2020 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Surprised Gronk lasted that long. Also surprised carp took him and some of you other guys didn't. I think this league, as a whole, undervalues the TE position a bit. And I say that, knowing the Deguara pick is coming through soon.

Read More. Post Less.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I have a guy I wouldn’t mind snagging before waivers. I’ll give a next year 4th for a this year 4th at any point as long as he’s available.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
10 Jul 2020 06:37
Surprised Gronk lasted that long. Also surprised carp took him and some of you other guys didn't. I think this league, as a whole, undervalues the TE position a bit. And I say that, knowing the Deguara pick is coming through soon.
I genuinely thought tat's who you and Packfntk were trying to grab with your trade talk.

I'm just glad he didn't go to MadCity or the Tyrants since their rosters are both pretty darn stacked as it is.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Jul 2020 08:14
NCF wrote:
10 Jul 2020 06:37
I genuinely thought tat's who you and Packfntk were trying to grab with your trade talk.

I'm just glad he didn't go to MadCity or the Tyrants since their rosters are both pretty darn stacked as it is.
Eh, I figured I have Kelce, Cook, Goedert, Jonnu right now. Gronk was totally on my radar, but a slowed down Gronk for 1 year in an offense that has a ton of targets to go around kind of scared me away. Took a chance on a talented QB that I can sit on for a couple years instead.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

19 hours on the clock. I have no plans on this fine Friday night because my girlfriend and I just broke up, so at 10:15 Trudge gets Cole Kmet if there's no pick in

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Jul 2020 16:15
19 hours on the clock. I have no plans on this fine Friday night because my girlfriend and I just broke up, so at 10:15 Trudge gets Cole Kmet if there's no pick in
Sorry, if she was cool. Congratulations, if she was a bitch.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
10 Jul 2020 16:26
YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Jul 2020 16:15
Sorry, if she was cool. Congratulations, if she was a bitch.
:rotf: She's cool, but we're all good. But the point was, I'll be around tonight...

I'm also trying to trade for this pick if Trudge doesn't want it (because I have SIX players I want and only FIVE picks in the 4th round), so I'm not trying to bash him or be a $%@# about anything. Just pointing out the time and trying to move things along as co-commish semi-in-charge-of-the-draft

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

D’oh!! I wanted Moss but figured he wouldn’t last.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Moss has been in consideration for me at every pick since 20. Was REALLY hoping to go Moss-J.Kelley with these two picks.

I actually had Moss and Kelley ranked higher than Van Jefferson, but since there were two RBs left that I really wanted and Jefferson was the last WR left that I really wanted, I figured it was safer to take Jefferson at 29 and hope one or both of the RBs lasted to 33 than to take a RB at 33 and hope Jefferson slipped through to 33.

I had to take Ian Thomas now because I thought I remembered NCF really liking him in the draft

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So far, with picks 5, 10, 20, 29, 33, and 34 I have drafted the guys who ranked on my
personal draft board at 3, 4, 16, 18, 21, and 28.

Still actually have numbers 26 and 27 available

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Just ran that one up to the podium!! With my QB gone, I will take the #1 TE.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Moss was in play for me at 18.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

UGH, McFarland was the ONE guy left I was praying you wouldn't select [mention]Waldo[/mention]. Should have taken him before Ian Thomas. Buh. Needed that Connor handcuff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Jul 2020 12:47
UGH, McFarland was the ONE guy left I was praying you wouldn't select @Waldo. Should have taken him before Ian Thomas. Buh. Needed that Connor handcuff
The Thomas pick was a bit of a head scratcher when you took him.

Anyway, time for the rest of the [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] show.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
11 Jul 2020 13:02
YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Jul 2020 12:47
UGH, McFarland was the ONE guy left I was praying you wouldn't select @Waldo. Should have taken him before Ian Thomas. Buh. Needed that Connor handcuff
The Thomas pick was a bit of a head scratcher when you took him.

Anyway, time for the rest of the @YoHoChecko show.
This hurts particularly because I took him to avoid the chance that you did. :thwap:

Hopefully neither Thomas nor McFarland make me regret it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here's the final look at our draft classes!
image.png
image.png (30.87 KiB) Viewed 343 times
If I forgot anyone here or on your fleaflicker rosters, let me know.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Nice work everyone! Under a week, now we wait. I should do league positional ranking articles like in my other leagues.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Waivers run Monday? they all show locked as of right now.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Madcity_matt wrote:
11 Jul 2020 13:25
Waivers run Monday? they all show locked as of right now.
I figure we'll stick to the schedule to open them up next Monday. I know that's a silly amount of waiting, but we drafted quickly and I don't like deviating from schedules in a league where not everyone is paying attention all the time.

Waivers will open next Monday, the 20th, assuming I can remember how to make that work, haha

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Draft Superlatives:

Best Value

5. Zack Moss, pick 32, Trudge

4. Cole Kmet, pick 25, Pckfn23

3. D'Andre Swift, pick 11, Curdoisseurs

2. Jacob Eason, pick 28, NCF

1. Rob Gronkowski, pick 31, Curdoisseurs

Biggest Reaches

3. Justin Herbert, pick 3, Trudge

2. Antonio Gibson, pick 19, YoHo

1. Jordan Love, pick 7, Waldo

Best Overall Draft Classes

3. BF004: Tua, CeeDee Lamb, Jalen Reagor, Ke'Shaen Vaughn

2. Pckfn23: Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers, Bryan Edwards, Devin Duvernay, Cole Kmet

1. Curdoisseurs: Joe Burrow, D'Andre Swift, Denzel Mims, Rob Gronkowski

Best Top-Two

5. YoHo: Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs

4. MadCity: JK Dobbins, Michael Pittman

3. BF004: Tua, CeeDee Lamb

2. BackthePack: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Justin Jefferson

1. Curdoisseurs: Joe Burrow, D'Andre Swift

Most Patient Draft Class
Waldo: Jordan Love, KJ Hamler, Tyler Johnson, Anthony McFarland