Packers @ Giants GDT: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 8:30 AM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 17:05
Labrev wrote:
09 Oct 2022 16:18
If Jaire is on some BS like that then trade his ass.

**edit**

No, it was a misrepresentation of what Jaire said.
If anything rodgers misquoted him. Rodgers publically bopped Ja for little reason imo.

That’s why Im like hmmm.

Ja Can say what He wants. He’s the man. Not his fault his coach wastes his talent by putting him in soft zones
why would a CB as talented as Alexander ever want to play zone, Jaire is a lock down CB, that didn't happen playing zone coverage, Alexander being out last year couldn't voice his displeasure, but zone takes away his best skills, course he's not going to be happy.

what do we hear constantly, ( probably to much) a coach has to scheme to his players ability, adjust to take advantage of there skills, well Barry's hard line approach isn't working, and he should listen to his players some.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-pa ... 15671.html

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Before the season began, a lot of us said we would be happy to start 3-2, given the schedule we had. Well, we are 3-2. But it seems that is a frustrating thing. This team is trending down instead of up. I think that is what we feel. We thought we would somehow survive the toughest part of the schedule with probably 2 wins (anything more would be a plus) and then improve as the rest of the season progressed.

At this point, it feels more like this team is losing itself. It isn’t improving at all. And it might be getting worse.

It isn’t enough to say that things will improve. Of course they will for us, but same thing for other teams. MLF needs to learn how to light a fire.

The past three seasons should suggest that we’ll be fine within a couple of weeks. But I’ve been saying that now for a couple of weeks. Lol.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Frustrating to watch the D being capable of domination then collapsing. How do you let Saquon get a 40 yard run when there is no QB on the field? That play totally changed the momentum.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

For the record I like Jaire sticking his chest out and being vocal about what he doesnt like. Hes not Dean Lowry doing that lol. Hes right and hes smart and he knows whats best. The coach should listen to one of his highest paid soldiers. Rodgers does the same for the O.

Now with Rodgers publically calling out Jaire...is there a power struggle going on? Is Rodgers making it known that hes the only one allowed to pop off to the media? Literally no one else has that I can think of in a while. Would he have called out Davante if Davante had said the same thing??

And finally, maybe we need more Jaires. I think some public messy blow ups before this thing gets away from us may be good. Maybe the blows lead to reconciliation eventually and us just doing what works. My next thought for people who should speak out is the running backs...they shouldnt be so team friendly and content with 15 carries. They should demand the rock. It would help us win more.

Next maybe the all pro campbell can demand the best secondary in the league on paper can be trusted to not play soft zones against teams with no receivers.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Pugger wrote:
09 Oct 2022 14:57
Backthepack4ever wrote:
09 Oct 2022 13:42
:thwap: barf

What a sorry excuse of football that was all around. The 2nd I'm speaking. Losing is one thing. Being out played out coached and out hustled is another. The Packers as a while got beat by a lesser team bc that team wanted it. Hopefully this is a wake up call bc I am questioning this teams drive and heart. I see a bunch of guys that talk the talk but not a team

Next week will be interesting. I'd expect a bounce back but.....
Anyone here thinking the Jets game will be any easier needs to rethink that one big time. They are beating Miami right now.
Agreed but it's a silly league. Miami or most anyone else doesn't scare me. Point being it a league of average. Nobody is great

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 18:52
For the record I like Jaire sticking his chest out and being vocal about what he doesnt like. Hes not Dean Lowry doing that lol. Hes right and hes smart and he knows whats best. The coach should listen to one of his highest paid soldiers. Rodgers does the same for the O.

Now with Rodgers publically calling out Jaire...is there a power struggle going on? Is Rodgers making it known that hes the only one allowed to pop off to the media? Literally no one else has that I can think of in a while. Would he have called out Davante if Davante had said the same thing??

And finally, maybe we need more Jaires. I think some public messy blow ups before this thing gets away from us may be good. Maybe the blows lead to reconciliation eventually and us just doing what works. My next thought for people who should speak out is the running backs...they shouldnt be so team friendly and content with 15 carries. They should demand the rock. It would help us win more.

Next maybe the all pro campbell can demand the best secondary in the league on paper can be trusted to not play soft zones against teams with no receivers.
I hear what you’re saying. But anytime that you allow a “little” more public scrutiny on the team and staff and coaches, it’s a future avalanche waiting to happen. The starting QBs are “gifted” the microphone as a virtue of their starting status. Nobody else is.

I really don’t have a problem with the content of what Aaron said. It’ll only be an issue if the public makes it into one.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I just had a disgusting thought. Dallas and Philadelphia in the NFCCG. And no playoff games at Lambeau. I can't believe this. Ughhhhh. :beer: :rotfl:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Let em know, Jones. Love this answer.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's all Jim Leonhard's fault.
RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2022 20:37

Let em know, Jones. Love this answer.
What a G. Not only did we not run but only targeted RBs three times in the passing game. Against heavy blitz we should have had some screen calls or audibles ready to go.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Oct 2022 19:36
I just had a disgusting thought. Dallas and Philadelphia in the NFCCG. And no playoff games at Lambeau. I can't believe this. Ughhhhh. :beer: :rotfl:
MM is the better coach this season. And not just based on record. :hide:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This was an enjoyable thread to read. I don’t respect little Zach’s football opinions so watching Nagler bop him
was funny to me

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Oct 2022 23:07
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
the HC gets all the praise when winning, and all the blame when the team isn't, imo it takes more then just the HC though, it's the cords and assistants he has that pay attention to all the little things, the loss of Hackett seems big to me, elevating the OL coach to OC hasn't seemed to work as well

ST's sucked for a decade, we add a proven ST's coach, walla a much better ST's unit.

a couple reasons teams don't replace departing cords with outsiders, I. is HC's want someone familiar with there schemes, so they promote from within, 2. is money, well respected cords aren't cheap

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2022 00:04
wallyuwl wrote:
09 Oct 2022 23:07
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
the HC gets all the praise when winning, and all the blame when the team isn't, imo it takes more then just the HC though, it's the cords and assistants he has that pay attention to all the little things, the loss of Hackett seems big to me, elevating the OL coach to OC hasn't seemed to work as well

ST's sucked for a decade, we add a proven ST's coach, walla a much better ST's unit.

a couple reasons teams don't replace departing cords with outsiders, I. is HC's want someone familiar with there schemes, so they promote from within, 2. is money, well respected cords aren't cheap
Coach is responsible for his coaching staff. McCarthy has saved his career (for now lol) by learning to run the ball AND hiring Dan Quinn as DC. He also has a great ST coach.

Interestingly McCarthy had dopey assistant coaches while in GB too. So he either learned his lesson (wisely), or someone in GB is a cheap a**.

Either way, the HCs hires either make or break the HC and this is year 4 for Lafleur. Not like it’s year 1. If he really wants a guy he should force his hand and be vocal to go get him. Bisccachi was a perfect hire. Imagine if let’s say Dan Quinn was our DC? It’s not like Barry came in with an impressive reputation

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Carries in game:

Dillon: 6

Injured Dan Jones: 10

A game we were up big in btw

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Rodgers comment during the week, we need to air it out a little more, result, we aired it out a lot more, with few tangible results, translation, Rodgers couldn't hit the floor if he threw his hat at it, it ended drives, took the ball away from the RB's who had kept drives alive, and gassed out our defense which caused them to be even less effective.

players are upset, imho this is a time for a bitch session, players meeting, Alexander, and probably Douglass don't seem happy with what Barry is doing, it doesn't take to keen a eye to see Douglas is out of position, he flourished at Boundary last year, and should be moved back there, And Alexander doesn't seem in his comfort zone playing zone coverage, move him to slot, it would seem a better fit.

Barry said after our first loss to Minny that he will use zone coverage schemes mostly, maybe Barry needs to rethink his plan, because our secondary struggles to cover even no name receivers, the good ones rip our secondary to pieces, mostly it seems our defenders are thinking when they should be reacting, and it makes them a step late.

we have a full house roster of very talented players, our coaches need to lend them a ear, if they don't like some of the changes the coaches have made the coaches should be willing to listen to those gripes, I think thats the case on both offense and defense.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I was always wondering if maybe our talent wasn't as good as our record the last few years. But now I'm thinking our talent is real good and our coaching is the concern. I'm sure most of us here can predict our play calls more than half the time. And our coaching has consistently messed up our OL. It is very easy to see that Newman just can't handle any stunts. Yet we continue to play him. He is big and run blocks pretty well but if we're not going to run the ball 30x a game then why play him.

I would be so happy if we start next week's game with all runs for the first 3 series. Even if they are all 3 and outs. Just get our OL pounding on the DL and in attack mode. Saleh & LaFleur's brother wouldn't know who was coaching our team!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The reason I like Jaire and Jones and more speaking out about stupidity is because if you are a deck hand on a sinking ship are you going to tell the captain about a hole you spotted in the ship floor or are you just going to say “well, not my place, Im sure captain knows about it, I’m just a meer deck hand”.

No, all the guys speaking out care and I support them telling the captain why the ships sinking

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I wonder if Hacket, Davante Adams, and the Packers would all like a redo of this offseason.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Obviously we can't take it away, but the D held Barkley to 12 carries for 30 yards if we take away his 40 yard run. Breida was 4 for 14 yards, then Brightwell and Bellinger were 3 for 7 yards. All in all the run defense was pretty stout. Vacating the middle only to watch Jones pull it down and run up the middle was infuriating. Called it every time we did that to react to motion. After the first 2 drives we got figured out. 8 - 45 - FG, 11 - 86 - TD, 11 - 56 - FG, 15 - 91 - TD, 6 - 60 - TD. Almost all of Jones' passing yards were contained within those 4 drives. We didn't even make it hard on him... Defense really made it hard on themselves.

Offensively that 2nd drive of the 2nd half, which started at 10 minutes left in the game was terrible. Score is tied. Defense has been on the field for an entire quarter in the 2nd half. CAN'T have a 3 and out. What do we do. 3 passes, 2 deep shots that were covered. Punt... Then 3rd and 2 and we pass twice... WTF.

The talent is there, but we make it so much harder on ourselves as we are not willing to consistently play to our strengths.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."