Packers @ Giants GDT: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 8:30 AM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Kugler and Sanchez announcing this game. Hmmm? Who is Kugler any way? You've got me there. :dunno:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

JUGGLING ACT

Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard should feel right at home at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium thanks to his pregame routine in which he juggles a soccer ball with his feet.

''It's helping me focus,'' Lazard said. ''Especially when I started, I wasn't that talented or skilled. It required a lot more focus and just got my brain firing from that standpoint of locking in and details of how I was placing my foot to kick the ball and juggle it.''

I know I've said I hope we can do better then Lazard as a feature receiver, but I have to praise his work ethic, he is a whole lot better then he was the first couple years

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Oct 2022 08:55
JUGGLING ACT

Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard should feel right at home at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium thanks to his pregame routine in which he juggles a soccer ball with his feet.

''It's helping me focus,'' Lazard said. ''Especially when I started, I wasn't that talented or skilled. It required a lot more focus and just got my brain firing from that standpoint of locking in and details of how I was placing my foot to kick the ball and juggle it.''

I know I've said I hope we can do better then Lazard as a feature receiver, but I have to praise his work ethic, he is a whole lot better then he was the first couple years
I think the last two weeks he has strung together the best 8 quarters of his career in a row.

He was fantastic on Sunday.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Said it before the season and will say it again, Lazard is a solid starter in this league.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Why are NFL wide receivers nowadays so good, so soon after coming into the league?

The growth of spread offenses at every level of football played a big role in teams leaning on pass-catchers. With an influence from the college ranks, high school coaches began adopting more pass-heavy 11- or 10-personnel groupings (four wideouts with just one running back and/or no tight ends) to fuel their offenses over the past decade. Players began going to more 7-on-7 camps as well which fed into the pass-heavy practice approach. This eventually led to players being exposed to more pro-style schemes much earlier in their development.

For example, Cincinnati Bengals star Ja’Marr Chase learned how to play in a spread offense during his sophomore year in 2016 at Rummell High School in Metairie, Louisiana. Head coach Jay Roth switched from a run-oriented offense to a scheme similar to the one Mike Norvell ran at the University of Memphis at the time, with no-huddle, up-tempo plays incorporating a wide range of routes for pass-catchers.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-are-nf ... 52087.html

we all know the longer you do a thing, often the better you will become at doing it, I've been saying Rookie WR's can be good early, mostly because thats what we've seen from some the last 10 years, but the main reason for that is some are exposed to NFL style pass schemes at a very young age, good article.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Packers offense finally breaks out. Defense gets a pick 6.

Packers 41, Giants 13
Love is the answer…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
08 Oct 2022 14:41
'Said it before the season and will say it again, Lazard is a solid starter in this league.
I got plenty of crap the last few years defending Lazard. Glad people are finally realizing his value.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

no one liked lazard until they found out he could juggle a soccer ball. Now hes the coolest football player in europe.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Hey Sal, I hope having the game in London doesn’t mess with your sleep pattern….

Or maybe you’re in London!! :thwap:
GO PACK GO!!!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
09 Oct 2022 03:46
Hey Sal, I hope having the game in London doesn’t mess with your sleep pattern….

Or maybe you’re in London!! :thwap:
I.wish I was in London... 💂

But for once working night shift comes in handy, catching the game that starts 16:30 my time is easy.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazy kickoff is in like two hours, don’t even got my first coffee down yet.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We are healthy. Nice to see.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 06:37
Crazy kickoff is in like two hours, don’t even got my first coffee down yet.
…or Bloody Mary.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This may get frustrating again. Only 4 active IDL's. Let's hope they all see the field a lot.
RIP JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

At Rum Runners in Vegas at 5:30 am, waiting for kickoff in less than an hour. Vegas’s best Packer bar, filling up fast.
Attachments
CB4B2181-CBCB-4CD9-85E3-920105D393C6.jpeg
CB4B2181-CBCB-4CD9-85E3-920105D393C6.jpeg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 162 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Good morning. :messedup:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Go Pack Go!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Oh dear, it appears to be the time for a nice cuppa and a Packers game!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Singer remembered to go "God Save the KING" :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Just got making my propa English Breakfast!!!!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.