Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I have faith that Jenkins can get it figured out at RT. He was away from the game for a while and now has had to go up against some good EDGE guys who are comparatively more warmed up.

That said, I do want him playing at the position where he can shine the most. After seeing him hold his own at LT last year I figured RT would be perfect for him, but now it seems like he is better suited at Guard and/or the left side.

Also, RG is the one OL position he has not started (he has logged snaps there but no starts) so it would be really cool. :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
06 Oct 2022 09:10
I have faith that Jenkins can get it figured out at RT. He was away from the game for a while and now has had to go up against some good EDGE guys who are comparatively more warmed up.

That said, I do want him playing at the position where he can shine the most. After seeing him hold his own at LT last year I figured RT would be perfect for him, but now it seems like he is better suited at Guard and/or the left side.

Also, RG is the one OL position he has not started (he has logged snaps there but no starts) so it would be really cool. :mrgreen:
this is a huge delema, Jenkins is in his 4th season minus a 5th year commitment, so he becomes a FA unless the FO either gives him a 2nd contract, franchises him, or some other tag process, obviously he will want Tackle dollars because he was doing very well at LT prior to his injury, however he probably will play much better back at LG where he made the PB as a rookie, and I believe all pro year two???? not sure about that, whatever he was a stud there, has plenty of play partner success with Bahk as well, Runyan also has some experience at RG and also has experience with Nijman as a play side partner, this to me seems like a logical reshuffling of the OL, they just have to pay Elkton a bit more then what a Guard makes, I still consider him Bahks replacement, so ya got to sweeten the pot.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d give Jenkins a bit more time.

I’d give him both NY weeks coming up minimum, if still bad, I’d move him inside for the Commanders make sure he’s a bit ready for Buffalo and that stretch.

Id also wanna make sure Bak is week in and week out reliable here before getting Nijman a lot of work at RT, he’d be my preferred starter there.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jones looks great this year, like his old self. Nice to see after never really doing so last season. I was pretty sure it was more OL than him being "done" but nonetheless, glad he's got his mojo again.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2022 10:05
Clearly he’s being saved for the playoffs…

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
10 Oct 2022 18:26
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2022 10:05
Clearly he’s being saved for the playoffs…

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Creed Humphreys - 6 pressures
Josh Myers - 3 pressures

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There is a valid discussion right now about doing what you do well versus doing what the defense suggests you should do. However, can those 2 be combined. For example, the play on 4th and the game had 8 guys in the box, however it was overloaded to the outside right. That tells you to throw, but the left side is still open to the run. If we do pass, how about throw to the slant/corner combination that creates a natural pick in man. Convention says throw into a blitz, but in this case the better play was throw the slant...

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Oct 2022 09:50
There is a valid discussion right now about doing what you do well versus doing what the defense suggests you should do. However, can those 2 be combined. For example, the play on 4th and the game had 8 guys in the box, however it was overloaded to the outside right. That tells you to throw, but the left side is still open to the run. If we do pass, how about throw to the slant/corner combination that creates a natural pick in man. Convention says throw into a blitz, but in this case the better play was throw the slant...
Yup. Good conversation.

That said, when GB had the next to last drive and they throw downfield two of three plays (during the three and out), we could talk about that. Two long passes. One should’ve been a penalty. But it wasn’t. The other should’ve been winning play. But it wasn’t.

The conversation should be had about whether we actually want to run (which has been successful) or not. Do we put more faith into what the metrics tell us or what the HC wants to accomplish? Should we make important plays at pivotal times a QB decision or not? Even if we have a HOF QB, sometimes the HC needs to tell him, no matter how the LOS stacks up, that we want to run or that we want to pass. Otherwise, the entire game plan falls in the QBs lap.

It’s a precarious balance, for sure. Even with a guy like Rodgers, being very confident in himself, MLF needs to take charge.

Another good example was when Seattle was in the Super Bowl against the Pats. Beast Mode should’ve been the call at the goal line. Instead, the offense threw a slant which was picked off. Metrics said that was the right call. But yet it clearly wasn’t because Beast was running all over that defense. Confidence wouldn’t be any higher than to give him the ball for the score, even if there were 9 in the box. Seattle outsmarted themselves and lost.

How much is Green Bay outsmarting itself and losing too many plays and games?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers opens his weekly spot on mcafee show making sure he gets his perspective out there he wishes the team left for London earlier. Speaks on getting to go watch a soccer game and how awesome it was. As well as how awesome the resort they stayed at was. Sounds like Rodgers thought this was a bro trip with his teammates on vacation, while the Giants just came to London on a business trip to win a football game.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Oct 2022 18:53
Rodgers opens his weekly spot on mcafee show making sure he gets his perspective out there he wishes the team left for London earlier. Speaks on getting to go watch a soccer game and how awesome it was. As well as how awesome the resort they stayed at was. Sounds like Rodgers thought this was a bro trip with his teammates on vacation, while the Giants just came to London on a business trip to win a football game.
Yea with him saying dumb &%$@ like that he should have just stayed over there

Honestly is football even a top priority to him?? I'm sure it is but when he says stuff like this it makes me wonder. Killers don't say this. Rodgers isn't a killer. He needs a real hard look in the mirror bc so far in 22 he's been an issue. I know he carried this team for many years. So far through 5 games he's not been good.

Ugh this team needs a kick in the ass and to find themselves like now

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He also said some other interesting things:

Said the turf and plane ride is why Bakh didn’t play full game.

Said he needs to get more targets to Lazard.

Didn’t have a problem with Jones comments but still felt he made “right decision” on what to run “based on the defense”

Said he wanted to big dog a TD pass because last time he was in London he had 3, and that was a play Hackett designed a couple years ago. (I would have preferred to run that surprise in a more critical time like 2 pt to win, or 4th and goal myself)

Backed off his comments on Jaire (of course) claimed he wasn’t speaking directly about him, but “locker room comments” In general and Jaire knows better because he’s also on a “spiritual path” and meditates and believes in “manifestation”.

Did not say anything about wanting to run the ball more. Only mentioned guys who need more targets.

And he said when other teams lose it’s not a big deal, but in GB it is because of the legacy of winning and expectations and he loves that and “wouldn’t have it any other way”. So he does recognize team needs to be better. Said they need to lock in and get back to basics.

Finally, his new book to recommend as part of the book club is a book on psycodelics as medicine. Lol
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

What book?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Oct 2022 09:34
Yes, and it makes no sense to move him and mess with his rhythm. Whether Jenkins settles in at RT or RG, he should not go back to LG unless Runyan gets hurt

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
11 Oct 2022 21:21
Drj820 wrote:

Honestly is football even a top priority to him?? I'm sure it is but when he says stuff like this it makes me wonder. Killers don't say this. Rodgers isn't a killer. He needs a real hard look in the mirror bc so far in 22 he's been an issue. I know he carried this team for many years. So far through 5 games he's not been good.

I don’t think it’s a top priority for him anymore. I get the sense from him it’s a job that fuels his other interests and hobbies. Honestly I don’t blame him either. This team has been so mismanaged from players to coaches it has to seem like there’s nothing you can do when someone else is such a jackass at their job.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2022 04:54
Backthepack4ever wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I don’t think it’s a top priority for him anymore. I get the sense from him it’s a job that fuels his other interests and hobbies. Honestly I don’t blame him either. This team has been so mismanaged from players to coaches it has to seem like there’s nothing you can do when someone else is such a jackass at their job.
Who besides New England has been better since Murphy took over? Is being 2nd best reason for AR to throw in the towel or to rededicate himself?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2022 04:54
Backthepack4ever wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Who besides New England has been better since Murphy took over? Is being 2nd best reason for AR to throw in the towel or to rededicate himself. Personally I don't think he has the fire in the belly anymore and the Packers should move on. Now.