enough of Watson to think he is a straight line player

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Odell indicates he wants to play with rodgers vía emojis on Twitter. Negligence if we don’t get the deal done at this point.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Oct 2022 16:36
Odell indicates he wants to play with rodgers vía emojis on Twitter. Negligence if we don’t get the deal done at this point.
How is his health these days?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
05 Oct 2022 17:03
Drj820 wrote:
05 Oct 2022 16:36
How is his health these days?
Hes Ñot ready to go just yet. He’s rehabbing a knee injury. Expects to be cleared before the end of the season. I want him for a playoff run. Cant hurt.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Soon to be 30 year old had surgery for ACL on Feb. 23rd
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Oct 2022 17:35
Soon to be 30 year old had surgery for ACL on Feb. 23rd
He was in the same draft class as Sammy and Davante.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Yoop wrote:
05 Oct 2022 13:12
lake shark wrote:
05 Oct 2022 12:01
Drj820 wrote:
05 Oct 2022 11:38
MVS and Watson May prove to be comparable in terms of being able to catch the ball, but they don’t look the same at all in terms of athleticism. MVS is clunky and straight line or bust. Watson is smooth smooth. Fluid.
Watson is pretty straight line at the moment. Example in the Bears game he took the first jet sweep and just ran fast into a defender and got smucked. The camera panned to Rodgers and he had a wry grin. Doubs is much more the short pass guy who can make defenders miss right now.
I went, awe shucks :rotf: he may have gained another yrd or two cutting inside ( if memory is accurate) I think the guy that tackled him had run support on the outside though.

we simply have not seen enough of Watson to think he is a straight line player
Agreed. It’s clear he has uber potential, we are likely to see a lot of improvement once the pro game settles down for him.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

What do yall think now? Passing offense pretty anemic nowadays. I'm fine with staying the course or trying to get someone else, either way. I heard someone mention trading for Keenan Allen, which I would support I think.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Reality is that in a couple more games (trade deadline), it may be time to consider a fire sale of assets as opposed to adding more assets. I fully expect 12 to retire after this year, instead of burning some draft picks for a rental WR it may be time to collect some assets by giving Amos and others a headstart on their next location.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 08:02
Reality is that in a couple more games (trade deadline), it may be time to consider a fire sale of assets as opposed to adding more assets. I fully expect 12 to retire after this year, instead of burning some draft picks for a rental WR it may be time to collect some assets by giving Amos and others a headstart on their next location.
I agree.

Last offseason I was ready to move on. The Packers kept it together with mortgages and I got excited at a shot at another ring. It looks like my expectation was wrong.

I expected the offense to struggle but I expected the defense and run game to carry us through the cupcake portion of our schedule.

Instead, our offense is a true liability and the defense can only play one good half of dominant football and then completely falls apart the other half. This would be good enough with an offense that can put up 24+ points but it is not good enough with this offense being a liability.

We are legitimately 2 plays away from being 1-5.

There is still time to turn this around, but the reality also remains that we have some brutal games coming up and losing at least 3 more games by December is very, very likely.

It's crazy how razor thin the NFL is but that is our reality right now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 08:23
Drj820 wrote:
I agree.

Last offseason I was ready to move on. The Packers kept it together with mortgages and I got excited at a shot at another ring. It looks like my expectation was wrong.

I expected the offense to struggle but I expected the defense and run game to carry us through the cupcake portion of our schedule.

Instead, our offense is a true liability and the defense can only play one good half of dominant football and then completely falls apart the other half. This would be good enough with an offense that can put up 24+ points but it is not good enough with this offense being a liability.

There is still time to turn this around, but the reality also remains that we have some brutal games coming up and losing at least 3 more games by December is very, very likely.

We're literally like...few plays away from being 5-1 too.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Trudge wrote:
17 Oct 2022 08:37
go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 08:23
Drj820 wrote:
I agree.

We're literally like...few plays away from being 5-1 too.
yep, far to early to throw in the towel, another loss and some will start the tanking for draft slotting banter.

get this OL to block a little better, and every thing improves, give Rodgers and the receivers a bit more time, open the run lanes a little more, all isn't lost just yet.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

This team is supposed to compete against Buffalo, Philly, and MM's Cowboys? :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

texas wrote:
17 Oct 2022 01:23
What do yall think now? Passing offense pretty anemic nowadays. I'm fine with staying the course or trying to get someone else, either way. I heard someone mention trading for Keenan Allen, which I would support I think.
My hope was they would adjust to a more run-based attack out of necessity. I am no longer hopeful of that. I think they will stubbornly try to run the offense like they've got guys like Adams and MVS to throw to despite having neither of them around. Rodgers does not want to take a backseat to the RBs (his ego is too big) and LaFleur either lacks the vision to see what must be done -or- he does but can't get Rodgers to adopt it (it's probably the lack of vision), which ultimately makes LaFleur the problem.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If they insist to play this way, then why bother giving Jones a big second contract and using a 2 on Dillon?

Why even bother rostering them? Trade them for these oh-so-vital WRs for Rodgers to throw to and give those carries to Tyler Goodson. Then at least the run-to-pass ratio will make sense (Goodson not getting that many carries won't be offensive, Rodgers throwing a lot will be justifiable).

The result will be the same as always, Rodgers will fall apart in the playoffs when we face a team that takes his toys away, again, as reliably as Favre throwing the game away with an INT... but hey man, the highlight reel throws are gonna be "lit" as the kids say.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Labrev wrote:
17 Oct 2022 14:20
texas wrote:
17 Oct 2022 01:23
My hope was they would adjust to a more run-based attack out of necessity. I am no longer hopeful of that. I think they will stubbornly try to run the offense like they've got guys like Adams and MVS to throw to despite having neither of them around. Rodgers does not want to take a backseat to the RBs (his ego is too big) and LaFleur either lacks the vision to see what must be done -or- he does but can't get Rodgers to adopt it (it's probably the lack of vision), which ultimately makes LaFleur the problem.
I guess I think that it's a long season and they still have time to adjust in this manner. I wouldn't say I am hopeful, but I don't think it's out of the question yet by any means either.

I also continue to think that Doubs is not elite, nor is anyone else with the possible exception of Watson. Am I willing to continue to struggle with the hopes that they get it together in time for the playoffs (and win enough along the way to make the playoffs), rather than give in and feed the compulsion to get a stud WR? Yeah, I think I am, but I also wouldn't be too disappointed if we traded for an elite player like McLaurin or DJ Moore or Keenan Allen, or signed Odell.

Every game now I look at WRs make catches that our guys just don't make. Hell, even Noah Brown last night on Dallas made a catch that I just don't see our guys being able to make. We could even go get their #3 WR and he would be our #1. I even saw a guy on Tennessee (the Volunteers, not the Titans) make some catches against Alabama that our guys don't make.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/gameday/ ... ch-vs-jets

That's a hell of a catch and throw.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 18:21

The Doubs reach out catch on the crosser was phenomenal too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 18:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 18:21

The Doubs reach out catch on the crosser was phenomenal too.
It was!

Here are the "highlights" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcjsQZGXr9k

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I would be pretty surprised if we don't go out and get a WR this week. The juxtaposition of an actual NFL WR Terry McLaurin making several tough catches alongside our college-caliber WRs dropping several important passes just made it too glaringly obvious for BG to continue to sit on his hands.

Supposedly we're looking at Chase Claypool, who I would rather stay away from. I think he would be more of the same. Would much rather have Diontae Johnson or Pickens if we're going to Pittsburgh. Also Brandin Cooks or Keenan Allen are some names I like.

Or hell, just undo the Davante trade. It's not working for both teams.