Packers @ Giants GDT: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 8:30 AM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
09 Oct 2022 11:42
MLF really needs to look at his play-calling. He talks all the time about the need to run and yet he abandons it during games. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with the defense. They are mediocre at best right now. Unfortunately, I have no idea what Rodgers is thinking a lot of the time. Maybe he needs to stay the hell away from those mushrooms and concentrate on football for all the money he gets paid.
We all knew it is going to take time for AR and his WRs to click so for me MLF abandoning the run was especially egregious today.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
09 Oct 2022 12:22
Rodgers said Jaire and others already talking about losing next week. Ja's been vocally negative this season. This team may be teetering on the edge.
I'll be in my seat at Lambeau Field next week. Will be interesting to see what the pulse is before the game .......... with the tailgators and in my section. Would not be surprised if there are boos when the players come out to warm up. Definitely seems like the Packers are teetering. There is no killer instinct to speak of.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Oct 2022 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2022 12:27
williewasgreat wrote:
MLF really needs to look at his play-calling. He talks all the time about the need to run and yet he abandons it during games. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with the defense. They are mediocre at best right now. Unfortunately, I have no idea what Rodgers is thinking a lot of the time. Maybe he needs to stay the hell away from those mushrooms and concentrate on football for all the money he gets paid.
We all knew it is going to take time for AR and his WRs to click so for me MLF abandoning the run was especially egregious today.
Basically dumb play calling. There's nothing to sugar coat. LaCoach didn't get out coached by the Giants, he out coached himself. How many times do you have to beat your head against anything before positive change is inspired. Choose Love (no, just kidding ............. or maybe I'm not kidding). It takes all of us .......... and LaCoach's play calling is not what "us" should be.

I'm glad I'm not on the flight back to Green Bay from London. I'm also glad I didn't go to London to see this game live :bkw:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

:thwap: barf

What a sorry excuse of football that was all around. The 2nd I'm speaking. Losing is one thing. Being out played out coached and out hustled is another. The Packers as a while got beat by a lesser team bc that team wanted it. Hopefully this is a wake up call bc I am questioning this teams drive and heart. I see a bunch of guys that talk the talk but not a team

Next week will be interesting. I'd expect a bounce back but.....

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Well, this loss could hurt at the end. It was not like the Vikings loss where they beat us down the stretch, this one is on us.

p.s. Barry‘s defense becomes an issue. They have the talent to be dominant and to help the offense but they struggle. Would some of u even consider a bold move to axe Barry? (I wouldn‘t, but if at all it would need to happen now.)

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

It's starting to seem more and more like the coaching staff is not putting the players in position to win.

Defense: 3 good corners and we play mostly zone. No run blitzing with two fast ILBs. Only get negative running plays when KC busts them up.

Offense: O-line is a mess. Move an all-pro G to T next to a young guy who can't handle stunts. Platooning LTs but say we need continuity. Never run the ball enough. Have success with something and then never use it more than once or twice. Hardly ever run on 3rd and 4 or 5. Did it once in the red zone today and got a first down. No creative play calls when the offense is struggling.

Coaching is killing the team this year not the young players.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Oct 2022 13:44
Well, this loss could hurt at the end. It was not like the Vikings loss where they beat us down the stretch, this one is on us.

p.s. Barry‘s defense becomes an issue. They have the talent to be dominant and to help the offense but they struggle. Would some of u even consider a bold move to axe Barry? (I wouldn‘t, but if at all it would need to happen now.)
And don't forget, losing Conference games impacts playoff seeding. Playoffs........did you say Playoffs?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

how does a coach who brought such aggressive offensive schemes, short ball run blocking schemes go from all of that to this putrid crap we've seen this season, imho it is do to Rodgers wanting to use plays he used from McCarthys old spread vertical schemes.

this is the second week in a row we have seen crossing routes where receivers nearly run into each other, how can we not get the impression those are rarely if ever run in practice.

obviously Jones is a very good receiver as well as a runner, but so is Dillon, we set that up once that I saw today, and he was open, instead of just feeding him the ball, Rodgers throws 30 yhrds down field to a double covered Cobb, incomplete.

Lafluer will get the blame, to me, we look like a offense that pulls in two different directions, scripted plays produce points, non script, zippo.

can't even imagine what the hell Barry is doing, and from what I heard Alexander hasn't a clue either.

this is a frustrating team to watch, so much talent, and they seem clueless how to maximize it. :oops:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Yoop wrote:
09 Oct 2022 14:19
how does a coach who brought such aggressive offensive schemes, short ball run blocking schemes go from all of that to this putrid crap we've seen this season, imho it is do to Rodgers wanting to use plays he used from McCarthys old spread vertical schemes.

this is the second week in a row we have seen crossing routes where receivers nearly run into each other, how can we not get the impression those are rarely if ever run in practice.

obviously Jones is a very good receiver as well as a runner, but so is Dillon, we set that up once that I saw today, and he was open, instead of just feeding him the ball, Rodgers throws 30 yhrds down field to a double covered Cobb, incomplete.

Lafluer will get the blame, to me, we look like a offense that pulls in two different directions, scripted plays produce points, non script, zippo.

can't even imagine what the hell Barry is doing, and from what I heard Alexander hasn't a clue either.

this is a frustrating team to watch, so much talent, and they seem clueless how to maximize it. :oops:
AR is stuck on the pass setting up the run instead of the other way around. :bkw: His ego is too much to overcome.
GO PACK GO!!!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Im not really blaming anything on Gutey anymore...for now...that is as long as Cobb is playing like its 2015.

Meaning, the O has plenty if used correctly. The D has plenty if used correctly, and the STs is close to actually being an asset for this team.

Im pretty much pointing my blame at Lafleur. 90% of the games we play we roll up with the best roster on the field, especially when you consider the massive advantage we almost always have at QB.

Yet all year we have barely scraped by, and trust me..the teams weve beaten either suck or they were playing with huge roster deficiencies. Point being, I think lafleurs job has been very easy compared to other situations to walk into as a new coach. He had a MVP QB in place that he DID (credit given) elevate. Lafleur got 12 back on track, cant deny that.

But beyond that, when has he beaten a team that has a better roster than he has? Those are the team we face in the playoffs. I cant think of one.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
09 Oct 2022 13:42
:thwap: barf

What a sorry excuse of football that was all around. The 2nd I'm speaking. Losing is one thing. Being out played out coached and out hustled is another. The Packers as a while got beat by a lesser team bc that team wanted it. Hopefully this is a wake up call bc I am questioning this teams drive and heart. I see a bunch of guys that talk the talk but not a team

Next week will be interesting. I'd expect a bounce back but.....
Anyone here thinking the Jets game will be any easier needs to rethink that one big time. They are beating Miami right now.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
Hmmmmm disappointing….

We look like what we thought, a playoff team who needs to get a lot of &%$@ figured out by January.

Most mad at D,
I am so NOT convince this is a playoff team now. Yeah, it might win 9 of the 17 games. But there are too many levels of under-performance and downright atrocious coaching.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 14:52
Im not really blaming anything on Gutey anymore...for now...that is as long as Cobb is playing like its 2015.

Meaning, the O has plenty if used correctly. The D has plenty if used correctly, and the STs is close to actually being an asset for this team.

Im pretty much pointing my blame at Lafleur. 90% of the games we play we roll up with the best roster on the field, especially when you consider the massive advantage we almost always have at QB.

Yet all year we have barely scraped by, and trust me..the teams weve beaten either suck or they were playing with huge roster deficiencies. Point being, I think lafleurs job has been very easy compared to other situations to walk into as a new coach. He had a MVP QB in place that he DID (credit given) elevate. Lafleur got 12 back on track, cant deny that.

But beyond that, when has he beaten a team that has a better roster than he has? Those are the team we face in the playoffs. I cant think of one.
We beat SF last year in week 2, after being humiliated the previous week.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

is trouble brewing in Packer land with Jaire?

Hes been vocal about not liking stuff all year and today Rodgers publically calls him out about not being sure about next week or something. Seems odd.

Not sure Rodgers needs to call out Jaire either.

weird situation

"Ja's my guy, but we dont need to be talking like that"

hmmm

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 15:18

Hes been vocal about not liking stuff all year and today Rodgers publically calls him out about not being sure about next week or something. Seems odd.

weird situation

hmmm
It certainly seems this is an inflection point of the season for sure.

But at this point the only players I've been really proud to say they are a Packer is Clark, Gary, Doubs, Cobb, Lazard and Jones.

Nobody else seems to give a sh*t. And it's getting frustrating to watch.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2022 16:02
Drj820 wrote:

weird situation

hmmm

But at this point the only players I've been really proud to say they are a Packer is Clark, Gary, Doubs, Cobb, Lazard and Jones.

Not a bad point, but we still stand at 3-2 no matter how frustrating it has been to watch. Everything seems correctable to my eye. I think there is still room for things to get a lot worse...especially with a loss next week to the Jets if that were to happen.

As for your list of who cares...not a bad list but I still would add Dillon to it. Dillon ran hard today, he just didnt get handed the ball much at all.

Im starting to think there is a big problem with this offense centered around Jones, Dillon, and Rodgers. The three of those guys seems like a great "problem" to have...but there just isnt enough ball for them to go around. Those are the kinds of backs you need when Jordan Love is your QB. When you can really commit to going thunder and lightning every drive. Jones needs carries because hes an electric playmaker, Dillon needs carries because he is the type of back that bruises defenses as the game goes on. What was a 2 yard gain in qtr 1 becomes a 6 yard game from dillon in qtr 4. We just arent using him as a hammer nearly enough to wear down a defense. Going three and out with 3 deep balls doesnt hurt a DLmen at all!

and that brings me to the third person in the trio...we cant do what the above need to do to get going because Rodgers will never commit to handing the ball off 35 times a game. I do not care what he says. He just wont. Hes the reigning MVP and he wants his stats. Hes conscience of his stats and legacy. He knows his legacy isnt going to be built on rings, he needs TD passes and yards.

Even the TD pass to Big Dawg this game..which was a really cool design...in a normal world would have been a hand off when you have a Jones and a Dillon. That perfect play would be saved for a third down when the run has been stuffed. Or when some spice was needed to score. We used to spice because everything was going great and we thought it would be "fun" to get big dawg a td pass.

Point being, there isnt enough rock to give Jones the playmaker the touches he deserves, Dillon the hammer the carries he NEEDS to wear out a defense, and Rodgers the MVP the throws he wants to "not be bored" "help his legacy" and "win an MVP".

No way.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Jaire is on some BS like that then trade his ass.

**edit**

No, it was a misrepresentation of what Jaire said.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 16:17
go pak go wrote:
09 Oct 2022 16:02
Drj820 wrote:

weird situation

hmmm

Not a bad point, but we still stand at 3-2 no matter how frustrating it has been to watch. Everything seems correctable to my eye. I think there is still room for things to get a lot worse...especially with a loss next week to the Jets if that were to happen.

As for your list of who cares...not a bad list but I still would add Dillon to it. Dillon ran hard today, he just didnt get handed the ball much at all.

Im starting to think there is a big problem with this offense centered around Jones, Dillon, and Rodgers. The three of those guys seems like a great "problem" to have...but there just isnt enough ball for them to go around. Those are the kinds of backs you need when Jordan Love is your QB. When you can really commit to going thunder and lightning every drive. Jones needs carries because hes an electric playmaker, Dillon needs carries because he is the type of back that bruises defenses as the game goes on. What was a 2 yard gain in qtr 1 becomes a 6 yard game from dillon in qtr 4. We just arent using him as a hammer nearly enough to wear down a defense. Going three and out with 3 deep balls doesnt hurt a DLmen at all!

and that brings me to the third person in the trio...we cant do what the above need to do to get going because Rodgers will never commit to handing the ball off 35 times a game. I do not care what he says. He just wont. Hes the reigning MVP and he wants his stats. Hes conscience of his stats and legacy. He knows his legacy isnt going to be built on rings, he needs TD passes and yards.

Even the TD pass to Big Dawg this game..which was a really cool design...in a normal world would have been a hand off when you have a Jones and a Dillon. That perfect play would be saved for a third down when the run has been stuffed. Or when some spice was needed to score. We used to spice because everything was going great and we thought it would be "fun" to get big dawg a td pass.

Point being, there isnt enough rock to give Jones the playmaker the touches he deserves, Dillon the hammer the carries he NEEDS to wear out a defense, and Rodgers the MVP the throws he wants to "not be bored" "help his legacy" and "win an MVP".

No way.
well 19 touches between Jones and Dillon isn't enough, obviously, and however many Rodgers threw deep was to many, to many off target, it seemed like we where doing go route practice.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
09 Oct 2022 16:18
If Jaire is on some BS like that then trade his ass.

**edit**

No, it was a misrepresentation of what Jaire said.
If anything rodgers misquoted him. Rodgers publically bopped Ja for little reason imo.

That’s why Im like hmmm.

Ja Can say what He wants. He’s the man. Not his fault his coach wastes his talent by putting him in soft zones

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah.

This offense needs to be a 30 touches to Jones and Dillon type of offense. Especially now.

But Rodgers and LeFluer just can't get themselves to do it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.