Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

yep, touches on everything and more that we have been trying to say, we have plenty of talent to excel in man coverage, and a overly stubborn coach who wont use it enough.

most of us including myself thought Barry with all his experience, and tutoring under some successful coaches would be a great hire, but if he is going to continue to be dogged, mulish, obstinate, and pertinacious. ( looked up other words for stubborn) then Alexander will probably have to take a 2x4 to the player coach meeting and wop him :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Good article, but I have two problems with it:

#1 is the author classifying the Jets as "soft opponent". No, the Jets are tough. They can punch the Packers in the mouth if their QBs don't implode.

#2 is this:
...By using Tonyan and Lazard as standup receivers (with Tyler Davis as the true tight end), they can model themselves after the 2017 Rams offense that LaFleur coordinated, living in 11 personnel and finding YAC opportunities off of play-action over the middle of the field.

But that requires Rodgers’s acquiescence. It takes decision-making and progressions out of his hands. He’d have to become robotic, a cog in the machine, a point-and-shoot quarterback.

I’m not convinced that Rodgers wants to be that. Back-to-back MVPs typically don’t like having their role in the offense diminished, especially when they are as … enthusiastic about having influence over the team as Rodgers has been over the past few seasons. And Rodgers doesn’t deserve to be minimized! He isn’t the problem. He’s not playing his best ball, but he’s frustrated with the poor weapons he’s been provided, and understandably so.
What?! First, if he's not willing to give something up to improve the offense, then he is part of the problem! Second, how would making such a small change reduce Rodgers to a "cog in the machine"? Makes no sense.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Amari Rodgers time in Green Bay is getting shorter and shorter.
image.png
image.png (45.92 KiB) Viewed 375 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
12 Oct 2022 08:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2022 04:54
Backthepack4ever wrote:
11 Oct 2022 21:21

Yea with him saying dumb &%$@ like that he should have just stayed over there

Honestly is football even a top priority to him?? I'm sure it is but when he says stuff like this it makes me wonder. Killers don't say this. Rodgers isn't a killer. He needs a real hard look in the mirror bc so far in 22 he's been an issue. I know he carried this team for many years. So far through 5 games he's not been good.

Ugh this team needs a kick in the ass and to find themselves like now
I don’t think it’s a top priority for him anymore. I get the sense from him it’s a job that fuels his other interests and hobbies. Honestly I don’t blame him either. This team has been so mismanaged from players to coaches it has to seem like there’s nothing you can do when someone else is such a jackass at their job.
Who besides New England has been better since Murphy took over? Is being 2nd best reason for AR to throw in the towel or to rededicate himself. Personally I don't think he has the fire in the belly anymore and the Packers should move on. Now.
I don’t care where anyone thinks the Packers fall over the years. The boneheaded decisions that have mounted up are inexcusable IMO. Low calling a great STs coordinator after recently seeing how poor STs can cost you a SB in 2014 and hiring Drayton who to me is the worst STs coordinator in the history of football at the NFL and college level. The decision to draft Love set this team back years. Hiring Barry the friend and not the most qualified candidate and we are seeing how much of an idiot he actually is this year. A stacked cast of CBs and he’s playing soft zones and not attacking bum QBs with no WRs. This organization has been driving around a Ferrari and using unleaded gas.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kylin Hill practicing.

Don’t let the door hit ya, Amari.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Byproduct of too much zone which requires ILBs to drop instead of man on a RB.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2022 13:55
TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2022 04:54

I don’t think it’s a top priority for him anymore. I get the sense from him it’s a job that fuels his other interests and hobbies. Honestly I don’t blame him either. This team has been so mismanaged from players to coaches it has to seem like there’s nothing you can do when someone else is such a jackass at their job.
Who besides New England has been better since Murphy took over? Is being 2nd best reason for AR to throw in the towel or to rededicate himself. Personally I don't think he has the fire in the belly anymore and the Packers should move on. Now.
I don’t care where anyone thinks the Packers fall over the years. The boneheaded decisions that have mounted up are inexcusable IMO. Low calling a great STs coordinator after recently seeing how poor STs can cost you a SB in 2014 and hiring Drayton who to me is the worst STs coordinator in the history of football at the NFL and college level. The decision to draft Love set this team back years. Hiring Barry the friend and not the most qualified candidate and we are seeing how much of an idiot he actually is this year. A stacked cast of CBs and he’s playing soft zones and not attacking bum QBs with no WRs. This organization has been driving around a Ferrari and using unleaded gas.
Ferrari's use unleaded gas. I think you mean low octane.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Oct 2022 19:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2022 13:55
TheSkeptic wrote:

Ferrari's use unleaded gas. I think you mean low octane.
Tomato, watermelon.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Oct 2022 20:07
Sharp had some interesting observations about the Packer offense in that article. Well worth the full read. Of particular note:
On third downs in the first quarter of games, Aaron Rodgers is facing man or zone at about the same rate (five dropbacks vs. man, seven vs. zone). His air yards per attempt is quite similar (5.75 air yards vs. man, 7.0 air yards vs. zone). And he's converting 50% of these third-down passes combined.

But after the first quarter, his target depth on third downs based on coverage is wild:
  • Vs. man: 12.8 air yards on 10 dropbacks despite 6.6 yards-to-go, 50% of att thrown beyond sticks
  • Vs. zone: 1.9 air yards on 9 dropbacks, despite 7.8 yards-to-go, 11% of att thrown beyond sticks
It's no wonder Green Bay is converting just 24% of these third-down attempts into first downs.
It seems Lefluer/Rodgers become bi-polar after the 1st qtr when trying to sustain drives. They’re either taking the John Daly “f*** it and chuck it” approach or the Jeff Fischer “no-pass-is-too-short” approach depending on coverage.

This is yet another example of the offensive problems not being a sole issue of “meh, the receivers.” LeFluer/Rodgers are not running this offense nearly as efficient as they’re capable and it’s showing, particularly at critical points of games.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2022 13:51
Amari Rodgers time in Green Bay is getting shorter and shorter.

image.png
That time should never have started. Amari Rodgers is a bust

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This season, of course. Not a ton of opportunities yet, but nice to see they cleaned this up. He's 6 for 6 of FGs (22nd in makes, 25th in attempts) and 11 for 11 in XPs (10th in makes, 11th in attempts).

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:thwap: No one is saying run it all the time. Yes, be multiple. But maybe make the easier and right choice a little more often. Maybe choose the option that is working best that day a little more often. Maybe give the ball to your best players a little more often.

I'm sorry. I usually far from the most negative person on this board. But this team is pissing me off lately.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
13 Oct 2022 19:40
:thwap: No one is saying run it all the time. Yes, be multiple. But maybe make the easier and right choice a little more often. Maybe choose the option that is working best that day a little more often. Maybe give the ball to your best players a little more often.
That, and just maybe once in awhile change up your tendencies so you’re not so damn predictable and easy to defend…?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, I really feel like we need to do what the Saints did in the late stage of Brees's career -- redesign the offense around more of a running game -- but sadly I don't think our coaches have the vision/ability to think outside the WR box to make that happen.

MLF of all people should know better but I think he's sadly hung up on the idea that he has a HOF QB and that Rodgers *needs* to be lighting up the scoreboard, which is probably what Rodgers himself also thinks. The two (and apparently Steno, too) can't face the reality that:
(1) Rodgers is not a young man anymore;
(2) Rodgers's WR room is not good enough to play the brand of football that he wants to play;
(3) on the other hand, we have a lot of RB, TE, and OL talent which could totally pick up the slack.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The Packers offense starts the game with successful drives.

The other team’s coaching staff make adjustments.

LaFleur counters with his adjustments…which are not affective.

This has been happening for quite sometime. Often the team hangs on for the win. Other times it doesn’t work out and they lose.

But they haven’t been able to put a team away in quite awhile.
Love is the answer…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
13 Oct 2022 19:40

I'm sorry. I usually far from the most negative person on this board. But this team is pissing me off lately.
any fan with a heartbeat would be upset with the way the team is playing this year, when the run is averaging 5 yrds a rush against 8 in the box and you only run it 19 times, someone should be held accountable, specially so when ya lose to teams that you should beat.

we lose Adams, and it appears Rodgers, Lafluer and Stenavich act clueless on how to win without him, and to top it off we hear more stubborn bone headed comments from coaches, if your not going to run when your having success doing so, when the passing game isn't working, what are you accomplishing by continuing to do something thats not working, the goal is to win games, these aren't 60 minute practice sessions, what a narrow minded answer.

teams actually watch games of teams there about to play, they know we don't have deep speed players other then Watson who has failed to worry defenses, they know Rodgers and these other receivers have been inconsistent, so they play up to stop short passing and the run, the best way to change that is to complete passes in those zones, which we have struggled with or you complete the deeper ones, which we also have not, we all know this, we get it, but losing games forcing this approach hoping all of a sudden it clicks has cost us two games and almost 2 others.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I disagree about the deep threats. It's not always about speed. We have had at least 3 deep throws a game that Aaron has just missed. The underthrow to Cobb last week was a perfect example. He just hasn't been accurate yet on those throws. I think that is what he means when he says the offense is close to exploding. He's confident that he will start hitting those which we will open up the rest of the offense.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Alright guys, I’m having trouble deciding on a Packers jersey. I’m gonna pick up an alternate jersey today. I’m leaning towards Aaron Jones but not sure how much longer he’ll be on the team or if that’s really matters.
Last edited by Acrobat on 15 Oct 2022 08:38, edited 1 time in total.