Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

wallyuwl wrote:
13 Oct 2022 21:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Oct 2022 13:30
Watson is officially a bust
I think you need to give it some time before you label him a bust.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

williewasgreat wrote:
14 Oct 2022 04:27
wallyuwl wrote:
Exactly the response he was fishing for.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
14 Oct 2022 06:35
williewasgreat wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Wally the fisher king :lol: but some here liked George Pickens more, think Wally was one of em, he has about the same yards receiving as Doubs, we'll see him when we play the steelers, big like Watson, more polished and ready for the nfl though, there was something about him that turned some of, including Guty, so far Pickens looks like the better choice

we'll see Garret Wilson this week, another of the better receivers from this loaded draft class

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Oct 2022 07:04
APB wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

Wally the fisher king :lol: but some here liked George Pickens more, think Wally was one of em, he has about the same yards receiving as Doubs, we'll see him when we play the steelers, big like Watson, more polished and ready for the nfl though, there was something about him that turned some of, including Guty, so far Pickens looks like the better choice

we'll see Garret Wilson this week, another of the better receivers from this loaded draft class
Waaaay to early to call Watson a bust…but also totally true this draft class had tons of impact receivers…and Gutey sat on his hands and drafted two defenders in the first round.

Kind of hilarious if you think about it considering our need at receiver.

Watson looks like a heck of an athlete, I’ve seen no evidence he’s a heck of a football player. But he’s got plenty of time to change my mind on that.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Oct 2022 07:23
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Waaaay to early to call Watson a bust…but also totally true this draft class had tons of impact receivers…and Gutey sat on his hands and drafted two defenders in the first round.

Watson looks like a heck of an athlete, I’ve seen no evidence he’s a heck of a football player. But he’s got plenty of time to change my mind on that.
another preference from Guty to improve defense over offense, and the excuse as always, the best receivers, the ones we liked, where out of our reach.

heres a quick look at rookie receiver success so far

Olave is ranked #12 over all receivers with 389 yrds
# 32 Wilson 282
# 39 London 266
# 44 Pickens 250
# 45 our Cobby 245 it's shameful really to have who is considered to be the best QB in the league, and our best receiver ranks 45 in the league.
#57 Pierce 222
# 59 Doubs 213 yards with catch to targets of 22 of 29, Rodgers should get a kick in the shorts for not targeting him a lot more.

# 63 Lazard 209 yards

this after 5 games into season, Watsons knee scoping kept him from needed PS games, and now Hammy issues have hampered his on field status, hopefully he provides more as the season progresses.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
13 Oct 2022 16:50
The Jets WR corps ain't half bad with Corey Davis and the youngsters, Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson. They have talent. Fortunately for the Packers, Zach Wilson is melted banana split sundae - all over the damn place. Knowing Barry, he'll give Wilson the Daniel Jones treatment and make him look like an all-star.

I see this as a win but, like others here, not as comfortable a win as it should be.

Side note: It's week six and the most consistent unit has been special teams. Had I predicted that in the pre-season "Bold Predictions" thread, you all would've laughed me off the forum.
This isn't the Jets of old so I expect a real battle and if we lost it wouldn't shock me in the least. :?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Oct 2022 13:30
After 4 games? :lol:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

A skinnier Janis.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

wallyuwl wrote:
You probably said the same about Davante Adams and Gary.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just quit feeding the troll, asinine thing to say, even more foolish to give it a serious response.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Packfntk wrote:
14 Oct 2022 09:00
wallyuwl wrote:
You probably said the same about Davante Adams and Gary.
No, I didn't. I did say it about Harrell. And how did that turn out? The only difference is the position they play. Without availability, no other ability matters.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

His statement was that Watson is a bust, not that he liked someone else better. Totally irrelevant.

I'm sure everybody here liked someone better than Watson this draft. Hell, I was very vocal about Alec Piece. Pickens, too. That's a completely different conversation than saying Watson is a bust 5 games into his NFL career when he's had a couple minor issues that have kept him from the field of play.

It's a silly thing to say. Justifying it by tying it to liking another player better is near equally silly. As [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] would say, apples to watermelons.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like Rashan Gary could have a serious toe injury.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
14 Oct 2022 11:50
Sounds like Rashan Gary could have a serious toe injury.
How serious is serious? LaFleur didn't make it sound that bad:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/1 ... oe-injury/
Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur expressed some level of concern over the toe injury suffered by outside linebacker Rashan Gary this week.

The Packers listed Gary on the injury report with a new toe injury on Thursday.

“I don’t know the extent of it, we’ll see if he can go practice today,” LaFleur said Friday. “Definitely a little concerned about that.”
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
14 Oct 2022 11:45
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

His statement was that Watson is a bust, not that he liked someone else better. Totally irrelevant.

I'm sure everybody here liked someone better than Watson this draft. Hell, I was very vocal about Alec Piece. Pickens, too. That's a completely different conversation than saying Watson is a bust 5 games into his NFL career when he's had a couple minor issues that have kept him from the field of play.

It's a silly thing to say. Justifying it by tying it to liking another player better is near equally silly. As @lupedafiasco would say, apples to watermelons.
whats silly is you trying to stop any conversation you don't like, I expect you'll delete my post if you don't like it.

Wally says negative stuff like this often, I expect to hear it, so I added that hoping for a response, or are we not allowed to voice a opinion about who we would rather Guty chose, and if you don't like the direction of a conversation feel free to start one of your own, or go play in traffic.

this was another choice by Guty to draft for the future, versus someone that is more ready to produce now, Watson is as raw as sandpaper, both Pickens and Pierce are more ready to play, Doubs is saving Guty from ridicule.

what silly is people defending Guty and the Late Thompons decisions concerning the WR position the last 6 years, whats silly is paying so much to a QB, and then hamstringing him by not giving him WR talent, and there isn't anything in this whole conversation that is apples to watermelon, you just don't like dealing with reality. :thwap:

and according to this Watson may go on IR, bust may be a stretch, but it doesn't look like he'll contribute much this season.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-co ... 40038.html
Last edited by Yoop on 14 Oct 2022 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Yoop wrote:
14 Oct 2022 07:43
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

another preference from Guty to improve defense over offense, and the excuse as always, the best receivers, the ones we liked, where out of our reach.

heres a quick look at rookie receiver success so far

Olave is ranked #12 over all receivers with 389 yrds
# 32 Wilson 282
# 39 London 266
# 44 Pickens 250
# 45 our Cobby 245 it's shameful really to have who is considered to be the best QB in the league, and our best receiver ranks 45 in the league.
#57 Pierce 222
# 59 Doubs 213 yards with catch to targets of 22 of 29, Rodgers should get a kick in the shorts for not targeting him a lot more.

# 63 Lazard 209 yards

this after 5 games into season, Watsons knee scoping kept him from needed PS games, and now Hammy issues have hampered his on field status, hopefully he provides more as the season progresses.
Well, if Rodgers made better throws and better decisions, our WRs would be ranked higher.

Seems to me AR should focus on moving the sticks. He seems to always be looking for something to develop deeper. But if he would just take more of those mid range throws the deeper stuff would also open up. I was at the Chicago game. There were throws he could have made but held onto the ball for one reason or another.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Losses like those vs. Vikings or Giants are not uncommon for talented teams that are about to find themselves. You have good but raw pieces that make you bottle a job once in a while, partly because players think talent alone wins, partly because certain insights and procedures need time. So no real worry yet. But these were enough red lights for this team. If we lose to the Jets I‘ll start to be worried. I will be there vs. Cowboys in mid-November and do not wanna see a team where everyone is talking about tanking for draft 2023, but a team in the hunt for the ultimate prize. Go Pack Go ! ! !

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pass rush could be In trouble without Gary. That means everybody can pay attention to Preston. The backups behind them do not scare anyone and we hardly bring pressure from elsewhere.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Oct 2022 19:30
Pass rush could be In trouble without Gary. That means everybody can pay attention to Preston. The backups behind them do not scare anyone and we hardly bring pressure from elsewhere.
Might be forced to bring pressure and play man - how this talent should be used anyway.